Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#301

Post by Kenny » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Philip wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm
Ken - my point about a supernatural beings are that demons are such beings - course they aren't God or gods - but according to the Bible they can masquerade as such, deceiving people into believing that false gods are real - just as demonic power empowered Pharaoh's magicians, or they oppress or possess people. But GOD - THE God, has control and power over everything He has created - which everything that exists has come from.
So what was your argument with what I said? Sounds like you agree with me.
Philip wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm
Again, what attributes of a supernatural Being would it take for you to recognize Him as God?
Probably something akin to what is described in the Bible.
Philip wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm
What if He is unlike what YOU think He should be?
My reaction would probably be the same as yours.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

User avatar
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#302

Post by Storyteller » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:01 am

That life is created by already existing life sources. Trace it back Ken.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8071
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 368 times
Been liked: 602 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#303

Post by Philip » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 am

Philip: What if He is unlike what YOU think He should be?
Ken: My reaction would probably be the same as yours.
Well, first off, I would expect God to be far above our understandings and logic - as I can't see perfectly see ALL of the past and ALL of the future - which changes everything when you realize this all-knowing God also has unlimited power, love, values mercy over judgment, hates sin and prideful things. So, I do not expect Him to think or act like a man would - meaning, trying to understand the ways and thinking of God is like a worm trying to contemplate quantum physics - we don't have the toolkit of mind, spirit and ability of God.

Isaiah 55: "8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So, this is where atheists, agnostics and others make such a huge mistake - of reading Scriptural claims made about God, and saying to themselves, "If God actually exists, he would logically never create things as he supposedly has, nor do the crazy things we read in the Bible." Again, such thinking is like the worm contemplating general relativity or similar things.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#304

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 am

Kenny wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Kenny wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:05 pm
This is what happens when a person chooses to live out there life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.Kenny here just goes on his personal opinion and because he accepted atheism without any evidence it is correct
Nearly every time you post it becomes more and more obvious you have no idea what it means to be atheist. And as many times as I have told you, yet you keep coming up with "zingers" like this; it's obvious you have no interest in learning.
I could careless how atheists label themselves.There is something seriously wrong with people who choose to live out their life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.How come you don't want to know you're right? I thought atheists go by evidence and want proof for God,yet it is they who have no evidence for why they live out their life as an atheist. When are you going to take evidence seriously Kenny? Because the sooner you do the sooner you'll leave atheism due to it being too empty,even if you don't become a Christian you'll know atheism cannot be true due to no evidence and you'll finally leave atheism.But as long as you choose to not take evidence seriously you'll never be able to even begin to get to the truth.

Also how come you won't take my advice and ignore what people say,ignore what atheists say and actually visit a real haunted house? Because it will open your eyes to the spirit realm.


If you don't believe that atheists have no evidence atheism is true I want you to ask atheists for evidence atheism is true. And listen to them explain why they as an atheist do not have to have any evidence. And you'll know atheism cannot be true out of all other world views due to no evidence. The atheist would rather hide behind a label they expect you to go by than make sure they are correct in their atheistic thinking.

Then after you ask atheists for evidence I want you to ask Christians,muslims,hindu's,flat earthers,big foot,alien abductions,UFO sightings,witches,pagans,etc for evidence and you'll see them give you evidence,only atheists refuse to.Which means that there is more evidence for any of these other things i mentioned and I could keep going,but there is more evidence for these things than for atheism. Atheism is bottom of the barrel when it comes to having evidence you're correct.I'm not lying when I say atheism is too empty.
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right? What do atheists claim as right? or true? If I have no evidence that atheism is true (whatever that means) am I supposed to become theist? Suppose I have no evidence that theism is true either?
What do I mean? We determine what is true or not based on evidence.It does not matter if what atheists claim is right because they and you are living out they and you're life as an atheist.If you have no evidence atheism is true then you should not be living out your life as an atheist,yet you are.You do have evidence Theism is true and have been given it many times only for you to reject,deny and explain it all away for your atheistic opinion without any evidence.

