Discovered real treasure - Kristina Roy

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Discovered real treasure - Kristina Roy

Post by 1over137 »

Dear friends,

I really enjoy reading Kristina Roy.
What a treasure to find her.

Currently reading "Only a servant"
http://library.timelesstruths.org/texts/Only_a_Servant/_/

and really enjoyed this passage:

"The aged Jew knew best of all what kindness this young fellow had shown to the man. He taught his son to read and write and all else that he knew. He even persuaded old David to teach him how to figure and do business. As a neighbor, he did him all the good he could, now he was getting “hot” pay for his trouble. One hard word after another poured out of the mouth of the farmer.

With amazement the Jew watched the face of the bitterly censured one. He stood calmly, leisurely resting on his spade, looking on the ground as if these words did not concern him at all.

The anger of the old Jew was being aroused. He would like to have jumped on that farmer and given him a good calling down; he would have shown him “where to get off,” but it was not his place to speak.

Finally, Petrash started at Method, their eyes met, and the farmer ceased.

“Well, then; have you told me all that the Devil commanded you to?” kindly, almost joyfully, spoke the young man. “He was owing me this in this valley. I already wondered that he had left me in peace so long. I almost feared that I was not serving my Lord Jesus Christ well. But now, all is well again. Now, when you have told me all that the Devil told you to, neighbor Petrash, speak for yourself. What kind of injustice has been done to you, or what evil have I ever done to your son"

I think, not only some, but all the books by Kristina Roy should be translated to English.
She is a great gift from God.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart