Interesting theory: God created randomness

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Interesting theory: God created randomness

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Mallz wrote:Now I don't think you're even reading what I say. Forget it.
I did read what you said and I rejected it.

Prove that I approached it differently the second time, I bet you can't.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

:shakehead: Easily. You used a different finger sequence when typing expressed by varying and different muscle movements to produce a different result. I can go further down the line in how different your first attempt and second attempt was that produced different results. Obviously, if you did it exactly the same as the first time, the result would be the same.
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

There is no such thing a perfect chaos, because that makes it orderly and consistent over time. In other words if a condition lasts than it is part of order. Real chaos can only ever be temporary.

Therefor randomness together with predictability works OK and is not chaotic.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Look, if you want to try and prove random exists another way, please have at it. You are not doing it now.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Daniel you deliberately tried to demonstrate chaos, which is not chaos but deliberated.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Therefor randomness together with predictability
Isn't that a self-refuting statement?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote::shakehead: Easily. You used a different finger sequence when typing expressed by varying and different muscle movements to produce a different result. I can go further down the line in how different your first attempt and second attempt was that produced different results. Obviously, if you did it exactly the same as the first time, the result would be the same.
Yep so what, this just proves that my muscles moved in a random pattern, if they moved exactly the same I would have produced the same results. y#-o

You are actually proving my point that it was random....................................
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Starhunter wrote:Daniel you deliberately tried to demonstrate chaos, which is not chaos but deliberated.

I didn't demonstrate Chaos, I demonstrated randomness.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Mallz wrote:
Therefor randomness together with predictability
Isn't that a self-refuting statement?
Yes and No, there is no such thing as anything unpredictable with God. So chaos cannot exist, but randomness can, since it is a term of observation anyway.
Last edited by Starhunter on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Starhunter wrote:Daniel you deliberately tried to demonstrate chaos, which is not chaos but deliberated.

I didn't demonstrate Chaos, I demonstrated randomness.
You are quite right Daniel, lol.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

You are actually proving my point that it was random..
Not in the slightest.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

So is randomness - chaos with certain probabilities?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:
You are actually proving my point that it was random..
Not in the slightest.
:pound:
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

So chaos cannot exist, but randomness can, since it is a term of observation anyway.
Chaos does exist and we are a part of it now. Chaos is the state of perverting an essence (sin).
Randomness can't exist as existence is based on an intelligent Elohim. This Pure Being, this Intelligent Existence, does not have random in it.
We might not be able to predict Elohim, but He predicts Himself.
If He predicts Himself, there are no elements unknown, and nothing 'random'. Random exists in the fantasy of the mind.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

True