More Dead Sea Scroll Fragments Found

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 663 times

More Dead Sea Scroll Fragments Found

Post by Philip » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:13 am

Awesome discoveries: https://www.usnews.com/news/news/articl ... ea-scrolls

What would be really cool - but I doubt exists - would be an unknown writing by the one of the main Apostles - and not just some supposed / debunked "Lost Book" that conservative scholars all know is meaningless and fake. And if such a thing existed, it would have to be in a cave somewhere.
These users liked this post by Philip:
Fliegender (Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:56 am)

Challenger007
Familiar Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: More Dead Sea Scroll Fragments Found

Post by Challenger007 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:30 pm

Are you sure this is not a fake find? Nowadays, you can fake anything in order to manipulate the consciousness of people. I would be glad if the authenticity of the find was confirmed. I think all believers are waiting for this.

Fliegender
Valued Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: More Dead Sea Scroll Fragments Found

Post by Fliegender » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:52 am

Challenger007 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:30 pm
Are you sure this is not a fake find? Nowadays, you can fake anything in order to manipulate the consciousness of people. I would be glad if the authenticity of the find was confirmed. I think all believers are waiting for this.
The find is real, the fragments found are real. There’s nothing remarkable about the fragments other than their age and historical importance.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stewart Mill