T-shirts

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: T-shirts

Post by FFC »

zoegirl wrote:Good idea, It does seem redundant.
Maybe the web address could be on the back. y:-?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

Byblos wrote:
Rich wrote:Too many words or too many images? What would you suggest as an alternative? Thanks.
I would take out the words God And Science in the middle and just emphasize them more in the website name below(they are kind of redundant as they appear now), center the logo a little more, and maybe add the word 'said' after 'God' on top, so that, reading all the words, it would appear God is saying GodAndScience.Org.

In the beginning God said ...

logo

GodandScience.Org

What does everyone think?

OR, another idea could be.......

Have a shirt that has the logo on the upper left breast, with the God And Science.org HUGE on the Back?

Just tossing that out for the mix...
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

I like it. Good graphics with a strong contrasting background.

I'll buy some. :)
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Rich
Honored Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Rich »

I ordered one from Cafe Press. It looked good, but the cost was too high. I have begun to look for a cheaper printer and hopefully one that allows printing on both sides.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

I like the both sides idea-most people who respond to my Christian tees are standing behind in check-out lines, at work or play, etc. and then at the initial conversation they're looking at the front for more message.

Living in the Bible belt I've met many fellow Christians-that I normally would not have- just because of the Christian tees I have but here is the bonus; Sometimes seculars get curious and ask me what the particular message means. Can any of you see the greater potential of having the words GOD and Science in the same message? It was probably eye candy for most of us here!
Rich
Honored Member

Post by Rich »

I have a very old T-shirt that Reasons To Believe used to produce that has huge writing on the front and back. It gets some conversation. However, the ones with the small logo and text over the pocket get no response at all. So, I sort of favor the "in your face" approach.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Rich wrote:So, I sort of favor the "in your face" approach.
That's one of the things I like about you. ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Rich
Honored Member

Post by Rich »

I have redone the T-shirt design, including designs on front and back. Take a look at http://www.godandscience.org/t-shirts.html. If you click on the shirt, you can get a closer look at the design. So take a look and let me know what you think or would like to see. I have a local supplier and it looks like the cost is going to be significantly less than the previous shirts.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member

Post by Cross.eyed »

Rich wrote:I have redone the T-shirt design, including designs on front and back. Take a look at http://www.godandscience.org/t-shirts.html. If you click on the shirt, you can get a closer look at the design. So take a look and let me know what you think or would like to see. I have a local supplier and it looks like the cost is going to be significantly less than the previous shirts.
Looks good to me and it also seems you put some of the in your face stuff on it (bright contrasts).

Thanks Rich
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

It seems pretty neat to me. :)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Rich wrote:I have redone the T-shirt design, including designs on front and back. Take a look at http://www.godandscience.org/t-shirts.html. If you click on the shirt, you can get a closer look at the design. So take a look and let me know what you think or would like to see. I have a local supplier and it looks like the cost is going to be significantly less than the previous shirts.
It looks pretty good Rich.. I would probably have a few less questions on it.. Sometimes that distracts people too much. AlsoI never get the question who created God, but more, who created us... Or random chance? Fat chance! :lol:

Thanks
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I kind of like the God and science in large print front and center. It will make the website stick in a peoples minds if that is the first thing their eyes go to.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

Well, what if it was the image and the phrase: "In the beginning God..." on the front of the shirt, and then the website URL on the back? I think that wouldn't look busy, and the whole message would still be there.
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

I know this is FAR too late, but you should put a bible verse on it to show it's Christian. Many people might think it's an atheistic one, especially because the questions on the back sound a lot like atheistic objections.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Rich wrote:There was a suggestion that some users might want a God and Science T-shirt. I have worked on one design so far, and would like some feedback about what people might be looking for. Designs on dark colors probably look best for many things, although the shirts are somewhat higher cost ($19 compared to $14). The first idea is at http://www.godandscience.org/t-shirts.html. If you click on the shirt, you can get a closer look at the design. So take a look and let me know what you think or would like to see. It is possible to put a design on the pocket (obviously smaller). So send in your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rich
Hey, I want to buy the T-shirt now. It's perfect as it is. Or more than one. Can I send you sizes?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart