I'm officially a pastor

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

I'm officially a pastor

Post by Jac3510 »

So, yeah, see the headline. Most of y'all probably know that I'm a hospital chaplain. Now add this. I was officially appointed to be the pastor by my DS (district superintendent) about 8pm on January 22. There will be an installation service on March 5. We're a small church, but really, really diverse and these people love each other. So it's pretty exciting.

What I can definitely say is that I have way too many irons in the fire! Hospital chaplaincy, bivocational pastorate, starting a satelite campus of Grace Biblical Seminary at our church, continuing to develop Emmaus Biblical Training Center, writing two books, and developing research programs at my hospital . . . all of that while trying to take care of life in general (wife, two kids, and somewhere find room to go see family back on the east coast). Somebody told me, if you want something done, give it to a busy person. If that's true, I think a lot is about to get done. Prayers I don't lose my mind this year, haha. :)

Anyway, no real point to the post. Just wanted to share that, as it's pretty exciting. I would be curious about what ministerial ventures y'all are involved in. I know God's doing stuff all over the world through ordinary folk like us.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I'm officially a pastor

Post by Philip »

Congrats, Jac! That's a big responsibility, no matter the size of the church. I pray you'll be effective.

So, should we now call you "Minister Jac, Your Holiness" - what? I prefer "Preacher Jac!" ;)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Haha, thanks, Phil. If you're going to insist on a title, I'll accept "Your Excellency," unless you really prefer religious titles, in which case, yes, I can settle on "Your Holiness" or perhaps Magnificis Servus. Outside of that, Jac (or just Chris) is fine. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

Congrats :ebiggrin: I don't do much ministerially - I've got a family and a job which I find hard a lot of the time, and I help a bit at church on Sunday mornings - that's about it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Congrats, Pope Brian.

:samen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Nicki wrote:Congrats :ebiggrin: I don't do much ministerially - I've got a family and a job which I find hard a lot of the time, and I help a bit at church on Sunday mornings - that's about it.
*Cue conversation about how taking care of a family and work itself are ministries in and of themselves* ;)
RickD wrote:Congrats, Pope Brian.

:samen:
I want my SN changed to PopeBrian :mrgreen: 8)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

y>:D<
Too late to pray you don't lose your mind though :mrgreen:

I'm currently looking for a church to attend, a friend I chat to online has offered a few suggestions and has offered to come with me, I may well take him upon that.

Great news Jac, you'll be great!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Congrats Jac
Y'all deserve it :ewink:
Take it your stride, be yourself, humble and own it!!
In all your busyness' God called the right man for the job :amen:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Congrats Jac.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?
Which sign, chaos, or the antichrist?

:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Congratulations Jac
JButler
Established Member

Post by JButler »

Congratulations on reaching a major milestone.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

Jac3510 wrote:So, yeah, see the headline. Most of y'all probably know that I'm a hospital chaplain. Now add this. I was officially appointed to be the pastor by my DS (district superintendent) about 8pm on January 22. There will be an installation service on March 5. We're a small church, but really, really diverse and these people love each other. So it's pretty exciting.

What I can definitely say is that I have way too many irons in the fire! Hospital chaplaincy, bivocational pastorate, starting a satelite campus of Grace Biblical Seminary at our church, continuing to develop Emmaus Biblical Training Center, writing two books, and developing research programs at my hospital . . . all of that while trying to take care of life in general (wife, two kids, and somewhere find room to go see family back on the east coast). Somebody told me, if you want something done, give it to a busy person. If that's true, I think a lot is about to get done. Prayers I don't lose my mind this year, haha. :)

Anyway, no real point to the post. Just wanted to share that, as it's pretty exciting. I would be curious about what ministerial ventures y'all are involved in. I know God's doing stuff all over the world through ordinary folk like us.
Well, I already considered you my Pastor; now it is official. Congratulations!