Music

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Anonymous

Music

Post by Anonymous »

What kind of music does everyone here like?

I myself am a fan of rock of all sorts, from heavy metal to punk to plain old rock to classic rock to stuff that borders on ska... I also enjoy jazz and some limited pop and electronic music.

My favourite bands and artists include Led Zeppelin, Ac Dc, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dandy Warhols, Portishead, Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Shakira, PJ Harvey, Primus, Bob Dylan, System of Down, the Who, ZZ Top, Pantera, Slayer, David Bowie, Sloan, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and so on.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I prefer pure instrumental of all kinds, although I usually enjoy all modern music starting from the 70s to mid 90s(after which, in my opinion, very little high quality music was produced). Opera isn't bad either, provided there is no stereotypical fat lady bursting my eardrums.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes, I agree that current music is going down the tubes a little. It's rather sad, I think.

And Opera is pretty good, what I've heard of it at least. I've got bits and pieces of Carmen mostly. If there's anything you'd like to reccomend, I'm always interested in getting new music. Well, music that's new to me anyways. ;)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I'm awful with memorising song names, sorry. I sometimes look for songs I heard once and liked for years before I find them.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

Dolly Parton (bluegrass) Shania Twain, Celine Dion,
Foster and Allen, The Seekers, The Cores, UB40, The Eagles,
Aqua, Reba MacIntire, Hillary Duff.
Alanna
Familiar Member

Post by Alanna »

I'm not a very big fan of any music... I use to like rock a little bit, but a friend of mine has been telling me a few dangerous things about listening to rock, though I'm still working on researching more about it, I've put it on the shelf. :wink:

God Bless!!
Alanna
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Dangerous?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dangerous about rock? lol. Like what?
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

rocks can break windows :lol:
Last edited by Deborah on Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

Anyone into Green Day? A lot of their lyrics remind me of quotes from the book of Eccleciastes in the Bible!
Maranatha!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I enjoy green day. I haven't heard much of the new CD though. Dookie does bring me back to grade 6 though.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

I think its their best so far - Billie Joe contemplates some very deep issues through seemingly shallow lyrics! (Same with Insomniac).
Maranatha!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I listen to Christian music. I am more into the alternative side of Christian music though. If forced, I can listen to anything but country.
Alanna
Familiar Member

Post by Alanna »

vajaradakini wrote:Dangerous about rock? lol. Like what?
Like I said, I'm still doing some research. Here's a article on it though it doesn't explain much, but once I talk to my friend, I'll try to post some more answers and opinions :wink: There's a really intresting story(at least I think it's interesting) about the harmful effects of rock music, but I forget most of it, so I'll try to get my hands on it, and post it later if I can :P

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/arts/al0073.html

God Bless!
Alanna ><>
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

salsa, merengue, reggae, hip-hop, rock, new age, alternative, opera, classical, rap, country...everything. my very favorite, though, is christian music. it's so awesome!