You know there is no evidence atheism is true and yet you are still living out your life as an atheist. It is faith Kenny because you are living out your life as an atheist as if it is true,just like a Christian living out their life as a Christian does. Yet you want to try to deny you have faith.Actions speak louder than words do.

The bottom line is this Kenny you should not be living out your life as an atheist without evidence it is correct for you to do so,and yet you are and you don't even care if you're right because you are living out your life as an atheist. And yes you should accept Theism based on evidence and shun atheism due to there being no evidence atheism is true.

I would like you to give proof and evidence you are correct to live out your life as an atheist Kenny,go ahead.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20929
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#305

Post by RickD » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am

Kenny,

I think I understand your question, and there's confusion with ACB's answer.

You asked:
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right?
I think he means that there's no evidence that God doesn't exist. Which isn't even controversial, since you admitted that you don't have any evidence.

And how you aren't understanding how you are sawing off the very branch that you're standing on, is beyond me.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#306

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:09 am

No offense to anybody but it does you no good to try to give evidence Theism is true or anything is true,even if it has nothing to even do with religion until atheists learn to take evidence seriously. I'm convinced this whole new atheist movement has been built on just trolling Christians but these atheists never realized there is no evidence atheism is true and now it is coming back to haunt them.

The whole new atheist movement has been built on trolling Christians, and anybody who is religious, or anybody who believes in the supernatural for proof and evidence,only for them to reject,deny and explain it all away with atheistic talking points as if there is no evidence. To the point now that atheists have convinced themselves they have actually refuted all evidence and arguments when the fact is it is only they the atheists who have no evidence they are correct.

Instead of trying to convince atheists with evidence we need to dedicate out time to helping atheists realize the importance of going by evidence to determine what is true or not. Until atheists take evidence seriously it is pointless to try to convince them with evidence anything is true.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#307

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am

RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
Kenny,

I think I understand your question, and there's confusion with ACB's answer.

You asked:
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right?
I think he means that there's no evidence that God doesn't exist. Which isn't even controversial, since you admitted that you don't have any evidence.

And how you aren't understanding how you are sawing off the very branch that you're standing on, is beyond me.
Well first atheism is not just about God not existing but anything to do with the supernatural too but also the fact that atheists reject the idea of an afterlife an expect to just die and nothing more when they die.Atheism is exaggerated skepticism for anything to do with God,the supernatural and the afterlife religious people look forward to without the same level of skepticism for atheism.They give themselves a pass but expect evidence from everybody else so that they can reject,deny and explain it all away with atheistic talking points.This is why no matter if we bring up God or haunted houses,spirits,theism,etc Kenny has a talking point to reject,deny and explain it all away.Now sometimes Kenny prefers his own opinion and how he feels about it rather than a more popular atheist talking point but he is still apart of atheism and so the problem still remains.Atheism is too empty.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#308

Post by Kenny » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:56 am

Storyteller wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:01 am
That life is created by already existing life sources. Trace it back Ken.
Okay I gotcha. The idea that matter has always existed is something I’ve mentioned many times before that makes sense to me. The idea that the cell is one of many substances of matter that has always existed, is a discussion that has lead to countless “face palms” from RickyD, Philip, and countless others I’ve discussed with on this forum.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#309

Post by Kenny » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Philip wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 am
Philip: What if He is unlike what YOU think He should be?
Ken: My reaction would probably be the same as yours.
Well, first off, I would expect God to be far above our understandings and logic - as I can't see perfectly see ALL of the past and ALL of the future - which changes everything when you realize this all-knowing God also has unlimited power, love, values mercy over judgment, hates sin and prideful things. So, I do not expect Him to think or act like a man would - meaning, trying to understand the ways and thinking of God is like a worm trying to contemplate quantum physics - we don't have the toolkit of mind, spirit and ability of God.

