What Google and Facebook are hiding.

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

What Google and Facebook are hiding.

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I don't know if you already know about this or not,but I just found out about it.

TED Talks : What Google and Facebook are hiding.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=p6vM4dhI9I8
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: What Google and Facebook are hiding.

Post by 1over137 »

I knew about search engine watching what you click and adapting. I have not thought about it really
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
FlawedIntellect
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by FlawedIntellect »

It's not really a secret these days that Google or Facebook use algorithms to sort information that you get. Thing is, though, algorithms are mathematical, and cannot perfectly account for what a person is interested in looking at.

This has been out in the open for quite some time now.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

FlawedIntellect wrote:It's not really a secret these days that Google or Facebook use algorithms to sort information that you get. Thing is, though, algorithms are mathematical, and cannot perfectly account for what a person is interested in looking at.

This has been out in the open for quite some time now.
Yeah but if a person is researching certain things and then later change their mind and are looking for new material they will be hindered.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.