I've been pretty quiet here......

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
User avatar
JButler
Established Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:36 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby JButler » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:51 am

After joining the forum about a year ago it didn't take long to notice it's pretty quiet in these parts. I didn't know the forum was so old but I figured it out. But I also noticed that topics which I had questions had been discussed in the past, sometimes often enough to prompt a grumpy sounding "been discussed before". :fryingpan: So taking the hint I've used the SEARCH a lot and this place is a gold mine of information! So much so its usually my first stop to search a new question because I feel trust in the "senior" member's knowledge level.

Seriously though, its more time efficient to quickly sort through multiple threads with keyword instead of a protracted "live" new thread. Any rate I just want to thank all the "senior" members for all their input since the forum started. Its obvious why the Holy Spirit led me here.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby RickD » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 am

JButler wrote:After joining the forum about a year ago it didn't take long to notice it's pretty quiet in these parts. I didn't know the forum was so old but I figured it out. But I also noticed that topics which I had questions had been discussed in the past, sometimes often enough to prompt a grumpy sounding "been discussed before". :fryingpan: So taking the hint I've used the SEARCH a lot and this place is a gold mine of information! So much so its usually my first stop to search a new question because I feel trust in the "senior" member's knowledge level.

Seriously though, its more time efficient to quickly sort through multiple threads with keyword instead of a protracted "live" new thread. Any rate I just want to thank all the "senior" members for all their input since the forum started. Its obvious why the Holy Spirit led me here.

Great post, JButler.

I agree with you. When I came here, I got a great amount of info from Rich's articles, and the senior members.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 8034
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby B. W. » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:31 am

Yes suggestion for modernizing the forum - please enter here...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

User avatar
JButler
Established Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:36 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby JButler » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:58 pm

B. W. wrote:Yes suggestion for modernizing the forum - please enter here...
-
-
-


I think its just fine as is.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:02 am

It could use some more advertising. What I mean is this place is not well known among forums, and can be spread around some. I already have spread it on websites a few times.

User avatar
Storyteller
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby Storyteller » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:33 pm

I like it as it is too and I don't think advertising is necessarily a good idea. I think if people are meant to find it they will. God led me here :D
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby Nessa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:44 am

finally read the title right... thought it said its been quiet here....

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby RickD » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:28 am

Nessa wrote:finally read the title right... thought it said its been quiet here....

Blondes!
y#-o
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby Nessa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:35 am

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:finally read the title right... thought it said its been quiet here....

Blondes!
y#-o

He did go on to say it has also been quiet here.... least I just didnt read the title like some people might :poke: :P

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby RickD » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:32 am

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:finally read the title right... thought it said its been quiet here....

Blondes!
y#-o

He did go on to say it has also been quiet here.... least I just didnt read the title like some people might :poke: :P


:titanic:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Storyteller wrote:I like it as it is too and I don't think advertising is necessarily a good idea. I think if people are meant to find it they will. God led me here :D

I was on the main site a couple years ago occasionally, but I really started coming here (specifically the forums) in late Feb.
I decided to join in early March.

User avatar
Storyteller
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:21 pm

I joined 2 days after reading the main site, back in Jan 2016
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby RickD » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 am

Storyteller wrote:I joined 2 days after reading the main site, back in Jan 2016

You joined in January 2015, not 2016, FYI.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Storyteller
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby Storyteller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:20 am

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I joined 2 days after reading the main site, back in Jan 2016

You joined in January 2015, not 2016, FYI.

Well doesn't time fly :shock:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: I've been pretty quiet here......

Postby RickD » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:16 am

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I joined 2 days after reading the main site, back in Jan 2016

You joined in January 2015, not 2016, FYI.

Well doesn't time fly :shock:

To me, it seems like you've been here since 1985.
:mrgreen:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “Christian Chit-chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests