Was Adam perfect?

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Was Adam perfect?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Byblos wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Byblos wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:He has not divinely interfered in any procreational event since Adam and Eve.
But why make an exception for Adam and Eve, since you're an evolutionist.
Because they were different, that I why they were in a garden IN Eden, a paradise on Earth.
Paul, if you're an evolutionist then necessarily you believe Adam and Eve are no different biologically than you or me, right?
Nope, not really.
There are varying views on the subject, as you know.
One view, they I am researching lately, is the view that Genesis 1 refers to creation of the Universe/world in general and Genesis 2, the the specific case of ONE location in Particular, the Garden in a place called Eden, where the start of a specific "bloodline' came to begin, Adam and Eve and what would be the Noahaic/Abrahamic lineage.
Not saying I agree 100% yet or will, just very interesting POV that does address a few issues, like the ones discussed here.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

The issue I have is IF God divinely interferes with the human procreative process for EVERY human life that is conceived (even before he/she is born), then what is the point in the procreative act? and what about the human body being born with such issues?
IF God is "forming" every life from scratch, then if there is a problem it was God's doing, yes?
stuartcr
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by stuartcr »

Why do you believe God needs a point that we can understand? I think, ultimately, everything is God's doing, isn't it?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

stuartcr wrote:Why do you believe God needs a point that we can understand? I think, ultimately, everything is God's doing, isn't it?
Everything is God's doing BUT IF we are made in His image then we should be able to understand enough of what we observe, no?
I mean, for human life to be born, God made it so that the process is what we know it to be (biologically speaking), If God creates and forms every human life in the womb by an act of divine intervention, why have the process at all ?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

So we could have families, love, pleasure...any number of reasons. Besides, we are fundamentally animals. How else would we be males and females? Maybe we aren't made in His image? That might explain why after all the years we've been on this planet, we still don't know these thing and have discussions all the time.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

stuartcr wrote:So we could have families, love, pleasure...any number of reasons. Besides, we are fundamentally animals. How else would we be males and females? Maybe we aren't made in His image? That might explain why after all the years we've been on this planet, we still don't know these thing and have discussions all the time.
None of those things require us to procreate if God is the one doing the creation of each and every single human life directly via divine intervention.
We discuss things we don't know BECAUSE we are made in His Image, no other species contemplates these things other than Us.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

It must be one of God's mysteries for you. Perhaps someday you'll know.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

Maybe what people consider creating, is the act of instilling a soul or conscience into the newly procreated humans?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

stuartcr wrote:Maybe what people consider creating, is the act of instilling a soul or conscience into the newly procreated humans?
Substitute spirit for soul and with that, I agree.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

Sure