Isaiah 55: "8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So, this is where atheists, agnostics and others make such a huge mistake - of reading Scriptural claims made about God, and saying to themselves, "If God actually exists, he would logically never create things as he supposedly has, nor do the crazy things we read in the Bible." Again, such thinking is like the worm contemplating general relativity or similar things.
Are you saying the Bible cannot be trusted to provide an accurate understanding about what or who God is?
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#310

Post by Kenny » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Kenny wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Kenny wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:05 pm
This is what happens when a person chooses to live out there life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.Kenny here just goes on his personal opinion and because he accepted atheism without any evidence it is correct
Nearly every time you post it becomes more and more obvious you have no idea what it means to be atheist. And as many times as I have told you, yet you keep coming up with "zingers" like this; it's obvious you have no interest in learning.
I could careless how atheists label themselves.There is something seriously wrong with people who choose to live out their life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.How come you don't want to know you're right? I thought atheists go by evidence and want proof for God,yet it is they who have no evidence for why they live out their life as an atheist. When are you going to take evidence seriously Kenny? Because the sooner you do the sooner you'll leave atheism due to it being too empty,even if you don't become a Christian you'll know atheism cannot be true due to no evidence and you'll finally leave atheism.But as long as you choose to not take evidence seriously you'll never be able to even begin to get to the truth.

Also how come you won't take my advice and ignore what people say,ignore what atheists say and actually visit a real haunted house? Because it will open your eyes to the spirit realm.


If you don't believe that atheists have no evidence atheism is true I want you to ask atheists for evidence atheism is true. And listen to them explain why they as an atheist do not have to have any evidence. And you'll know atheism cannot be true out of all other world views due to no evidence. The atheist would rather hide behind a label they expect you to go by than make sure they are correct in their atheistic thinking.

Then after you ask atheists for evidence I want you to ask Christians,muslims,hindu's,flat earthers,big foot,alien abductions,UFO sightings,witches,pagans,etc for evidence and you'll see them give you evidence,only atheists refuse to.Which means that there is more evidence for any of these other things i mentioned and I could keep going,but there is more evidence for these things than for atheism. Atheism is bottom of the barrel when it comes to having evidence you're correct.I'm not lying when I say atheism is too empty.
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right? What do atheists claim as right? or true? If I have no evidence that atheism is true (whatever that means) am I supposed to become theist? Suppose I have no evidence that theism is true either?
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
What do I mean? We determine what is true or not based on evidence.It does not matter if what atheists claim is right because they and you are living out they and you're life as an atheist.If you have no evidence atheism is true then you should not be living out your life as an atheist,yet you are.You do have evidence Theism is true and have been given it many times only for you to reject,deny and explain it all away for your atheistic opinion without any evidence.

You know there is no evidence atheism is true and yet you are still living out your life as an atheist. It is faith Kenny because you are living out your life as an atheist as if it is true,just like a Christian living out their life as a Christian does. Yet you want to try to deny you have faith.Actions speak louder than words do.

The bottom line is this Kenny you should not be living out your life as an atheist without evidence it is correct for you to do so,and yet you are and you don't even care if you're right because you are living out your life as an atheist. And yes you should accept Theism based on evidence and shun atheism due to there being no evidence atheism is true.
Actually I’ve got lots of what I would consider credible evidence that theism is not true, which would mean by default, evidence that atheism is true.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 am
I would like you to give proof and evidence you are correct to live out your life as an atheist Kenny,go ahead.
The way I see it, if God is “almighty” he would be almighty enough to communicate to me in a way that I recognize and understand, rather than providing a bunch of people like you with no credibility; trying to speak for him. Now I know this makes no sense to you, but to me it makes perfect sense to me.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#311

Post by Kenny » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:17 pm

RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
Kenny,

I think I understand your question, and there's confusion with ACB's answer.

You asked:
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right?
I think he means that there's no evidence that God doesn't exist. Which isn't even controversial, since you admitted that you don't have any evidence.
The God of the Bible is described in a way that makes it impossible to disprove. I can't even disprove the existence of Santa Clause; does that mean I can't be skeptical? IMO the inability to disprove something has never been a reason to believe it
RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
And how you aren't understanding how you are sawing off the very branch that you're standing on, is beyond me.
Perhaps you can explain it to me.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#312

