Part of the plan, being serious about God, and trusting 100%

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Part of the plan, being serious about God, and trusting 100%

Post by somebodyelse »

How do you guy and gals feel about these topics? :wave:

For being about serious about Christ I think there isn't a limit on how serious you can be. Didn't Isaiah preach naked for two years in the desert? Also I feel the many churches across the world could be more active/serious seeking people outside the church (building). Instead of spending so much resources into a building (not that's it's bad to own a building, but most of the time to much resources go into it and the church has always been the people. So it's weird when people say "Have you gone to church?") , and try to reach more people instead. People's souls & salvation are at stake. Jesus did say to go out and preach the gospel.

With part of the plan I think it's true God designed a big plan for us to have/be part of, but depending on our free will/choices is constantly redesigning it on the fly. So if someone keeps being disobedient throughout their life and after 90% of their life is over finally commit to Christ 100% and then some time later end up in Heaven God willing. That person messed out on a lot of treasures (what ever that actually is supposed to be) in heaven. Since Jesus even said store up treasures In heaven.

Trusting God 100% to me sometimes I worry about stuff, yet I need to remember to trust in God no matter what happens. I think Daniel 3:16-18 helps with this topic. With great faith many great things are possible with the power of God working through people and spending time with God either with private solo prayer time, listening to Christian related music, and other means of personal time with God to get better at understanding how He communicates with you.

Inspiration for this thread topic came from this video on youtube.
"Raise the bar. A little disjointed riffing."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuB0g_G9Kjk
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Part of the plan, being serious about God, and trusting 100%

Post by 1over137 »

I should be more serious about it.
Time ago I had an idea to buy couple of small Bibles and leave Bible in places I know homeless people go through.
I would also put there a small paper where I would talk to the potential reader.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

What does it mean to trust in God 100%?
Does it mean to do nothing because God will do it?
Does it mean to trust that God will present the solution to the problem?
Does it mean that we have trust God so that God opens our eyes to the solution?
Does it mean we have to be smart enough to see and understand that God is providing?
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

somebodyelse wrote:With part of the plan I think it's true God designed a big plan for us to have/be part of, but depending on our free will/choices is constantly redesigning it on the fly.
This is an excellent post and I agree with it except for this sentence. When God made his plan he already knew what choices we would make so these choices became part of the plan.
1over137 wrote:I should be more serious about it.
Time ago I had an idea to buy couple of small Bibles and leave Bible in places I know homeless people go through.
I would also put there a small paper where I would talk to the potential reader.
Did you see any results?
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I confess I have not bought anything yet
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart