Better to get saved when u know ur not gunna live for him?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Anonymous

Better to get saved when u know ur not gunna live for him?

Post by Anonymous »

Hey
Alex which is kinda a friend of mine now well he went to church last wednesday and at the end of our service our youth pastor normally ask is everyone saved. Well this time he asked and kinda pointed to everyone u know just to make sure, And he came to Alex , Alex told him he was not ready he had been saved already but is not ready to give his whole life to God, Is it better just to not give ur life to God since u know ur not gunna live for him or what? Cuz i kinda get the impression Alex is not ready to commit to God's rules. So what do u think?

Susan
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

i don't think you can get saved unless you're committed. God knows what's in your heart. you can't just say, "ok, God, take my life," and have it "work" if you don't really mean it.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I agree with Colors, I have been down that road, at the time I didn't understand, I was not committed to god, I didn't not really give my life to god, I did not study the word of god and I lost the faith I did have because of this. Looking back now I see that I was not a Christian, not really, I had not bothered to learn what a Christian truly is. I guess I did not really believe.
The bible gives the impression that it's good to not know if we are good enough to live with him, I think that means it's good to keep on our toes and understand that by just saying we accept that jesus came to suffer and die for us, so that we can live with him for eternity. That is not enough we are asked to walk in his footsteps. (I only hope the crucifixion is not part of that, they do that in I think Malaysia)
I think your friend doesn't understand that this life is a trial or test, and those who pass it earn their place with God for eternity.
As for Gods rules, the laws of the land are based on them, he has no choice but to follow them or take the consiqueces. Same goes for the laws of God, but the good news is that God is understanding, and he forgives us for being selfish and not understanding, but we must ask his forgiveness and truly mean it.
Joel Freeman
Familiar Member

Post by Joel Freeman »

Deborah wrote:(I only hope the crucifixion is not part of that, they do that in I think Malaysia)
Why would crucifixion be a part of walking in Jesus' footsteps? Acknowledging that Jesus died for out sins is all we need to do.

It's like this:

Before Jesus people had to sacrifice animals in order to be forgiven. Jesus' death on the cross was the ultimate sacrifice so that we don't have to sacrifice animals anymore. All we have to do to be forgiven now is admit that Jesus is Lord and Savior and that his death on the cross was for our sins, admit that we committed the sin, and ask the Holy Spirit to aid us in not sinning again.
colors wrote:i don't think you can get saved unless you're committed. God knows what's in your heart. you can't just say, "ok, God, take my life," and have it "work" if you don't really mean it.
Exactly. God doesn't want you to make empty promises to Him. When you say that you want to be saved then that means that you are willing to give your entire life to God.
OnFire4God wrote:Is it better just to not give ur life to God since u know ur not gunna live for him or what? Cuz i kinda get the impression Alex is not ready to commit to God's rules. So what do u think?
I think that if someone knew that they weren't going to give their life to God, and obey Him, then they wouldn't really be saved at all. Like colors said, God knows your heart, and if He knows that you aren't going to serve Him then I don't think that it would really "count".

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believing in your heart is half of salvation. So your friend, who knows in his heart that he doesn't want to obey God, doesn't have salvation. By not having that faith he won't be made right with God.

I hope I haven't been too redundant.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

One is not saved till one gets to heaven/new earth.
Maranatha!
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

RGeeB wrote:One is not saved till one gets to heaven/new earth.
agreed and that is why we must always make sure it is the light we walk. We must never take for granted that we will go to heaven, for when we do this we will slack off and wonder from the path to God.

akkk I hope you understood what I was trying to say :oops:
Joel Freeman
Familiar Member

Post by Joel Freeman »

Isn't that salvation though? Once you accept Jesus into your heart you have salvation, don't you?
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

Joel Freeman wrote:
Isn't that salvation though? Once you accept Jesus into your heart you have salvation, don't you?
Depends on your definition of salvation?
Maranatha!