What I believe

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Anonymous

What I believe

Post by Anonymous »

I personally believe man kind was put onto the plannet by aliens, or from alien influencial activity.

The reasoning I have behind this is that there is no way we could have evolved so far past any other organism to survive so much better. Evolution generally does not involve a specie in an evironment completely steamrollering everything else - unless of course there was outside affect, for instance aliens planting us or aliens rapidly changing something on earth.

With the above "evidence" i gave, you could still say that God put us on the planet (it would explain us being so much more advanced than the other species), however there are many Gods that have been sed to have made us. Hindus, Christians, Muslims all believe in different gods creating us. Who is to assure anyone is was the Christian God?

I personally think that all the major faiths were created by Extra terestials themselves for whatever reasons (to control them in whatever ways). The piece I will say to explain why I think that there must have been some kind of very paranormal happening to create a particular religion - something solid that happened and was like magic (this could have been Jesus in Christs sake) to collect that sheer amount of followers.

I also think that the way the books of the bible have been written (in a way where the bible itself cannot be disproven), means that the writers must have been very clever, and obviously I say that Alien intelligence could definately have produced such amazingly intellectual books for written way back.

Summary[\u]
I have only really wrote down a slice of my beliefs, but does anyone here see where I am coming from? Can you see that Aliens may well have caused us to be the most dominant specie by far, and imposed various religions to show us the best way of life where everyone can live in peace.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: What I believe

Post by Felgar »

Ok, first let me say that you're to be commended for the way in which you've demonstrated your beliefs. You have not attacked Christianity but rather, have very calmly explained a portion of your own beliefs. For that reason I'm very happy to discuss my take on what you're presenting.

So to recap some of your own opinions:
Essedarius wrote:I personally believe man kind was put onto the plannet by aliens, or from alien influencial activity.
The reasoning I have behind this is that there is no way we could have evolved so far past any other organism to survive so much better.
1) We could not have arrived at our present condition on Earth without a life form altering the mechanisms of nature.
Essedarius wrote:I personally think that all the major faiths were created by Extra terestials themselves ... I think that there must have been some kind of very paranormal happening to create a particular religion - something solid that happened and was like magic (this could have been Jesus in Christs sake) to collect that sheer amount of followers.
2) It is evident to you that a religion such as Christianity could not have had the rise to prominance that it had in that historical era if paranormal events did not occur. Therefore the life of Jesus demonstrated 'supernatural' occurances.
Essedarius wrote:I also think that the way the books of the bible have been written ... means that the writers must have been very clever, and ... have produced such amazingly intellectual books for written way back.
3) The Bible is very clever and esspecially for something so old shows an intellect that must be superior to the general population at the time that the books were written.
Essedarius wrote:... imposed various religions to show us the best way of life where everyone can live in peace.
And finally, the biggest point: 4) That the higher power demonstrated love and peace as the highest manifestation of the human condition.

Guess what Essedarius, you're almost a Christian! Reviewing the points:
1) Clearly God is responsible for our very unnatural development.
2) Jesus, who is God manifest in fully human form, presented many miracles throughout His life - the most important of which being His resurrection from death.
3) The Bible is 'god-breathed' and a direct result of God's inspiration of the writers - as far as I'm concerned the Bible is the actual message that God chose to deliver to all humanity.
4) Let's be clear: The Christian God IS Love - period. His commandment is to Love, He created us to Love, and His love for us was demonstrated by His lowering to our level and submitting His life freely. And out of Love, God has given grace and eternal fellowship with Him (eternal Love) to all who will accept it.

So what you've done here, is actually recognized some of the very fundamental truths that demonstrate THAT God is, and also WHO God is. The only mistake you've made is attributed those truths to the incorrect cause, which I've corrected for you in those 4 points.

Ultimately for you, there's the one burning question that you can't get past:
Essedarius wrote:Question: Who is to assure anyone it was the Christian God [and not the God of another religion]?
Well, accepting that there first IS a higher power, which you have - then you must decide what makes the most sense.

Does rewarding a very good life with rebirth as a Big Mac (cow) make sense? Does a vindictive god who toys with mankind to see them suffer, or does a loving God offerring His love to each of His creations make more sense?

For me it all comes down to the message of salvation. That is the message that humans have fallen short of the glory of God and that our eternal existance with God cannot be earned, but rather is given freely to all who take it. No other belief system offers salvation as the consequence of a gift given freely by our creator out of Love. And since the concept that true love is unconditional rings true to me, there is simply no other religion that offers a loving relationship between me and God. And thats what makes Christianity the truth and all other religions false.

You said it yourself, that love is the highest ideal. I pray that you will consider what I've said.

God bless,
Felgar