Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 306 times

Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#1

Post by Nessa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 am

Of course the answer is yes...

But in the end, it feels like someone's got a YouTube video tearing down some speaker until there's just about no one left....

I felt like asking one YouTuber (who even put down Ravi among many others) who they listened to besides themselves lol :lol:

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21188
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#2

Post by RickD » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 am

Nessa wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 am
Of course the answer is yes...

But in the end, it feels like someone's got a YouTube video tearing down some speaker until there's just about no one left....

I felt like asking one YouTuber (who even put down Ravi among many others) who they listened to besides themselves lol :lol:
I've found that on the major issues Charles Stanley is biblically sound.
These users liked this post by RickD:
Philip (Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:50 am)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 306 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#3

Post by Nessa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 am

RickD wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 am
Nessa wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 am
Of course the answer is yes...

But in the end, it feels like someone's got a YouTube video tearing down some speaker until there's just about no one left....

I felt like asking one YouTuber (who even put down Ravi among many others) who they listened to besides themselves lol :lol:
I've found that on the major issues Charles Stanley is biblically sound.
Yes but his son might be a different story..

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21188
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#4

Post by RickD » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:57 am

Nessa wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 am
RickD wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 am
Nessa wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 am
Of course the answer is yes...

But in the end, it feels like someone's got a YouTube video tearing down some speaker until there's just about no one left....

I felt like asking one YouTuber (who even put down Ravi among many others) who they listened to besides themselves lol :lol:
I've found that on the major issues Charles Stanley is biblically sound.
Yes but his son might be a different story..
I'm not familiar with Andy Stanley. What specifically does he believe/say, that's not biblically sound?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21188
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#5

Post by RickD » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:01 am

I've done a little reasearch on Andy Stanley, and from what I've read, albeit brief, I don't find anything that stands out as a red flag in what he teaches.

What I did see, was quite a few people who took what he said out of context, to make it seem he's teaching something that he's not.

I'd still like to know where someone finds an issue with his teachings.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#6

Post by PaulSacramento » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:30 am

There was this one rabbi in Jerusalem, about 2000 years ago...
These users liked this post by PaulSacramento:
Philip (Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:50 am)

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21188
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 1062 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#7

Post by RickD » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:53 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:30 am
There was this one rabbi in Jerusalem, about 2000 years ago...
Could you be a little bit more specific?
:lol:
These users liked this post by RickD:
Philip (Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:50 am)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8272
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 619 times

Re: Is any biblical teacher/leader sound?

#8

Post by Philip » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

There are many thousands of sound, Biblically based Christian teachers. It's just that most of them are typically serving locally, in their own churches or they've just never received national attention / aren't in any way famous. Right in my own capital city, I so often learn about great teachers that I'd never heard of - just because they are 45 minutes on the other side of town from me. Why is it that so many Christians out there are looking for "rock star" or TV personality type teachers? Are numbers of followers and viewers what it takes to impress us? Most people whom gravitate towards those types wouldn't know errant teaching or bad theology if it bit 'em in the butt!
These users liked this post by Philip:
Ged (Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:45 am)

Post Reply