Response to Atheist Rally

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Response to Atheist Rally

Post by August »

As many of you may have heard, some prominent atheists are organizing a rally in Washington DC as a "coming out" event. Dawkins, among others, will be appearing.

If you are a Christian blogger, please try and be part of the effort to use the event as an apologetics opportunity. Here is the message from STR on a coordinated response:
From Frank Turek-
Call to Action: We (a number of apologetics organizations) would like to ask Christian apologists to participate in a unified blogging and media effort on Monday February 20th in response to the upcoming Reason Rally (www.ReasonRally.com) that is being billed as the “Largest Gathering of the Secular Movement in World History.” The Christian apologetics community is coordinating a book (to be published in early March) and an on site presence at the rally to gracefully contend that secularism is NOT a vessel of reason and that Christianity IS. www.TrueReason.org has been set up to organize the efforts. On Monday everyone please publish a blog article about this topic. If you are not a blogger, post something to Facebook, Twitter, or any other online forum you participate in.

- The article or post can be about anything related to the atheist rally in Washington DC, the contention that atheism has a corner on the “reason market”, the Christian response, or other issues related to the secular movement.

- Please mention four things (however briefly): 1) the Reason Rally and the website www.ReasonRally.com, 2) that there will be a coordinated Christian presence at the rally, 3) www.TrueReason.org is the go to site for the Christian response, and 4) mention a book is soon to be published in direct response to the Rally.

- We really hope you can participate. BLOG AWAY!
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
domokunrox
Valued Member

Re: Response to Atheist Rally

Post by domokunrox »

I don't blog, but I will be happy to put stuff up on facebook. Thanks for letting us know, August.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Slightly OT but... Dawkins has lost a lot of credibility recently for his cowardice, both within the creationist and atheist communities. Having him as one of your flag-bearer's is not the boon it once was.

The atheist message is one that is stagnating. It has remained fairly constant over the past 20 years with the same ol tired arguments repeated over and over. Problem is that technology and our scientific understanding has been on the increase at a rapid pace.

Cosmology, physics, and now biology continue to reveal layer upon layer of integrated complexity; this with nothing but pure chance as the facilitator. How much more "spin" can the atheistic view accommodate before the general public truly grasp what the "experts" are attempting to sell.
I mean Stephen Hawkings and co. have been reduced to redefining "nothing" as "electromagnetic radiation" (or the quantum vacuum). The case for a designed universe is stronger than it has ever been throughout history. In fact it IS the logical conclusion given what we now know of the universe.

Occasionally the message is recycled with an alternate veneer to accommodate new data, but this is becoming increasingly hard to justify; alternatively findings are just ignored and they carry on their merry way, hoping the general public won't become fully aware of the true nature of our understanding of reality.

The atheistic worldview today is one more about a denial of the supernatural, rather than the evidence for a random chance universe.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Stu wrote:The atheistic worldview today is one more about a denial of the supernatural, rather than the evidence for a random chance universe.
Exactly that... These days it's easier than ever to see through the atheistic propaganda. It's becoming so obvious that the proponents of "reason" (funny how a chance universe could produce something like that) are not promoting skepticism or "unbelief", but are rather advocating their worldview, which involves faith just as our does. A lot more faith, if I may add.

I agree, however, that it's of great importance to educate the people, because as Chesterton said, 'without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously'. People need to know that a scientist is not a messiah of the 21st century, but rather a human being just as any of us. And human beings tend to be biased, and may resort to denial when facts don't suit their wishes. Therefore, I wish luck to everyone who will participate in refuting recycled arguments (or, should I call them "vestigial" :ewink: ) from "nonbelievers".
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
narnia4

Post by narnia4 »

That whole "reason" catchphrase is so disgusting. Apparently the sheep-like followers of Dawkins and his crowd don't realize that, given atheism, they can't "reason"... that many atheistic leaders believe that there's no such thing as consciousness or free will and so obviously there's no such thing as reason. Theism/atheism/agnosticism/deism, none of it is rational or irrational because there's no such thing as rational though.

