Embracing vulnerability

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Embracing vulnerability

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

I wish I had more to say Mel, but the only think I can say is that its nice to hear that other people have the exact same problem. I came to this forum originally because I was having issues and I didn't want to talk to people in RL about them. Of course I don't have any excuses or a bad home life to blame or anything. Just an issue I've developed. I think almost everyone has the same issue to some point.

As for the other conversation, in real life I am actually way more rude and have a very absurd, dark sense of humor. On here I'm pretty polite and considerate and I think withdrawn.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

A big Thankyou to everyone for your feedback, I wasn't completely comfortable putting myself out there and your responses have helped my realise again that even though something maybe be difficult it's worth it y@};-

FL for the most part my post was about myself, when I said I had been saddened by the recent issues on here I was meaning it in a broad sense, a feeling I got and it resonated with me because of my own issues I had been dealing with. I had no-one in particular in mind when I wrote it. It was for myself and anyone who may want to listen. I don't think your a bully or a bad bloke, you write things sometimes that I don't agree with but many people say things I don't agree with, I do not let that base my opinion on them. We are a big melting pot of personalities and opinions. I think from what you can tell from getting a glimpse on someone on a forum that we actually have some personality similarities and that we would in RL get along quite well. I'm sorry if you took it personal, that was never my intention y>:D<
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

FL wrote:I have met virtual correspondents in the flesh and I can tell you that in each case, the person I met was very different from the person I had imagined. My point is: These Forums are not a way to get to know someone well. In all probability, what you think you ''know'' about someone is wrong.
I have also other experience. My correspondence friend to be the way he seemed from correspondence.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart