how are you christian?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

how are you christian?

Post by Prodigal Son »

i finally met a christian...face to face! :D this guy is really neat. he just spent some months in kenya "spreading the gospel". he mentioned that people in kenya invite you into their homes and feed you even when they have nothing to give. he says one family slaughtered their only goat to feed him! that's like right out of the bible kind of stuff!

why aren't americans like that? why is everyone so selfish here?

i don't feel christian at all after that. not at all. how are you guys christian? do you go around and spread the word to people who really need it? would you offer up your home/food to a total stranger?

i know i don't. i know i wouldn't. :oops:

does anyone here do things Jesus would praise? just asking. i won't be going to kenya anytime soon but maybe there's some other things you guys do that might give me some ideas.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: how are you christian?

Post by bizzt »

Prodigal Son wrote:i finally met a christian...face to face! :D this guy is really neat. he just spent some months in kenya "spreading the gospel". he mentioned that people in kenya invite you into their homes and feed you even when they have nothing to give. he says one family slaughtered their only goat to feed him! that's like right out of the bible kind of stuff!

why aren't americans like that? why is everyone so selfish here?

i don't feel christian at all after that. not at all. how are you guys christian? do you go around and spread the word to people who really need it? would you offer up your home/food to a total stranger?

i know i don't. i know i wouldn't. :oops:

does anyone here do things Jesus would praise? just asking. i won't be going to kenya anytime soon but maybe there's some other things you guys do that might give me some ideas.
My Wife and I sponsor two Children from the Philipines and Peru. We tithe regularly to the Church. Give Money whenever called upon or needed to people that talk to us on the Street. I feel bad when I don't have Money to give. I don't get to do little missionary trips but would love to teach the young! After having a child I don't know if I could give up a room in my house for a Stranger. Of course I would have to know who this stranger is in a way (if he was Christian and could be trusted) etc...

I don't think I nearly do enough as a Christian for people and sometimes I feel I do not have much to offer!!!
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

That's cool Prodigal... It's definately an encouragement to meet someone who is devoted to God in that manner.

As for me, I can definately sympathize with the feelings of "gee, what have I been doing?" but at the same time I temper that with the knowledge that God provides for each of His followers in different ways. Yes everyone should share the Gospel, but I don't think everyone is necessarily called to go overseas in that manner. Those people need support from back home, and supporting them could very well be the way that you work into God's plan.

So for me I continue on with my life, fairly comfortable in the assurance that the path I'm on is one from which I will be able to do God's work. I don't know what's in store for me, but I expect it to be pretty cool. Right now a lot of my time is spent building up my business... But there were a lot of improbable doors that I believe God openned to put me here, so doing my best in the current situation is one of the ways that I can work for God.

So I guess I'm saying to just be open to what God is calling you to do. Right now that is likely to be sure to go to church, and to start giving more of your time and money to His cause. You'll know deep down if/when God wants you to do something much more drastic. :)
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

:) i agree. it's cool, but i'm not ready. instead, i am going to get rid of all my alcohol and join a fellowship group at church.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7