The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 am
Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 pm
DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am Let me make it very simple for you and point out some specific differences in our two videos.

In my video, the boat is travelling on water away from the camera.
The camera stays zoomed in on boat the whole time (no zooming in and zooming out)
As the boat approaches the horizon, the bottom of the boat gradually disappears while the top of the boat is clearly visible. And the camera stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time.

In your video, the bottle never moves.
In your video, the bottle never approaches the horizon,
In your video the camera does not stay zoomed in on the bottle the whole time (instead it zooms in and out)

So there is nothing at all similar between your bottle video and my boat video.
The only thing that has been debunked is your false assertion that any of your videos are the "exact same thing" as my video of the boat going over the horizon.

I guess another possibility is you just don't understand what "exact same thing" really means.
Wow, ok, the reason your boat goes over the "horizon" is because the camera is FULLY ZOOMED in, it cannot zoom in any further. Hence ANGULAR RESOLUTION.
Wow right back at you...
You really have no clue what you are talking about do you?
Do you even know what "angular resolution" is?
Angular resolution describes the ability of any image-forming device such as an optical or radio telescope, a microscope, a camera, or an eye, to distinguish small details of an object, thereby making it a major determinant of image resolution.
Angular resolution involves the ability of an image forming device to enhance image resolution (ie focus or zoom in) on an object.

So let's try again.
The reason angular resolution has nothing to do with the boat video is...
The... camera... stays... zoomed... in... on... the... boat... the... whole... time...

No zooming in and out... the boat is visible the whole time...
Until the bottom of the boat disappears as the boat goes over the horizon and the camera loses line of site with the bottom of the boat.

This is the reason why NONE of your videos are the "exact same thing" as the video of the boat going over the horizon.
Your videos all zoom in and zoom out and the "resolution" of the image changes dramatically as the camera zooms in and zooms out.

In the video of the boat going over the horizon The camera stays zoomed in on the boat and the boat is clearly visible the whole time.
Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.

You continue to fail to take the DISTANCE at which the boats are. You just hammer on about the boat being zoomed in on. It doesn't matter if the boat is followed over the curve or is zoomed in on, if there is a horizon over which the boats go you shouldn't be able to zoom in on them.

People have done what you say with a camera, follow it zoomed in over the supposed horizon until the bottom is missing. Then they put the camera down and use a more powerful telescope. Guess what. The full boat comes into view. Hence it is not the horizon that the boat went over.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 am
DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am Let me make it very simple for you and point out some specific differences in our two videos.

The camera stays zoomed in on boat the whole time (no zooming in and zooming out)
As the boat approaches the horizon, the bottom of the boat gradually disappears while the top of the boat is clearly visible. And the camera stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time.

In your video the camera does not stay zoomed in on the bottle the whole time (instead it zooms in and out)

The only thing that has been debunked is your false assertion that any of your videos are the "exact same thing" as my video of the boat going over the horizon.

I guess another possibility is you just don't understand what "exact same thing" really means.
Wow, ok, the reason your boat goes over the "horizon" is because the camera is FULLY ZOOMED in, it cannot zoom in any further. Hence ANGULAR RESOLUTION.
Wow right back at you...
Angular resolution describes the ability of any image-forming device such as an optical or radio telescope, a microscope, a camera, or an eye, to distinguish small details of an object, thereby making it a major determinant of image resolution.
Angular resolution involves the ability of an image forming device to enhance image resolution (ie focus or zoom in) on an object.

So let's try again.
The... camera... stays... zoomed... in... on... the... boat... the... whole... time...

Until the bottom of the boat disappears as the boat goes over the horizon and the camera loses line of site with the bottom of the boat.

This is the reason why NONE of your videos are the "exact same thing" as the video of the boat going over the horizon.
Your videos all zoom in and zoom out and the "resolution" of the image changes dramatically as the camera zooms in and zooms out.

In the video of the boat going over the horizon The camera stays zoomed in on the boat and the boat is clearly visible the whole time.
Do you understand the difference between resolution and line of site?
You continue to fail to take the DISTANCE at which the boats are. You just hammer on about the boat being zoomed in on. It doesn't matter if the boat is followed over the curve or is zoomed in on, if there is a horizon over which the boats go you shouldn't be able to zoom in on them.
When a camera is zoomed in on a boat as it goes over the horizon, and line of site to the bottom of the boat is obstructed due to the curvature of the earth then no amount of zooming will cause the bottom of the boat to appear as long as line of site to the bottom of the boat is obstructed
People have done what you say with a camera, follow it zoomed in over the supposed horizon until the bottom is missing. Then they put the camera down and use a more powerful telescope. Guess what. The full boat comes into view. Hence it is not the horizon that the boat went over.
You have yet to produce a video that stays zoomed in on a boat as it travels over the horizon and shows the bottom of the boat disappearing while the camera is still zoomed in on the boat.
All your videos ever show is zooming in and zooming out. The resolution gets better when you zoom in and the resolution gets worse when you zoom out.
Which has nothing at all to do with my video where the camera stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time and line of site to the bottom of the boat is lost as the boat goes over the horizon.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:47 am
Stu wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 am

Wow right back at you...

So let's try again.

Do you understand the difference between resolution and line of site?
When a camera is zoomed in on a boat as it goes over the horizon, and line of site to the bottom of the boat is obstructed due to the curvature of the earth then no amount of zooming will cause the bottom of the boat to appear as long as line of site to the bottom of the boat is obstructed
You have yet to produce a video that stays zoomed in on a boat as it travels over the horizon and shows the bottom of the boat disappearing while the camera is still zoomed in on the boat.
All your videos ever show is zooming in and zooming out. The resolution gets better when you zoom in and the resolution gets worse when you zoom out.
Which has nothing at all to do with my video where the camera stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time and line of site to the bottom of the boat is lost as the boat goes over the horizon.
Let me ask you a quick question.

How far does a boat have to go out, if you're standing on the beach, before it starts going over the horizon, and seemingly the bottom starts disappearing from your view? 5 miles?

Bill Nye reckons when you are standing on the beach and the boat starts to disappear that that is the curve of the earth, no camera needed.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:58 am Let me ask you a quick question.

How far does a boat have to go out, if you're standing on the beach, before it starts going over the horizon, and seemingly the bottom starts disappearing from your view? 5 miles?
For an observation point 6 feet above sea level the true distance to the horizon is about 3 miles.
At this point the observer will start to lose line of site to the very bottom of the boat.
The observer will gradually lose line of site to more and more of the boat as the boat continues to travel over the horizon.

The video explains the math behind the boat travelling over the horizon at the 4:26 mark.
(I've cued it up here)
https://youtu.be/70nZ4n_l9ao?t=265

The Curvature Calculator referred to in the video can be found here
https://www.metabunk.org/curve/
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

Having any luck with my questions from post #243?

The way I figured, is that you have 3 possible choices:

1) just outright deny that places exist in Antarctica, even though there’s loads of evidence that these stations exist.

2) admit that using your flat earth map, the scenario I laid out is impossible, and look for another map that works. FYI, there’s no flat earth map that could work.

3) realize that in any flat earth scenario, it there cannot possibly be 24 hours of daylight in both places simultaneously, while having 24 hours of no daylight in parts of Alaska, thereby realizing that flat earth is a lie.

Let me know if you need help working through this.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:15 am Stu,

1) just outright deny that places exist in Antarctica, even though there’s loads of evidence that these stations exist.

2) admit that using your flat earth map, the scenario I laid out is impossible, and look for another map that works. FYI, there’s no flat earth map that could work.

3) realize that in any flat earth scenario, it there cannot possibly be 24 hours of daylight in both places simultaneously, while having 24 hours of no daylight in parts of Alaska, thereby realizing that flat earth is a lie.

Yes I have watched the video, just need to put something together.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 am

Yes I have watched the video, just need to put something together.
What video?

There’s no video.

I took a screenshot of the flat earth map in the video you posted. But I didn’t post any video.
It’s post #243.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Here's a good LANDSAT image of Antarctica

And here's a nice map of Antarctica that shows the relative locations of Palmer Station, McMurdo Station, and the Amundsen-Scott Station at the South Pole (As well as a whole bunch of other stations from a number of different countries.)
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Borge Ousland Crosses Antarctica

Post by DBowling »

Here is a short video about Borge Ousland's historic trek across Antarctica.
https://www.facebook.com/bbcworldservic ... 776984132/

Here is the path he took.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

I mean, who can trust someone with a name like Borg Ousland?

We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. resistance is futile.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:21 pm I mean, who can trust someone with a name like Borg Ousland?

We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. resistance is futile.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Thanks for the context. I thought Fliegender was off his meds again.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm Thanks for the context. I thought Fliegender was off his meds again.
The nice doctor said that if I take my meds very religiously then the judge will allow me to live with the general population.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

I noticed that you haven’t addressed my post #243 yet. If you have any questions with what I presented, please ask.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 am Stu,

I noticed that you haven’t addressed my post #243 yet. If you have any questions with what I presented, please ask.
Sorry just busy with other things at the moment and am a little flat earthed out.

Will address you and DB's point though.