Hearing His Voice

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
rain
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Hearing His Voice

Post by rain »

My experience of hearing God's voice is similar to that which others have shared. I believe God can speak to us in different ways, e.g. scripture, Godly-counsel, direct revelations, circumstances, coincidences, etc. However, I do believe most reliable way to hear from God is Jesus' teachings, after all HE is the Word of God.

A concept that I think is important in hearing from God is being willing to hear what we don't want to hear. Our biases and prejudices can easily come in the way of hearing from God. I think that's where getting counsel from godly people can be a very helpful thing too, as when we open ourselves up to others about what we think God is saying to us, then we're in a good place to either get confirmation or to be challenged. The bible talks about every word being established in the mouth of two or three witnesses, and I think the same can be applied in receiving direction from God.

From my experience hearing from God isn't very hard, if we want to hear from him. I certainly have a long way to go in this still, but something I have found helpful to remember is to be open to God speaking to me in a way that I may not be considering or am less open to.

Anyway, there just some thoughts which may be helpful for consideration.