Special songs or hymns at points in life

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
JButler
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Special songs or hymns at points in life

Post by JButler »

In a person's life there are songs that define your feelings or experience at a certain point. It could something happy or sad or a special event but when you hear it the song brings you back.

Right now this song by Tennessee Ernie Ford best sums up how I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXoLIhM ... 2O&index=4
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Special songs or hymns at points in life

Post by abelcainsbrother »

There are many and although this song has been sang by so many different people I like this version.

How Great Thou Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL06fxHPVo
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

Nice rendition of the hymn. I always associate that hymn with little Lutheran churches in the country. It was a staple at funerals.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

When I was a kid going to Sunday School this was my favorite song we sung and I used to ask if we could sing it.

The Countdown Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krlp5Tan4dU
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Since we are getting towards Christmas this is my favourite Christmas song, we played this at the local Carols event a couple of years ago and I was given the pleasure of writing a soulful lead break for the intro.

My current favourite contemporary Christian worship song is Oceans. It has given me great comfort in some really difficult times in my life.

My favourite hymn I can't remember the name right now, watch this space.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.