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Kenny wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm
Kenny wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Kenny wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:05 pm
This is what happens when a person chooses to live out there life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.Kenny here just goes on his personal opinion and because he accepted atheism without any evidence it is correct
Nearly every time you post it becomes more and more obvious you have no idea what it means to be atheist. And as many times as I have told you, yet you keep coming up with "zingers" like this; it's obvious you have no interest in learning.
I could careless how atheists label themselves.There is something seriously wrong with people who choose to live out their life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.How come you don't want to know you're right? I thought atheists go by evidence and want proof for God,yet it is they who have no evidence for why they live out their life as an atheist. When are you going to take evidence seriously Kenny? Because the sooner you do the sooner you'll leave atheism due to it being too empty,even if you don't become a Christian you'll know atheism cannot be true due to no evidence and you'll finally leave atheism.But as long as you choose to not take evidence seriously you'll never be able to even begin to get to the truth.

Also how come you won't take my advice and ignore what people say,ignore what atheists say and actually visit a real haunted house? Because it will open your eyes to the spirit realm.


If you don't believe that atheists have no evidence atheism is true I want you to ask atheists for evidence atheism is true. And listen to them explain why they as an atheist do not have to have any evidence. And you'll know atheism cannot be true out of all other world views due to no evidence. The atheist would rather hide behind a label they expect you to go by than make sure they are correct in their atheistic thinking.

Then after you ask atheists for evidence I want you to ask Christians,muslims,hindu's,flat earthers,big foot,alien abductions,UFO sightings,witches,pagans,etc for evidence and you'll see them give you evidence,only atheists refuse to.Which means that there is more evidence for any of these other things i mentioned and I could keep going,but there is more evidence for these things than for atheism. Atheism is bottom of the barrel when it comes to having evidence you're correct.I'm not lying when I say atheism is too empty.
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right? What do atheists claim as right? or true? If I have no evidence that atheism is true (whatever that means) am I supposed to become theist? Suppose I have no evidence that theism is true either?
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
What do I mean? We determine what is true or not based on evidence.It does not matter if what atheists claim is right because they and you are living out they and you're life as an atheist.If you have no evidence atheism is true then you should not be living out your life as an atheist,yet you are.You do have evidence Theism is true and have been given it many times only for you to reject,deny and explain it all away for your atheistic opinion without any evidence.

You know there is no evidence atheism is true and yet you are still living out your life as an atheist. It is faith Kenny because you are living out your life as an atheist as if it is true,just like a Christian living out their life as a Christian does. Yet you want to try to deny you have faith.Actions speak louder than words do.

The bottom line is this Kenny you should not be living out your life as an atheist without evidence it is correct for you to do so,and yet you are and you don't even care if you're right because you are living out your life as an atheist. And yes you should accept Theism based on evidence and shun atheism due to there being no evidence atheism is true.
Actually I’ve got lots of what I would consider credible evidence that theism is not true, which would mean by default, evidence that atheism is true.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 am
I would like you to give proof and evidence you are correct to live out your life as an atheist Kenny,go ahead.
The way I see it, if God is “almighty” he would be almighty enough to communicate to me in a way that I recognize and understand, rather than providing a bunch of people like you with no credibility; trying to speak for him. Now I know this makes no sense to you, but to me it makes perfect sense to me.
Well you are the first atheist I've ever heard claim they have evidence for why they are atheist.Have you actually asked fellow atheists for evidence atheism is true? If so,did you provide them with evidence atheism is true? I think you should ask them because you'll realize how empty atheism really is and this is the supposedly big thinkers of atheism too that explain why they don't need any evidence.

So your evidence atheism is true is that you don't like it that God uses people like me with no credibility to speak for him? How is that I have no credibility when I stress over and over how important it is to go by evidence to get to the truth?How do you think you have credibility without any evidence atheism is true,yet you live out your life as one?

You have'nt given any proof and evidence atheism is true. You are still giving us your atheistic opinion about how you think God should do things instead of actually going by evidence to get to the truth. I really want to convince you the importance of going by evidence to get to the truth,but so far you are not taking evidence seriously.

