Does God love some more than others?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Does God love some more than others?

Post by Lonewolf »

RickD wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
RickD wrote:It's Klown with a K, thank you very much.

I had forgotten that you live in Dixie and spell everything with a K :twisted:
y#-o

For reference:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_K ... uter_Space

KKK = Kristian Killer-diller Klown :shijacked:
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Does God love any of you, more than He loves outlaw?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

What about those except Noah's family before the flood?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Lonewolf wrote:Does God love any of you, more than He loves outlaw?
Love rebukes and chastens so, no, God loves all equally but please note this:

Psalms 11:5-7, The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, And the one who loves violence His soul hates. 6 Upon the wicked He will rain snares; Fire and brimstone and burning wind will be the portion of their cup. 7 For the LORD is righteous, He loves righteousness; The upright will behold His face. NASB

and...

Rom 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. NKJV

At one time we were all enemies of God, so God sent a test to see who will accept him and who will remain his enemy, Eph 2:3, Col 3:6

The test...

John 3:16 1 Th 1:10

God's love is not pansy or wimpy nor does it tip toe through the tulips singing Kumbaya... Let me give an example of God's love on myself...

I thank the Lord for all the actual Christians with the moxie to insult me, speak tuff with me, for those are the ones God used to lead me to him in God's time. Love chastens and rebukes in order to snap a person to sanity and actually consider where one is heading without Jesus Christ. So we warn those who mock Christ great love shown on the cross knowing the power of the Holy Spirit to convict of sin, of judgement, and righteousness knowing full well how he deals with the toughest bird dog out there. I never forget how one petite christian gal spoke harsh to me way back in my atheist days, telling me where I was heading in such manner I could not counter. Her efforts at witnessing would not pass for the soft slush that is used today in the modern one size fits all evangelism methodology today.

So let's all of us please note that the Apostle Paul, after condemning the unsaved in Romans chapter one, goes into Chapter 2 with same context in mind and then says this...

Rom 2:4-6, Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS NASB

In context form chapter one right through chapter two the goodness/kindness of God that leads to repentance is this - God does not smite all humanity in one fell swoop to face his wrath but instead sent Jesus to save some from that wrath and the reason for God's wrath is mentioned in chapter one.

Yes, there are times to be kind and nice in witnessing to others but to those that show no respect, and have an agenda, as I once did, a nice kind approach will not work. Such approach is too easily to dismiss and manipulate to one's personal advantage. When one comes at you like I once did, swinging snarky words, a nice approach will not work. That Christian gal later died in a car crash. I was never able to apologize for my harsh tone in response to her witnessing efforts. God used that to begin to crack my facade and later did so by a direct encounter with him.

Another example is found in Acts 2 and 3 and notice how harsh were Peter's words and the effect on the crowd the Holy Spirit wrought.

Our modern nice - tolerant - never condemn evangelism does not result in changed lives in mass that the Holy Spirit brings about. Yet, there are times to be kind and nice but it is with this caveat mentioned in Romans 12:20, 21. By that approach Christians died in the arena blessing their enemies by sickening them with the pointless slaughter. By being kind, an unsaved spouse was made to feel guilty and become saved after they awaken to the abuse they heaped upon their other half in marriage and these are just two examples of such goodness in action - there are more too numerous to recount here.

However, seeing the marks of Jesus hands, and bones pulled apart in his wrist for a ungrateful god hating person I was melted this old heart of stone . It was that harsh goodness shown me that gave me a new heart. I had to see how I drove the nails in, how I placed him on trial (same I did to Christians), how I lied, betrayed, justified my actions, etc had to be driven home as Eccl 12:11 mentions. It was not kind to see yourself as you really are but it was God's love that said, I forgive you, return to me and my ways, and learn of me. I never deserved such compassion for I did everything in my life to slay compassion. In order to do this, the Lord was harsh to me and in doing so, saved my life.

It is that in which we here dialogue with outlaw who comes out swinging and may the Lord wake him up before it is too late and in this is a great love shown him for we know Our God is more than able to save such lost all in due time or send them on their way, weeping over the stupidity of profane arrogance...

Psalms 18:26-27 With the pure You show Yourself pure, And with the crooked You show Yourself astute. 27 For You save an afflicted people, But haughty eyes You abase. NASB
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Lonewolf wrote:Does God love any of you, more than He loves outlaw?
No. God loves outlaw so much that He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to be crucified for Outlaw. God loves us because of who He is. Not because of who we are. All Outlaw has to do is repent(change his mind about who Jesus Christ is, and what He has done), and trust Christ for salvation. It's the simple gospel.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Lonewolf wrote:I know the Father God loves us all, but does He love some more than others?

Ex; Abraham, Joseph, King David, Lazarus, the Beloved Disciple?
He loves us all the same BUT I am sure that he may hold some with more affection than others.

Christ had a special place in His heart for Lazarus ( as He did for Peter as well, and for Paul and for John, etc...), maybe because of all that Lazarus went through or all that Jesus KNEW that He would be going through.
Either way, it is not as if He loved anyone MORE than anyone else, simply that He loves Us all differently in the same way ( pr perhaps loves us all the same in different ways).
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

RickD wrote:Here's the answer to your Jacob and Esau question:http://www.gotquestions.org/Jacob-Esau-love-hate.html

As far as John being the beloved disciple, he called himself that, didn't he?
Isn't there something about John and Daniel being known in the Bible as "beloved" or something? Their common ground being shown future events from Revelation?
I know I've heard this somewhere and always liked it.