So Christians are unintelligent??

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

So Christians are unintelligent??

Post by Tina »

http://craighartonline.com/2012/01/03/w ... s-believe/

Check out this post on this website <.<..............wow, why am I always drawn to these sites..
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: So Christians are unintelligent??

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

The site you linked to asks a loaded question, Why do intelligent Christians believe crazy things? It is just more atheist foolishness and doesn't deserve an answer.

Why do you think you are drawn to such sites?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Callisto
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Callisto »

...Should I even bother to click... Hm....

No. y=;

I think the real sentence should read, "Why do human beings believe crazy things?". Extends to atheists. Funny how they think they themselves are God and the rest of us are just stupid and can't possibly comprehend their amazing qualities. :pound:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,

“ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.”

20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no man may boast before God. 30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “ Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I am crazy, lol.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

1over137 wrote:I am crazy, lol.
Everyone is strange except me and even he is a little strange.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Callisto wrote:Funny how they think they themselves are God and the rest of us are just stupid and can't possibly comprehend their amazing qualities. :pound:
Their behavior probably stems from a need to be recognized as an intellectual, above the "masses" (because of a lack of real intellectual achievements, maybe?). Note that in the second reply to the article, the author says that most of his family are "still in fundie prison". So, he wants to be somehow above them intellectually - wiser, smarter, more "progressive", "skeptical" etc. I put 'skeptical' under quotation marks because equating Christianity with YEC is not a sign of skepticism, but rather willful ignorance. :shakehead:

By the way, Callisto, congrats on your post #100. y)>-
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Dudeacus97
Established Member

Post by Dudeacus97 »

RickD wrote:1 Corinthians 1:18-31 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,

“ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.”

20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no man may boast before God. 30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “ Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
It's creepy how much some stuff in the bible equates to modern life. After all, what should we expect from the word of god?

I also didn't bother clicking on the link. If I wanted to read that cr@p, I could just go on youtube.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Callisto
Established Member

Post by Callisto »

Reactionary wrote:
Callisto wrote:Funny how they think they themselves are God and the rest of us are just stupid and can't possibly comprehend their amazing qualities. :pound:
Their behavior probably stems from a need to be recognized as an intellectual, above the "masses" (because of a lack of real intellectual achievements, maybe?). Note that in the second reply to the article, the author says that most of his family are "still in fundie prison". So, he wants to be somehow above them intellectually - wiser, smarter, more "progressive", "skeptical" etc. I put 'skeptical' under quotation marks because equating Christianity with YEC is not a sign of skepticism, but rather willful ignorance. :shakehead:

By the way, Callisto, congrats on your post #100. y)>-
Thank you. Yes, it seems to be a recurring theme with these so-called "intellectuals". And then, some just don't care, so there's apathy to contend with.
Dudeacus97 wrote: It's creepy how much some stuff in the bible equates to modern life. After all, what should we expect from the word of god?

I also didn't bother clicking on the link. If I wanted to read that cr@p, I could just go on youtube.
Creepy, or intended? :P Also true about Youtube; never has there been a greater cesspool of willful ignorance and hatred all gathered in one place. Except for maybe Facebook. And even then I think FB isn't as bad as YT - since people can hide easier behind abstract usernames with no connections to their actual lives. They are the Internet Atheist Warriors who wouldn't dare say the things they say to any Christian's face (some would, but few).
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

all in all you see a lot of christian bashing online and as time goes on it just gets worse.
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Crazy Belief: The Bible is the inerrant, inspired word of God.

Why This Is Crazy: To accept the Bible as true and from God, you must believe in magic and ignore endless contradictions, inaccuracies, not to mention accept the authority of suspiciously anonymous writings. You must believe that praying can alter the laws of physics, that God approves of genocide, and that the majority of people, no matter how upstanding they may be, are going to burn forever in a place called hell.

Can someone explain to me how God approves of genocide? I don't know of any place that it states in the Bible that God approves of genocide.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Really, to say God approves of genocide is like saying a homeowner approves of murder because he found it necessary to shoot the armed burglar in his house.
Beanybag
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Beanybag »

Stygian wrote:Really, to say God approves of genocide is like saying a homeowner approves of murder because he found it necessary to shoot the armed burglar in his house.
I'm not exactly sure how that's analogous..
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Beanybag wrote: I'm not exactly sure how that's analogous..
Well, I figured Dallas was talking about God's orders to execute whole cities of people (or, so I thought). These actions were taken because those people proved to be threats to God's chosen people, both in a spiritual sense and a well-being sense. That is to say, they hated God's people, and the Canannites (a famously cited 'genocide' in the Bible) even partook in child sacrifices, incest, and bestiality, among other things.

It's a rather lackluster analogy, I'll admit. However, it illustrated the point of 'self-defense' I wanted to create. Therefore, God does not approve of genocide, much like a man who kills a man in self defense does not necessarily condone murder.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Well, I must admit God is pretty selective about the times he chooses to commit mass murders. Sure, annihilate Sodom and Gomorrah because no perfect people live there, but a Holocaust against his chosen race? Well, we'll let that one slide for now...