A SERIOUS PROBLEM I CAN'T IGNORE!!!

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

A SERIOUS PROBLEM I CAN'T IGNORE!!!

Post by Believer »

Brothers and Sisters,

I am facing a time of high doubt. I relize it is OKAY to doubt, but it is as though a VERY dark cloud has been hovering atop my head. In addition, since I became a serious devoted Christian, I have had the oddest thoughts pass through my mind. I will tell you that these thoughts are wrong and I need help. What I am experiencing is whenever I hear, think, and read certain words such as Christian, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Trinity, Bible, and all things that are "in the light of life", I attribute them to Satan, my mind says those words are pure evil and I should stay as far as way I can from them. I also feel that there is a force between me and my Bible that is making me avoid it at all costs, like I have no will or power to read the Bible. Now, I don't know if this is Satan at work in my life or something physcological, but it is very odd and I want it to be gone. When I hear, think, and read about Satan, my mind says "Yes' this is good", so therefore I believe Satan IS attacking me.

I am what you call a baby Christian, still learning how to live the Christian life, and I'm sure many of you are too. But with me, I find this to be a unique situation I am facing. I cannot tell you how evil I feel inside, so full of hatred, but towards what? Me, the Trinity, my parents, everything. Now granted I don't want to hate everything and I really do want a pure Christian life, but my mind locks on hating everything and wont let me have a free life of happiness. Satan is my puppeter and I am his puppet if you could imagine that. I don't know if I am possesed or what but this is something that I can't overlook my entire life because this could void my salvation. I am able to live with free will and do what I wan't, but I really do feel that I am inhabited by another evil being, or it is just my mind playing unwanted tricks. I feel like an evil being on the inside with a Christian overlay on the outside, in other words, I feel false.

I ask that whoever is reading this will PLEASE pray for me, Brian, member of GodandScience.org, and ask that the evilness be released. It would be greatly appreciated. I also ask that if you have any suggestions as to help me, I would appreciate that as well.

Your Brother In Christ,
Brian :wink:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I would recommend seeking out a Christian counsellor who could help you to gather your thoughts and better understand the root of your feelings. There seems to be more going on than perhaps could be dealt with via a discussion board. If you have a Christian friend who you trust, perhaps you could ask them to help you find someone. Or there should be a Christian helpline you can call to talk to someone, and then if further required they would likely be able to provide you with information on counsellors in your area.

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with doubt, and nothing wrong with "bad" feelings. What matters is that one deals with them appropriately rather then continue to let them build...

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

When Satan bothers me I just tell him to **** off before I take out my cross and beat him to a bloody pulp with it. Works for me :D
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Mastermind wrote:When Satan bothers me I just tell him to **** off before I take out my cross and beat him to a bloody pulp with it. Works for me :D
Mastermind, although I respect what you said above, this is a SERIOUS issue for me. I can't just think that I can physically see him and "beat him to a bloody pulp", I REALLY need help with this. It is spiritual warfare I am experiencing and any help and/or scriptures that could help me out would be GREATLY appreciated.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Ever heard of shadow boxing? It's a technique used by martial artists to practice sparring without an opponent. Imagine Satan is in the room. Then imagine you have a bigass sword and you're pouring holy water on it. The water begins to glow and the sword's blade turns into a blade of light. Start whacking Satan with it. I am being quite serious, it does wonders for my stress and he usually leaves me alone for the rest of the day. In addition, if you like a less active response, you could try fasting and praying instead of just praying. If God sees you are willing to make some sacrifices, He is more likely to help you. When Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days, he did not eat anything. You might want to reread that part as well(I think it's near the beginning of Matthew)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

1: Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2: And he fasted forty days and forty nights, and afterward he was hungry.
3: And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread."
4: But he answered, "It is written, `Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
5: Then the devil took him to the holy city, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
6: and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down; for it is written, `He will give his angels charge of you,' and `On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.'"
7: Jesus said to him, "Again it is written, `You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'"
8: Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them;
9: and he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."
10: Then Jesus said to him, "Begone, Satan! for it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"
11: Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and ministered to him.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

Brian

Jesus Christ has overcome the world for you and He has promised that you will not be tempted beyond what you can bear.

Following on from the advice given above, would it be possible for you to take some time out on your own? Maybe some type of city slicking to get in touch with your spirit and God's Spirit.

Scriptures: James 1, 2 Corinthians 12 and Phillipians 4

May the grace of God be with you

Regards
G
Maranatha!
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: A SERIOUS PROBLEM I CAN'T IGNORE!!!

Post by Felgar »

HelpMeGod wrote:I am facing a time of high doubt. I relize it is OKAY to doubt, but it is as though a VERY dark cloud has been hovering atop my head. In addition, since I became a serious devoted Christian, I have had the oddest thoughts pass through my mind. I will tell you that these thoughts are wrong and I need help. What I am experiencing is whenever I hear, think, and read certain words such as Christian, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Trinity, Bible, and all things that are "in the light of life", I attribute them to Satan, my mind says those words are pure evil and I should stay as far as way I can from them. I also feel that there is a force between me and my Bible that is making me avoid it at all costs, like I have no will or power to read the Bible. Now, I don't know if this is Satan at work in my life or something physcological, but it is very odd and I want it to be gone. When I hear, think, and read about Satan, my mind says "Yes' this is good", so therefore I believe Satan IS attacking me.
Brian,

I actually formulated my entire response to the thread about your brother and prayer before I even saw this thread (was working my way up the new post lists)... Somehow I felt that you were under spiritual attack, and I'd say this confirms it.

RGeeB's advice is definately one way to go. Read the Bible, because it is truth and satan has no power over the Word of God. As for my own opinion, see the other thread for the advice that I already gave. And I want to stress that I think it's very important for you to fellowship with other believers. Their prayers have real power, and they can help free you. Going to your pastor is your best bet, and if he doesn't take your concerns seriously then find another pastor!
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Let faith be your shield and reason be your sword as you beat Satan and his temptation into a bloody pulp through the power of Christ :D

I had the same thoughts when I just turned into a Christian. What I think it was? Well, when I converted, I was giving up ALL the evil in my life, just look at this as all the evil in your mind crying for you to stop being righteous in a last minute attempt to keep you from seeing the light. Brush it aside and keep walking towards Christ, I assure you, you will get out of this dark cloud soon enough and all will be made clear to you.