And if atheists were as rational as they claim, they would realize the absurdity of claiming the "high intellectual ground" when they should be accepting that distribution of genes in a certain way is the only thing that made them believe what they think they believe anyway. But I guess that's too much to ask.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Reactionary wrote:Exactly that... These days it's easier than ever to see through the atheistic propaganda. It's becoming so obvious that the proponents of "reason" (funny how a chance universe could produce something like that) are not promoting skepticism or "unbelief", but are rather advocating their worldview, which involves faith just as our does. A lot more faith, if I may add.

I agree, however, that it's of great importance to educate the people, because as Chesterton said, 'without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously'. People need to know that a scientist is not a messiah of the 21st century, but rather a human being just as any of us. And human beings tend to be biased, and may resort to denial when facts don't suit their wishes. Therefore, I wish luck to everyone who will participate in refuting recycled arguments (or, should I call them "vestigial" :ewink: ) from "nonbelievers".
Agree 100%. People really need to know just what the facts are; however the so-called "skeptics" don't provide the public with the full picture, rather they simply peddle their ideology within the boundaries of atheism.

It's important to inform the average Joe about just what we do know, so they can make up their own mind rather than be "preached" to by the atheist high priests like Dawkins -- just as we're taught in Christianity that it is important to question and not simply follow our leaders blindly.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Dawkins has pretty much been a joke all along with his kindergarten philosophy and bluster. The more serious atheist philosophers cringe every time he opens his mouth. The only sad thing is that so many actually think his arguments are new, interesting or valuable.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

narnia4 wrote:That whole "reason" catchphrase is so disgusting. Apparently the sheep-like followers of Dawkins and his crowd don't realize that, given atheism, they can't "reason"... that many atheistic leaders believe that there's no such thing as consciousness or free will and so obviously there's no such thing as reason. Theism/atheism/agnosticism/deism, none of it is rational or irrational because there's no such thing as rational though.

And if atheists were as rational as they claim, they would realize the absurdity of claiming the "high intellectual ground" when they should be accepting that distribution of genes in a certain way is the only thing that made them believe what they think they believe anyway. But I guess that's too much to ask.
Good call. :clap:
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I have a company event so I won't be available to go to watch. I'm not sure how disappointed I am .... ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

Theres's an athiest rally?? oh no..
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

tunde1992 wrote:Theres's an athiest rally?? oh no..
Was.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

oh thank God..
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

narnia4 wrote:That whole "reason" catchphrase is so disgusting. Apparently the sheep-like followers of Dawkins and his crowd don't realize that, given atheism, they can't "reason"... that many atheistic leaders believe that there's no such thing as consciousness or free will and so obviously there's no such thing as reason. Theism/atheism/agnosticism/deism, none of it is rational or irrational because there's no such thing as rational though.

Indeed, Narnia. It's becoming a cliche and of all the words to remove meaning from, "reason" should not be one of them. But there they go. They can't help themselves, though, remember? They're simply pre-programmed biological machines with immaterial coding that dictates their instincts, desires, moves, thoughts, yet somehow the very same processes in them are in us, too. I guess our DNA predisposes us to being Christian sheep or Atheist sheep. Both sheep, different strands I guess? Wow. Who knew those immaterial codes would care about such things. Oh wait....they don't. Cause it's all a load of crap :)

The entire "I use reason and logic and am intellectually and morally superior to you" whenever they're met with something undesirable in content is of itself a red-herring. Great use of that superior logic :roll:
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:

Indeed, Narnia. It's becoming a cliche and of all the words to remove meaning from, "reason" should not be one of them. But there they go. They can't help themselves, though, remember? They're simply pre-programmed biological machines with immaterial coding that dictates their instincts, desires, moves, thoughts, yet somehow the very same processes in them are in us, too. I guess our DNA predisposes us to being Christian sheep or Atheist sheep. Both sheep, different strands I guess? Wow. Who knew those immaterial codes would care about such things. Oh wait....they don't. Cause it's all a load of crap :)

The entire "I use reason and logic and am intellectually and morally superior to you" whenever they're met with something undesirable in content is of itself a red-herring. Great use of that superior logic :roll:
http://atheism-analyzed.blogspot.com/ This guy critisizes atheists that use this as a slogan.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Wow. Thanks for linking that blog. I will definitely be reading through this.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".