The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:29 pm
RickD wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:45 pm
Fliegender wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 pm I’m still wondering is Mars is a flat plate or a sphere...

y:-?
It’s a sphere, but apparently it’s not a planet because the Bible doesn’t mention planets.
Ah...okay. Do you think the Nephilim came from Mars?
The Nephilim came from someone’s overactive imagination.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Just listen to a few of these facts.
Land surveyors, railway line builders, long bridge builders and the like never take curvature into account when designing. The Suez Canal is flat from one end to the other. Pilots never have to adjust down for the curvature of earth to prevent then from flying off into space, they just go straight. The list goes on.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,
I’d like you to ponder this...using your example of a flat earth map(shown below), we have 2 different Antarctic bases shown by black circles on the map. Palmer Station is located in the approximate area of the black circle at the bottom, and is 992km south of Cape Horn. Mcmurdo Station is located in the approximate area of the black circle at the top of the map, and is 3920km south of Christchurch New Zealand. Those distances are both facts.
So, given that info, I need some answers.
1) how can Palmer Station be located directly south of Cape Horn, and Mcmurdo Station be directly south of Christchurch, and the two bases are located on almost completely opposite sides of the map? In other words, how can South be two almost opposite directions?
2) on the summer solstice, December 21, both Palmer Station, and Mcmurdo Station have 24 hours of daylight. Given your flat earth map, and the way that the sun circles around, how can there be 24 hours of daylight in two places on almost opposite sides of the map, at the same time, while the Arctic Circle in Alaska has 24 hours of darkness? Notice that if you draw a straight line from Mcmurdo station to Palmer Station, the Arctic Circle in Alaska is located almost directly within that line. For reference, the sun on your map is at the top. So again, with the sun being at the top of the map, how can sunlight get to the bottom of the map, and the top of the map, simultaneously for 24 hours, while sunlight doesn’t reach the arctic circle, and still have the sun rotate around the flat earth map?

Stu,

It’s obvious that you cannot explain this, because of the absurdity of it actually happening. But hopefully, you will actually think about this and finally throw away your flat earth insanity.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Here's a cool time lapse video of a day in December in Antarctica, when the sun doesn’t set. From late October to late February, the sun stays above the horizon.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:22 am ...Pilots never have to adjust down for the curvature of earth to prevent then from flying off into space, they just go straight...
You make a good point. I have been a pilot for almost 40 years and I’ve never had to “adjust down” for the supposed curvature of the earth. I’m sure the Smarty Pants Twins (RickD and Mr Bowling) will come up with a fancy-sounding excuse as to why this is so. There’s no fooling you.

✈️
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:19 pm
Stu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:22 am ...Pilots never have to adjust down for the curvature of earth to prevent then from flying off into space, they just go straight...
You make a good point. I have been a pilot for almost 40 years and I’ve never had to “adjust down” for the supposed curvature of the earth. I’m sure the Smarty Pants Twins (RickD and Mr Bowling) will come up with a fancy-sounding excuse as to why this is so. There’s no fooling you.

✈️
True story...

On a non-stop flight from Florida to Sydney, Australia, there was a newbie pilot. The co-pilot was a 75 year veteran of flying. The co-pilot forgot to inform the newbie pilot that he needed to adjust down for the earth’s curvature, on such a long flight. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue, because the pilot could make adjustments during the flight. But the 102 year old co-pilot fell asleep a half hour into the flight. To make a long story short, the newbie pilot’s failure* to adjust down, had the plane landing on the moon, instead of Sydney.
Rumor has it that if you look close enough at the moon, you can still see the plane.

*The newbie pilot graduated from a round earth flight school, where he was erroneously taught that he didn't have to make adjustments for the curvature of the earth, because as long as he flew inside the earth’s atmosphere, his flight would follow the earth’s curvature. The silly newb thought that since the earth’s atmosphere follows the curvature, then...

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:59 pm
True story...

On a non-stop flight from Florida to Sydney, Australia, there was a newbie pilot. The co-pilot was a 75 year veteran of flying. The co-pilot forgot to inform the newbie pilot that he needed to adjust down for the earth’s curvature, on such a long flight. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue, because the pilot could make adjustments during the flight. But the 102 year old co-pilot fell asleep a half hour into the flight. To make a long story short, the newbie pilot’s failure* to adjust down, had the plane landing on the moon, instead of Sydney.
Rumor has it that if you look close enough at the moon, you can still see the plane.

*The newbie pilot graduated from a round earth flight school, where he was erroneously taught that he didn't have to make adjustments for the curvature of the earth, because as long as he flew inside the earth’s atmosphere, his flight would follow the earth’s curvature. The silly newb thought that since the earth’s atmosphere follows the curvature, then...
Nice try, Rick D. We heard of this famous story in flight school. It is, of course, propaganda from the round-earth conspirators.

I’ve looked at the Moon many times and have not seen a plane on its surface. I challenge anyone reading this to look at the Moon and try to find that Miami-Sydney plane on its surface.

I’ve had it up to here with all you round earthers and your boldfaced lies!

🌓
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote:
I have been a pilot for almost 40 years...
In that 40 years, how many times have you see the earth’s curvature while flying?

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 pm
Fliegender wrote:
In that 40 years, how many times have you see the earth’s curvature while flying?
NEVER! ...is this a trick question?
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:02 pm
RickD wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 pm
Fliegender wrote:
NEVER! ...is this a trick question?
No. I was hoping that you’d overwhelm Stu with your proof that you saw the earth’s curvature.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

Don’t forget to read post #243.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:58 pm Stu,

Don’t forget to read post #243.
Ok, will look into it.

But I would like you and DB in turn to honestly look into this very simple yet highly conclusive proof of a flat earth. How do you in anyway explain this on a globe earth.

"Jon McEntyre was troubled by the evidence of the flat Earth and could not bring himself to believe that such a massive conspiracy to hide the very nature of the earth could exist. He came up with an ingenious way to determine, once and for all, whether the earth was a sphere or flat.

He concluded that if the earth were flat then two equally high mountains separated by many miles would appear to the observer to be the same height if the observer was stationed at a vantage point that was equal in height to the peak of the two mountain tops.

All he needed to do was to move perpendicular to the alignment of the mountains, thus creating a parallax between the mountains, and he could then see both mountains side-by-side. If, however, the earth were a globe, then the more distant mountain top would drop below the height of the nearer mountain top by the distance in miles squared multiplied by eight inches (miles2 × 8 inches = distance of drop on the supposed spherical earth).

McIntyre searched and found three mountains that met his criteria. The three mountains were found in the Black Mountain Range in North Carolina. He positioned himself with his camera at an elevation of 5,385 feet on the ridge of Tennent Mountain.

He then trained his camera at Fryingpan Mountain, six (6) miles in the distance from his position on the ridge at Tennent Mountain. The peak of Fryingpan Mountain has an elevation of approximately 5,380 feet above sea level. Thirty four (34) miles beyond Fryingpan Mountain was Graybeard Mountain, with an elevation of approximately 5,395 feet. McIntyre’s position was to theside of Fryingpan Mountain, which created a parallax between it and Graybeard Mountain. This allowed him to view both the mountains juxtaposed to one another, although they were separated by 34 miles. He discovered that in fact the mountain tops were almost the same height, just as indicated by their official reported elevations.

If the earth were a globe, then the curvature of the earth would cause Graybeard Mountain to drop 770 feet and be out of the sight of the observer. But that is not what we see."
-Edward Hendrie-
"THE GREATEST LIE ON EARTH"
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

It took all of 60 seconds to find this.
Long story short: the measurements are wrong, his location was wrong (shows view from Tennent mountain but was actually closer to Frying Pan mountain near Grassy Cove), his altitude was wrong, his camera was tilted, and once corrected everything lines up as expected and shows pretty good evidence of Earth's curvature.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:46 am But I would like you and DB in turn to honestly look into this very simple yet highly conclusive proof of a flat earth. How do you in anyway explain this on a globe earth.
Here you go...
https://flatearthinsanity.blogspot.com/ ... dence.html

Jon later admits
I am neither in allegiance with "flat earth believers" nor opposed to "globe earth believers". I am simply a neutral arbiter. If you do not believe this then please hear me when I say that my observation and video PROVE NOTHING. That is the end of all potential argument and debate with me. The work I did is riddled with potential for inaccuracies but at least I got off my duff and went out and did the work instead of fighting endlessly in front of my computer, which leads absolutely NOWHERE.
Now your turn

Here is a video of a sailboat going over the horizon
... One... More... Time...

Go to 2:30 where you clearly see only the sail of the boat poking up out of the water (so this is not a 'zoom' issue as you falsely claim).

Click on the link below to start the video at 2:30 so everyone here can plainly see what I am talking about
https://youtu.be/70nZ4n_l9ao?t=153

You have yet to answer a very simple question.
At the 2:30 mark...
Where is the bottom of the boat?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:50 am Stu,

It took all of 60 seconds to find this.
Long story short: the measurements are wrong, his location was wrong (shows view from Tennent mountain but was actually closer to Frying Pan mountain near Grassy Cove), his altitude was wrong, his camera was tilted, and once corrected everything lines up as expected and shows pretty good evidence of Earth's curvature.
Thanks.