A friend, indeed...

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

A friend, indeed...

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Hey, what are all the things God has to say about friendships and such? I know some things...like the guy who needed bread in the middle of the night...but what else? I want to know because I despise the concept of having friends-yes I already knew I was weird, thank you-so I wanted a Biblical reason to think differently....since no person can make me change, they've already tried for a few years. 8)
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: A friend, indeed...

Post by 1over137 »

Unanswered post from 2005.

Proverbs 11:14
Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 ESV
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Hi Lover137. Apparently, you're new here. The op of this thread hasn't been active here in over 7 years.

:knight:

Ps. Actually I'm glad you bumped this thread, because the op has a good quote in his signature:
An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Do we have a guideline not to answer a post after 10 years and when the op is gone for 7 years?

:flush:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Do we have a guideline not to answer a post after 10 years and when the op is gone for 7 years?

Actually, yes. Give me a moment, and I'll look it up...ok, here it is Chapter 25. Section 13. Page 435; paragraph 2:
Thou shalt not respond to a post over 10 years old, IF the original poster has been inactive for more than 5 years.

You're the administrator. Did you forget to read the rule book? :shakehead:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
1over137 wrote:Do we have a guideline not to answer a post after 10 years and when the op is gone for 7 years?

Actually, yes. Give me a moment, and I'll look it up...ok, here it is Chapter 25. Section 13. Page 435; paragraph 2:
Thou shalt not respond to a post over 10 years old, IF the original poster has been inactive for more than 5 years.

I'd say you need to learn some math.

There were 6 hours and 46 minutes to go before the 10 year mark was hit, so I'd say Hana just scraped through.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

There were 6 hours and 46 minutes to go before the 10 year mark was hit, so I'd say Hana just scraped through.
Is it March in Australia? Because in the civilized world, it's May. Which means Hana's post exceeds the 10 year mark by almost 2 months.

Don't computer geeks have to be able to do basic math? :srofl:

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:Is it March in Australia? Because in the civilized world, it's May. Which means Hana's post exceeds the 10 year mark by almost 2 months.
Lover 137 broke the Law! OFF WITH HER HEAD!

NO MERCY!

:bag: Anonymous
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

Is it March in Australia? Because in the civilized world, it's May. Which means Hana's post exceeds the 10 year mark by almost 2 months.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:

Did you guys repeal the strict emoticon gun laws in Australia?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

We can get R18+ ratings on games now so games with guns are allowed.