Reality as a hologram?

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Philisophical Headaches

Post by kateliz »

My headaches come over why there is God as opposed to nothing at all! Not that I'm objecting though!
Dawngoogs
Newbie Member

An amazing world...

Post by Dawngoogs »

It is truly amazing that anything exists.

Yes, science can break down the laws of the universe, physics, biology, etc. to explain how the world works. We can come up with theories on evolution, the big bang etc.

But what of it? Why is there laws of physics? Why does the earth revolve around the sun? If evolution is real, so what? It may just have been that the world and life was "seeded" to grow and develop. Just as plant seeds grow into flowers.

What I'm getting at is, the world is organized in a very specific way. It follows a specific order of laws. We take this for granted. We just study and observe these laws. We need to stop and think. Why any rules at all?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Which goes to show that science is based on ID :lol:
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Bingo! I am, therefore He is.