Quotes posted on facebook

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
stigg
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Quotes posted on facebook

Post by stigg »

I'm a new guy here so I hope this is the right forum:0)
My nephew is a self proclaimed atheist and he and I have an on going conversation on facebook. He posts quotes from historic figures that aren't favorable toward 'religion' (mainly Christianity) and supposes the quotes represent the whole of the persons beliefs.
I've gone to 'quote' sites and found a few examples of the same figure but would like more in depth examples from a christian perspective......... can anyone help with this?

s:)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Quotes posted on facebook

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

stigg wrote:I'm a new guy here so I hope this is the right forum:0)
My nephew is a self proclaimed atheist and he and I have an on going conversation on facebook. He posts quotes from historic figures that aren't favorable toward 'religion' (mainly Christianity) and supposes the quotes represent the whole of the persons beliefs.
I've gone to 'quote' sites and found a few examples of the same figure but would like more in depth examples from a christian perspective......... can anyone help with this?

Hi Stigg

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure we can all help, post the quote that worries you and give us an explanation of why it does.

Remember people are fallible and I wouldn't worry so much about what any particular person says.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

sure, share with us, we may be able to help.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
stigg
Newbie Member

Post by stigg »

Thanks. I'll post what I can but I'm not sure I can put copied photos on this site.

s

stigg
Newbie Member

Post by stigg »

This is one of the latest pics posted by my nephew and to my mind exemplifies the cut and paste mentality of half truths and assumptions of those with a hatred for God and especially Christianity.
I'm trying to form a response without a lengthy explanation, any help would be appreciated.
http://s303.photobucket.com/upload