Interesting theory: God created randomness

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Starhunter
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Interesting theory: God created randomness

Post by Starhunter »

But I look at randomness as a result of freedom, having lots of options and even infinite options, which only an infinite God could provide.

have a great day guys.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

But I look at randomness as a result of freedom, having lots of options and even infinite options, which only an infinite God could provide.
Well, if that's how you want to define randomness, then I like it :ebiggrin:
I'd personally would rather word it as 'infinite potentials to actualize and the free determination to do so' ^_^

edited for spelling error :p
Last edited by Mallz on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

. Random exists in the fantasy of the mind.
Does the headache I have from reading the last two pages of this thread, exist only in my mind? y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
. Random exists in the fantasy of the mind.
Does the headache I have from reading the last two pages of this thread, exist only in my mind? y#-o

It hurt yours!! You should have tried participating in it. It was like arguing with two guys constantly patting themselves and each other on the back and think that it proved their points. :pound:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

'What we've got here is failure to communicate'
:rockcool:
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Jac was right, coolest emoticon ever!!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

melanie wrote:'What we've got here is failure to communicate'
:rockcool:
Me sorry, no comprehende :lol:

I don't know if I like that emote, makes me feel uncomfortable......................... :underchair:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.