Have you ever seen an angel?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Have you ever seen an angel?

Post by PaulSacramento »

B. W. wrote:Yes, when my Dad passed away...

I was watching him take his last breath, and there was an angelic being wearing a bluish robe, golden sash, whose face extend to heaven. He reached down, too my dad and raised his spiritual being up. My Dad looked around 30 years old and perfect. The angel appeared to be speaking to my father, but I could not hear what was being said, it seemed like he was helping my dad regain his memory that alzheimer's erased and then boom they both went strait up and were gone...

It happened so fast That I could not react fast enough to what I was seeing. I know where my dad is and this brought peace to both myself and my mother.

So yes, they can appear, however God wills them too.

have a nice day...
-
-
-
You are truly blessed my friend.
Truly.
I envy you.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

PaulSacramento wrote:

I was watching him take his last breath, and there was an angelic being wearing a bluish robe, golden sash, whose face extend to heaven. He reached down, too my dad and raised his spiritual being up. My Dad looked around 30 years old and perfect. The angel appeared to be speaking to my father, but I could not hear what was being said, it seemed like he was helping my dad regain his memory that alzheimer's erased and then boom they both went strait up and were gone...

It happened so fast That I could not react fast enough to what I was seeing. I know where my dad is and this brought peace to both myself and my mother.

have a nice day...
-
-
-
Truly.
I envy you.
Envy is a sin.
Repent thou sinner.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

have a nice day...
-
-
-
Truly.
I envy you.
Envy is a sin.
Repent thou sinner.
RiceLobster has a sarcastic sense of humor. You're starting to edge over to my good list. :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I may have related this a long time back. But, 15 years or so ago, my two sisters had a friend who lived next door, from when they were little until well past high school. In her mid-30s, she developed incurable cancer. Her name was Bridget and she was a Christian, but her mother and much of the family was not. My family had always tried to influence this family for Christ, taken the kids to church, etc. Anyway, this girl had cancer and her mother was helping take care of her. She had been in and out of the hospital, and she and everyone else knew she was dying. Near the end, when she was terribly weak and in pain, on her last day in the hospital, going in and out of consciousness, with her mother in the room with her, Bridget suddenly sat upright in bed and in a very excited and animated voice exclaimed, "The angels are coming, the angels are here!" And a moment later, she breathed her very last breath. Her mother did not hear or see anything other than her previously almost lifeless daughter suddenly bolt up in bed with excitement. Her mother was absolutely floored and just couldn't quit talking about what she had witnessed. I don't know that it brought about faith in the mom, but it definitely brought her a sense of hope and comfort.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:RiceLobster has a sarcastic sense of humor. You're starting to edge over to my good list. :lol:
Who's on the bad list? :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:
RickD wrote:RiceLobster has a sarcastic sense of humor. You're starting to edge over to my good list. :lol:
Once you've switched to the good list, nobody. 8-}2
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
:crying:
But what of the people who don't know the difference between epistemology and ontology? :evil:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:
RickD wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
:crying:
But what of the people who don't know the difference between epistemology and ontology? :evil:
:pound:

People? There's only one person here that I can think of. And believe it or not, he's on my good list. I personally like the guy. It may seem like I'm picking on him because I don't like him, but it's not true. I pick on him, first, because I pick on everybody. And second, because he is smart enough to know better.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Amazing how many songs there are about angels....wild angel, send me an angel, lips of an angel, she talks to angels, you are my angel, Halo, angel of the morning, angel eyes, angel with a shotgun...

And thats just from the top of my head

Oh and the arms of an angel...
:innocent:
ICOYAR
Acquainted Member

Post by ICOYAR »

No, but I managed to capture a ghost's voice on a cassette tape once, some 13 years ago or so.

I burned the tape, and since my grandfather was a deacon, had him come over and bless the hose or something.

Anyway, it was quite terrifying. The voice claimed that it was "good to see you again", and that "this was Paul", and I couldn't make out the rest of the garbled extremely deep sounding voice. Also, I don't know any Pauls.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Nessa wrote:Amazing how many songs there are about angels....wild angel, send me an angel, lips of an angel, she talks to angels, you are my angel, Halo, angel of the morning, angel eyes, angel with a shotgun...

And thats just from the top of my head

Oh and the arms of an angel...
:innocent:

"It wasnt God who made honkey tonk angels"
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

ICOYAR wrote:No, but I managed to capture a ghost's voice on a cassette tape once, some 13 years ago or so.

I burned the tape, and since my grandfather was a deacon, had him come over and bless the hose or something.

Anyway, it was quite terrifying. The voice claimed that it was "good to see you again", and that "this was Paul", and I couldn't make out the rest of the garbled extremely deep sounding voice. Also, I don't know any Pauls.
Well, damn. How hard did you cry in the corner of your room? :mrgreen:

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Epistemology:
Study of knowledge.

Onotology:
Study of reality, of the essence of being.

In short, Onotology is about what things are and Epistemology is about HOW we know what those htings are.