Compared to all other religions I'm aware of Jesus offers the most awesome afterlife of them all but since you don't really know about religion and the differences I want to know say there is no evidence for God or Christianity eventhough there is,and you have been given it many of times,but lets just say there is no evidence for Christianity I want to know how you could live out your life as an atheist without any evidence you are correct while looking forward to just death and nothing more when you die over judgment day and heaven Jesus offers to those who believe in him? How can you do it? What is so appealing to you about death that convinced you to live out your life as an atheist and expect to just die? I can honestly say based on my research that no other god offers a better afterlife than Jesus does and so I would choose Jesus just based on afterlife alone,even if I had no evidence,but what say you?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#313

Post by abelcainsbrother » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Kenny wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:17 pm
RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
Kenny,

I think I understand your question, and there's confusion with ACB's answer.

You asked:
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right?
I think he means that there's no evidence that God doesn't exist. Which isn't even controversial, since you admitted that you don't have any evidence.
The God of the Bible is described in a way that makes it impossible to disprove. I can't even disprove the existence of Santa Clause; does that mean I can't be skeptical? IMO the inability to disprove something has never been a reason to believe it
RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
And how you aren't understanding how you are sawing off the very branch that you're standing on, is beyond me.
Perhaps you can explain it to me.
You said the inability to disprove something has never been a reason to believe it. If you really believed this you would not be an atheist.Because first off some evidence is better than no evidence,even for Santa Claus. But when we have atheist philosophers explaining why they don't need any evidence atheism is true and yet they are still living out their life as one,you know right off the bat atheism cannot be true and that you should be very skeptical of things atheists claim. Yet,you give them a pass.Why? Why are you skeptical when it comes to Santa Claus but not atheism?

It is like you have never ever done any actual research to get to the truth of something and so you cannot realize that only atheists claim they don't need any evidence. How are we to convince atheists with evidence when they don't take evidence seriously Kenny? I really want to know.It is like atheists have been indoctrinated and dumbed down by society to not take evidence seriously.One thing we do not do to get to the truth like you seem to do is just go by how we personally feel about it. No,we dig into the evidence to see if it is legit or not before we decide either way and we put our bias aside as best we can and go by the evidence in order to get to the truth.How come you are not very skeptical of atheism and their atheistic thinking based on evidence? What makes you overlook their lack of evidence and yet still choose to be one?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

Kenny
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:17 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#314

Post by Kenny » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Kenny wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm
Kenny wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 am
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Kenny wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:50 am


Nearly every time you post it becomes more and more obvious you have no idea what it means to be atheist. And as many times as I have told you, yet you keep coming up with "zingers" like this; it's obvious you have no interest in learning.
I could careless how atheists label themselves.There is something seriously wrong with people who choose to live out their life as an atheist without any evidence they are correct.How come you don't want to know you're right? I thought atheists go by evidence and want proof for God,yet it is they who have no evidence for why they live out their life as an atheist. When are you going to take evidence seriously Kenny? Because the sooner you do the sooner you'll leave atheism due to it being too empty,even if you don't become a Christian you'll know atheism cannot be true due to no evidence and you'll finally leave atheism.But as long as you choose to not take evidence seriously you'll never be able to even begin to get to the truth.

Also how come you won't take my advice and ignore what people say,ignore what atheists say and actually visit a real haunted house? Because it will open your eyes to the spirit realm.


If you don't believe that atheists have no evidence atheism is true I want you to ask atheists for evidence atheism is true. And listen to them explain why they as an atheist do not have to have any evidence. And you'll know atheism cannot be true out of all other world views due to no evidence. The atheist would rather hide behind a label they expect you to go by than make sure they are correct in their atheistic thinking.

Then after you ask atheists for evidence I want you to ask Christians,muslims,hindu's,flat earthers,big foot,alien abductions,UFO sightings,witches,pagans,etc for evidence and you'll see them give you evidence,only atheists refuse to.Which means that there is more evidence for any of these other things i mentioned and I could keep going,but there is more evidence for these things than for atheism. Atheism is bottom of the barrel when it comes to having evidence you're correct.I'm not lying when I say atheism is too empty.
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right? What do atheists claim as right? or true? If I have no evidence that atheism is true (whatever that means) am I supposed to become theist? Suppose I have no evidence that theism is true either?
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
What do I mean? We determine what is true or not based on evidence.It does not matter if what atheists claim is right because they and you are living out they and you're life as an atheist.If you have no evidence atheism is true then you should not be living out your life as an atheist,yet you are.You do have evidence Theism is true and have been given it many times only for you to reject,deny and explain it all away for your atheistic opinion without any evidence.

You know there is no evidence atheism is true and yet you are still living out your life as an atheist. It is faith Kenny because you are living out your life as an atheist as if it is true,just like a Christian living out their life as a Christian does. Yet you want to try to deny you have faith.Actions speak louder than words do.

The bottom line is this Kenny you should not be living out your life as an atheist without evidence it is correct for you to do so,and yet you are and you don't even care if you're right because you are living out your life as an atheist. And yes you should accept Theism based on evidence and shun atheism due to there being no evidence atheism is true.
Actually I’ve got lots of what I would consider credible evidence that theism is not true, which would mean by default, evidence that atheism is true.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 am
I would like you to give proof and evidence you are correct to live out your life as an atheist Kenny,go ahead.
The way I see it, if God is “almighty” he would be almighty enough to communicate to me in a way that I recognize and understand, rather than providing a bunch of people like you with no credibility; trying to speak for him. Now I know this makes no sense to you, but to me it makes perfect sense to me.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm
Well you are the first atheist I've ever heard claim they have evidence for why they are atheist.Have you actually asked fellow atheists for evidence atheism is true? If so,did you provide them with evidence atheism is true? I think you should ask them because you'll realize how empty atheism really is and this is the supposedly big thinkers of atheism too that explain why they don't need any evidence.
My rejection of theism is not something I learned from other people, its something I figured out on my own.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm
So your evidence atheism is true is that you don't like it that God uses people like me with no credibility to speak for him? How is that I have no credibility when I stress over and over how important it is to go by evidence to get to the truth?
I don’t know you so when you tell me something that doesn’t make sense to me, rather than believing you are right and I am wrong, I assume I am right and you are wrong.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm
How do you think you have credibility without any evidence atheism is true,yet you live out your life as one?
What does it mean to live my life as an atheist? What do I do that a theist doesn’t, and visa versa?
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm
You have'nt given any proof and evidence atheism is true. You are still giving us your atheistic opinion about how you think God should do things instead of actually going by evidence to get to the truth. I really want to convince you the importance of going by evidence to get to the truth,but so far you are not taking evidence seriously.
You haven’t provided any evidence.
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm
Compared to all other religions I'm aware of Jesus offers the most awesome afterlife of them all but since you don't really know about religion and the differences I want to know say there is no evidence for God or Christianity eventhough there is,and you have been given it many of times,but lets just say there is no evidence for Christianity I want to know how you could live out your life as an atheist without any evidence you are correct while looking forward to just death and nothing more when you die over judgment day and heaven Jesus offers to those who believe in him? How can you do it? What is so appealing to you about death that convinced you to live out your life as an atheist and expect to just die? I can honestly say based on my research that no other god offers a better afterlife than Jesus does and so I would choose Jesus just based on afterlife alone,even if I had no evidence,but what say you?
I believe it was Mark Twain who said
“I will choose the bitter truth over a sweet lie any day
I couldn’t agree more.
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 20929
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Re: Many Atheists DO Believe in the Supernatural

#315

Post by RickD » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Kenny wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:17 pm
RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
Kenny,

I think I understand your question, and there's confusion with ACB's answer.

You asked:
What do you mean when you say "no evidence that atheism is true or right?
I think he means that there's no evidence that God doesn't exist. Which isn't even controversial, since you admitted that you don't have any evidence.
The God of the Bible is described in a way that makes it impossible to disprove. I can't even disprove the existence of Santa Clause; does that mean I can't be skeptical? IMO the inability to disprove something has never been a reason to believe it
RickD wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am
And how you aren't understanding how you are sawing off the very branch that you're standing on, is beyond me.
Perhaps you can explain it to me.
And as you write this, you are still oblivious to the fact that as a materialist, you must rely on evidence, because that's all you've got. Proof of God's existence is swept under the rug, and ignored, because it's not empirical evidence. Yet you hold to atheism, without any evidence that God doesn't exist.

Your entire worldview is based on faulty reasoning.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply