Anime & Anime Images

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Post Reply
User avatar
J.Davis
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Anime & Anime Images

#1

Post by J.Davis » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey cslewislover and Gabrielman! I have the signature for my avatar. I think it gives a good Christian message and does the character justice as well.

The idea for my signature takes Matthew 7:3 literally, I used the king James wording. But in the case of my signature, Kenpachi is being a little smug about the misinterpretation of his handicap (due to his strength) and at the same time taking a shot at his faultfinder’s weakness.

I think the current picture goes better with my signature, he looks a lot more smug in this case as if he is saying…(Sarcastically)…Really?…LOL…I love it! But both pictures are awesome and I like the unique art style of the other pic along with the fact that it displays his sword.

After watching a few episodes on the internet and having my youngest brother bring me up to speed I can definitely say I can relate to the character. He looks a bit wild but I like this guy...lol…he’s a blats!

Very cool work guys! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: I have a ghost in my room.... No Joke

#2

Post by cslewislover » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Ha ha ha, that's cool that you're making it all come together with a Christian message. You know, Kenpachi killed a squad captain in order to become one. Very animalistic culture it's representing there! But Nathaniel says that that bit of information is from a season of the show that was not written by the original author, who still writes the Manga/anime. The conflict between Eastern and Western thought in the show is interesting, but I think Kiddy Grade is much more interesting and in-depth when it comes to that kind-of thing. If you want to see a truly excellent anime, grown-up and about love (not romantic), watch Solty Rei. It's only one season long. Strive to see the dubbed version, not the subbed. You may need to buy or rent it for that. The dubbed was made here and the choice of words is better, and they fit the movements of the character's mouths. The subbed version is definitely more eastern, and all the women have the same voices!!! It doesn't go with the strong women in that anime, lol; they're not all dolls. And the main male character is quite interesting - I'm sure you'd like him.
Image
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: I have a ghost in my room.... No Joke

#3

Post by Gabrielman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 pm

J.Davis wrote:Hey cslewislover and Gabrielman! I have the signature for my avatar. I think it gives a good Christian message and does the character justice as well.

The idea for my signature takes Matthew 7:3 literally, I used the king James wording. But in the case of my signature, Kenpachi is being a little smug about the misinterpretation of his handicap (due to his strength) and at the same time taking a shot at his faultfinder’s weakness.

I think the current picture goes better with my signature, he looks a lot more smug in this case as if he is saying…(Sarcastically)…Really?…LOL…I love it! But both pictures are awesome and I like the unique art style of the other pic along with the fact that it displays his sword.

After watching a few episodes on the internet and having my youngest brother bring me up to speed I can definitely say I can relate to the character. He looks a bit wild but I like this guy...lol…he’s a blats!

Very cool work guys! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Dude, yeah it is official, you are one of the cooler members on the board. You have just been added to my friends list for that, lol something that is not easy to do, epic! I will work on getting you a sig pic soon, like mine. However CSLL made mine so, don't expect anything too fancy from me, lol.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: I have a ghost in my room.... No Joke

#4

Post by cslewislover » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:47 pm

Kenpachi's softer side . . .

Image
Image
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

smiley
Established Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#5

Post by smiley » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:55 am

Are you aware of Nick Simmons' western rip off of Kenpachi and various other Bleach characters?

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5295/kenny2.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/580/ ... ripoff.jpg
"Imagine if we picked the wrong god. Every time we go to church, we're just make him madder and madder." - Homer Simpson

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#6

Post by cslewislover » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:46 am

That's weird. Is his manga about the same stories, or is he making fun of them, or what?
Image
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

smiley
Established Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#7

Post by smiley » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 pm

It's a comic book. The story is different, but contains many ripped off Bleach characters (both in design and personality) of whom Kenpachi is one.

And of course, this didn't go unnoticed. He received tons of negative criticism from the manga communuity.
"Imagine if we picked the wrong god. Every time we go to church, we're just make him madder and madder." - Homer Simpson

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#8

Post by Gabrielman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 pm

I am hoping that we can discuss some animes in this thread in depth, and there are a few I wanted to catch up on to discuss so that would be fun! :ebiggrin: to name a few, Trigun, Bleach, and I would love you all to see Vicki's note on Kiddie Grade! There are a lot out there, so let's get started, shall we?
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

User avatar
J.Davis
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#9

Post by J.Davis » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Cslewislover.
cslewislover wrote:Ha ha ha, that's cool that you're making it all come together with a Christian message.
It’s only because you were so cool about making me feel welcome. The least I can do is make good use of the character.
cslewislover wrote:You know, Kenpachi killed a squad captain in order to become one. Very animalistic culture it's representing there! But Nathaniel says that that bit of information is from a season of the show that was not written by the original author, who still writes the Manga/anime.
That‘s ok, David killed for another mans wife, seriously, how messed up is that? I think it’s safe to say that Kenpachi (and the rest of us for that matter) still have hope...LOL!

God must like a good story, the bible is full of them. And we all like watching or reading about our favorite character’s deep dark secret, struggles, heartbreaks, good times and bad times. And most of us hope that, in the end, our guy or girl fights hard and achieves the success they desire. I think God must feel the same about us. Things may end badly sometimes...Or, that bad ending may just be a rough beginning. In any case, there is plenty of head chopping, blood and torture in the bible. The word sets us free, I like to have fun. Some Christians (I know you are not doing this) take anything that is perceived as immoral to the extreme when God’s word is not even that strict. If God said it’s a sin then it is. Everything else, our heart will judge. I’m not condemned about non sins easily but thank-you for having concern for my moral preference Cslewislover.

And everyone has a beam or speck in their eye. So if any of you uptight Christians have a problem with Kenpachi’s character then bring it!...LOL!

I’ll definitely take a look at Solty Rei Cslewislover and give you guy’s my critique.
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#10

Post by cslewislover » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Gab wrote:I am hoping that we can discuss some animes in this thread in depth, and there are a few I wanted to catch up on to discuss so that would be fun! :ebiggrin: to name a few, Trigun, Bleach, and I would love you all to see Vicki's note on Kiddie Grade! There are a lot out there, so let's get started, shall we?
:D I'm not sure about my Kiddy Grade notes. They are just notes, and you'd have to see the show to understand them. But . . . maybe I could write something that shows how and what the writer presents in regard to the Christian view vs the Buddhist view. Notice Eclair wears a cross. But then, a lot of anime characters do, as well as gothics. So, it doesn't necessarily mean much regarding Christian faith. In Kiddy Grade, however, it does mean something. Christian symbolism is presented throughout, even though much of it passes by very quickly and it's hard to catch - like red wine & Eclair's cross merged in one scene (I think I must've watched that episode at least 4 times before I caught it), and the giant cross in Lumiere's vision. And of course there's all the dialogue, lol - but the Christian symbols make it so that the characters never have to say Christ or the West or anything.
J.Davis wrote:In any case, there is plenty of head chopping, blood and torture in the bible.
Phew, for a second there I thought you were talking about the board.

8) :lol:
Image
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

User avatar
J.Davis
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#11

Post by J.Davis » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Gabrielman.
Gabrielman wrote:Dude, yeah it is official, you are one of the cooler members on the board. You have just been added to my friends list for that, lol something that is not easy to do, epic! I will work on getting you a sig pic soon, like mine. However CSLL made mine so, don't expect anything too fancy from me, lol.
The feeling is mutual my friend, thanks for the kind words! And thank-you in advanced for the sig pic.
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.

User avatar
J.Davis
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#12

Post by J.Davis » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Kenpachi's softer side you say?

Image

Maybe at first glace it may seem that way. But the power it takes for a man to contort his body in such an extreme manner is unimaginable. His posture alone would make lifting that cup impossible for normal men. Yet, Kenpachi manages not only to drink from the cup, but finds the strength to extend his pinky and complete the sacred tea ceremony. It’s a daunting task and every muscle in his body swells with intense pain, the stress on his glutes alone would make any man cry, but not Kenpachi, he manages to do all of this without showing even the slightest hint of pain or discomfort, just to put a smile on her face.

Soft?….No man has ever done anything this hardcore…LOL!
Last edited by J.Davis on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#13

Post by Gabrielman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:49 pm

How's this for a sig pic?

Image
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

User avatar
J.Davis
Established Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#14

Post by J.Davis » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi Gabrielman!

Definitely eye-catching and the style is cool. The cross and bones is a little much and I think the pictures overall message contradicts my avatar and signature. I would prefer the size to be close to cslewislover’s and the picture to shows Kenpachi in a much more relaxed cool guy state. Something that shows power, control and confidence with just a tad of smugness, just a little…lol. In short, a variation of cslewislover’s Kenpachi pic.

Thanks for the effort Gabrielman!
Huh, a beam in my eye? No, you're mistaken. Let's just say that this patch keeps things....interesting.

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Southern California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Anime & Anime Images

#15

Post by cslewislover » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I tried to modify that one - take the skull out and make it smaller - but when I reloaded it I couldn't edit out stuff in the program I was using. Lol. You didn't like it anyway - I was just going to do that and put it here in case someone else might want to use it. But I came up with another one. Maybe you like this better? His face is more like what you mean, right? The colors don't go with your avy though :|


Image


Image
Image
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

Post Reply