Highway Robbery Radio

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Rob
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Highway Robbery Radio

Post by Rob »

Hey everyone!

I've been away for a while trying to find out what God's purpose is for me. I don't know that I've found it yet, but I've tried to start up some ministry projects in an attempt to do His will. Thanks to all of you who prayed for me a while back when I requested it here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 23&t=38828

As I said, I've been trying to find out what God can use me for. I don't know how He intends to use me, but I figured it doesn't excuse me from the great commission and at least trying to do what I can for Him.
I really love podcasts and know how to edit audio stuff from my time in bands over the years, so I figured I'd start a Christian podcast of my own. My wife came up with the name of Highway Robbery Radio as a gag on my name. A few years ago I fell down the rabbit hole of paranormal research and started getting into some really unhealthy things with all the books I was reading. I became obsessed with UFO research for one thing, and that led to other things. I must say that I never once during this time lost my faith in Christ, but it got to the point where I was just really obsessively researching paranormal topics and wasn't really praying or reading the Bible or anything at the same time. It led to a lot of scary experiences for me, so I decided to start a show about all the weird crap in the world from a Christian's perspective.

I try to be as biblical as I can on the show, but I'm certain my theology isn't perfect and I will probably mess up now and again. Apologies in advance for that. But it is my desire to speak the truth, so if you take issue with anything that I say, please let me know and if I find that I am indeed in error, I will absolutely correct myself in the next show. No ego here.

So far there's only two episodes, but if you like this sort of thing and want my perspective on a lot of it, then I invite you to listen. My site is http://highwayrobberyradio.com/. You can stream or download the episode mp3 there. You can also find the podcast on iTunes by searching for "Highway Robbery Radio".

I have virtually no audience now other than a few friends and family, but if you enjoy the show, feel free to share it with whomever you like.
As a warning, we're probably going to get into some really weird stuff. I don't know where this is going, but it's gonna be a heck of a ride!

Thanks to all of you for all you've done on these boards over the years. I know I don't post that often, but I used to lurk A LOT and read everything. I feel like I know most of you even though you may not know me.
It's good to be back and I plan to stick around.

God bless you!

Rob
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Highway Robbery Radio

Post by RickD »

Welcome back Rob. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Highway Robbery Radio

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome back. (And I do not only mean back to this forum :) )
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart