Last Christian on Earth

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Last Christian on Earth

Post by crochet1949 »

Your hypothetical is putting one man/ woman in the position to be able to save Christianity by staying alive to spread the Gospel to unbelievers. By denying Christ I would live -- taking a stand For Christ would bring my execution. Who says that my conscience would allow me to Do that. And who says that any non-believer who I Might befriend would believe me. My word would not be worth much. God's Word would stand a better chance of spreading one person at a time, when people would see that I was prepared to Die for my faith in Christ.
High schools kids who take a stand for believing in God Are shot and killed -- it serves as a wake-up call for the rest of us. I mean -- she didn't Have to do that -- she Could have hidden or denied -- but she Didn't.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

IceMobster wrote:No, it has no correlation with the dumbass movie "Last man on Earth" (seriously, don't watch it, so utterly dumb, waste of time)

Anyway, let us take a hypothetical point of view and imagine there is only one left Christian in the world and that is you. Christians are to be eradicated and so you are caught. However, much like in the Roman empire before 313. AD, you need to confess you are a Christian to be killed.
Would you admit that you are a Christian and die, or would you deny/secrete Christ (much like Peter did) so you could "restore" Christianity (hand over the faith on)?
Yeah,I agree it is better to die because we have eternal life first off. However personally I would not want to live in a world where there is no Christianity. If it was not for Christians we would not have as much knowledge and technology we do today. No other country where there are no Christians has produced as much knowledge and technology as the countries that have Christianity. We would be dumb people compared to where we have Christianity as the dominant religion.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

IceMobster wrote:No, it has no correlation with the dumbass movie "Last man on Earth" (seriously, don't watch it, so utterly dumb, waste of time)

Anyway, let us take a hypothetical point of view and imagine there is only one left Christian in the world and that is you. Christians are to be eradicated and so you are caught. However, much like in the Roman empire before 313. AD, you need to confess you are a Christian to be killed.
Would you admit that you are a Christian and die, or would you deny/secrete Christ (much like Peter did) so you could "restore" Christianity (hand over the faith on)?
Actually according to the bible eventually when we get out of the age of grace and move into the tribulation period it is going to be non-believers in Christ including atheists that are gonna have to choose life or death,because you will be forced to take a mark in your right hand or forehead and worship the anti-christ as God or be beheaded.This is one reason many in bible prophecy believe Islam has something to do with the mark of the beast system.Islamic terrorists behead infidels.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

The mark of the beast -- any believers who Do take it will incur the wrath of God.

Beheading infidels is happening Now. But we aren't in the 7 yrs of tribulation yet. Because born-again believers are still Here.

This world changes so fast that it's hard telling who will be in charge and become the Anti-Christ.

It will Not become any easier to be a believer than it is now -- will only get more difficult. But we Do have the Holy Spirit indwelling believers to give us the strength to do what is needed to share Christ / Gospel unto people's salvation.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

What is the mark of the beast? When I look in the mirror in morning I see God's seal on my forehead. (Revelation 7:3) Then again, sometimes it does rub off. Maybe my kids are playing a joke on me while I sleep? y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)