The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Post by Stu »

As for the stars, here is Pastor Carl Gallups, not a flat earther.

Now he had a vision of the rapture (doesn't know if it is pre, mid or post tribulation, just that he had it).

Someone close to him confirmed his vision with the exact same vision.

Later at a conference a lady came to him and was desperate to know what her vision meant, only that God had told her that Pastor Gallups could interpret it for her, well it was the exact same vision.

Anyway in his vision he saw the stars fall to earth but they weren't stars they were angelic beings. Throughout the Bible angels are many time referred to as the stars. Did Pastor Gallup and the other two people get it wrong, was it not a vision from God, or did he really see it.

It's well worth a watch, fascinating stuff. Inspiring.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DB, you can reply to what you like.

Anyway as for your boat going over the horizon, well here is the sun supposedly going down over the horizon.

It should be impossible to zoom in on the sun and bring it back into full view, but that is exactly what happens. Same with boats. Impossible on a globe earth.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 am Stu,

I need links so I can see these documents in their proper context. Cherry picking parts of supposed documents, without context, isn’t going to convince anyone that the earth is flat. I’ve already shown you multiple times, that flat earthers take things out of context.

Stu,

Where do you hope this thread is going? I can guarantee you that neither DBowling nor I will ever believe in a flat earth. Dean Odle is a fraud. Flat Earth is a ridiculous lie. If you think you’re going to change our minds, you’re wasting your time.
Rick, go to this Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEN9NW6qjCw&t=3517s

Then scroll down to the first comment, Pastor Dean gives all the links therein.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 am Anyway as for your boat going over the horizon, well here is the sun supposedly going down over the horizon.
I'm not talking about zooming in and out like all your flat earth videos do.
I'm talking about zooming in on a boat (and staying zoomed in) and watching the bottom of the boat disappear as the boat travels over the horizon.

Let's try again
Here is a video of a sailboat going over the horizon
... One... More... Time...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70nZ4n_l9ao
Go to 2:30 where you clearly see only the sail of the boat poking up out of the water (so this is not a 'zoom' issue as you falsely claim).
Where is the bottom of the boat?

You can weave and dodge and post videos zooming in and out all day.
But none of your zooming in and out videos explain where the bottom of the boat goes at time stamp 2:30 of the video I posted.

Just answer the simple question.
Where is the bottom of the boat at time stamp 2:30 of my video?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:19 am
Stu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 am Anyway as for your boat going over the horizon, well here is the sun supposedly going down over the horizon.
I'm talking about zooming in on a boat (and staying zoomed in) and watching the bottom of the boat disappear as the boat travels over the horizon.

Let's try again
Go to 2:30 where you clearly see only the sail of the boat poking up out of the water (so this is not a 'zoom' issue as you falsely claim).

But none of your zooming in and out videos explain where the bottom of the boat goes at time stamp 2:30 of the video I posted.

Come on man, I have shown you the exact same scenario you show in that video in a different video where the bottom of the boat is ALSO below the "horizon" and yet when you zoom in the bottom of the boat comes into focus again. What are you failing to get?

What you are failing to grasp is that it's all about the zoom. Why? Because of the limitations of the human eye.

What we supposedly see as the boat going below the horizon is nothing but the limitation of the human eye. Use a zoom camera and it will bring the boat back into focus. What you are not grasping is that the earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared. You should not be able to bring the bottom of the boat back into focus.

You keep on showing that video but don't understand that that camera is on FULL zoom FROM THE START, so it will only ever seem to go over the horizon. What you need to do is start with a boat close by and leave it on midway zoom or not zoomed at all, then you will see the boat go over the horizon as in your video but then when you zoom all the way in it will bring the bottom of the boat back into focus.

How can you ignore the setting of the sun video I posted. It's clear for all to see that while it looks like part of the sun has gone down over the horizon when you zoom in the sun comes into FULL view. How do you explain this. It is impossible on a globe earth. It is the same concept as your boat.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

The 3 links I clicked on that pertained to what we're talking about say, “PAGE NOT FOUND”.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 am

Let's try again

Come on man, I have shown you the exact same scenario you show in that video in a different video where the bottom of the boat is ALSO below the "horizon" and yet when you zoom in the bottom of the boat comes into focus again. What are you failing to get?

What you are failing to grasp is that it's all about the zoom. Why? Because of the limitations of the human eye.

What we supposedly see as the boat going below the horizon is nothing but the limitation of the human eye. Use a zoom camera and it will bring the boat back into focus. What you are not grasping is that the earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared. You should not be able to bring the bottom of the boat back into focus.

You keep on showing that video but don't understand that that camera is on FULL zoom FROM THE START, so it will only ever seem to go over the horizon. What you need to do is start with a boat close by and leave it on midway zoom or not zoomed at all, then you will see the boat go over the horizon as in your video but then when you zoom all the way in it will bring the bottom of the boat back into focus.

How can you ignore the setting of the sun video I posted. It's clear for all to see that while it looks like part of the sun has gone down over the horizon when you zoom in the sun comes into FULL view. How do you explain this. It is impossible on a globe earth. It is the same concept as your boat.

Stu,

Your answer is in one of the comments on YouTube.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:36 am Stu,

The 3 links I clicked on that pertained to what we're talking about say, “PAGE NOT FOUND”.
Yeah since Pastor Dean brought those documents to light some have been removed. Wonder why. It went viral and I guess they didn't like that.

When he starts a new document he usually shows where it comes from.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 am

Let's try again

Once again...
You are failing to "get" what is right in front of your eyes in this video.
Your fallacious 'zoom' argument doesn't work here.
Why?
Because the sail is clearly visible. for the for the duration of the video.
Unlike your videos, in this video the boat never travels beyond focus of the camera that is tracking it.

Would you agree with me that the top of the boat is the same distance from the camera as the bottom of the boat?
Would you agree with me at that 2:30, the sail of the boat is 'zoomed in' on and clearly visible.
Would you agree with me that at 2:30, the bottom of the boat is under the water line?
Would you agree with me that at 2:30, the sail of the boat is still moving even though the bottom of the boat is not visible.
Again... you are simply wrong...
This has nothing to do with limitations of the human eye.
This video zooms in on a boat and stays zoomed on that boat as the boat travels over the horizon and the bottom of the boat gradually disappears under the water line.
What you are failing to grasp (or more likely failing to publicly admit) is that your zooming in and out assertions do not explain why the bottom of the boat is not visible at 2:30, while the top of the boat (ie the sail) is zoomed in on and clearly visible.

Let's try again
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

DBowling wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 am Let's try again

Click on the link below to start the video at 2:30 so everyone here can plainly see what I am talking about
https://youtu.be/70nZ4n_l9ao?t=153
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DB,

That boat in your video is moving way too fast to be a sailboat. I think there’s some shenanigans going on. Maybe NASA has made a speedboat with sails, and a disappearing bottom, TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE A SAILBOAT IS GOING OVER THE HORIZON. NASA will go to any lengths to continue the round globe conspiracy.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:59 am

Yeah since Pastor Dean brought those documents to light some have been removed. Wonder why. It went viral and I guess they didn't like that.

Dean Odle is a fruitcake nutjob heretic, and you’d do yourself a big favor if you distance yourself from his false teachings.
Dean Odle seems like a swell guy.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Do you have to strike out your words,?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:44 pm
Stu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:59 am

Dean Odle is a fruitcake nutjob heretic, and you’d do yourself a big favor if you distance yourself from his false teachings.
Dean Odle seems like a swell guy.
What makes you say that apart from the flat earth stuff? I mean can you point to something that is false or you just having a go for the sake of it.

Heretics don't bring about truly born again people.
Heretics don't put Jesus front and centre of their ministry.
Heretics don't stop passing the collections bowl around.
Heretics don't give do courses and say only pay if you can afford it.
Heretics don't teach the whole Bible, the scary and friendly parts. Unlike say a Joel Olsteen.

Just because you are blind to the truth doesn't mean you get to judge from your high horse about everyone else. He is one of the few pastors that is teaching end time events. Everyone else is fast asleep and will be caught off guard when things unfold.

God said through Daniel that the message he gave Daniel is for the end and will only be understood at the end. I've never heard of something being "the end" and then having another 2000 years go on. In other words 70AD was not the end.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
What makes you say that apart from the flat earth stuff?
I was referring to his flat earth beliefs and teachings.

His believing in a flat earth, misrepresenting what others believe regarding the topic, and teaching this from a pulpit makes him a fruitcake nutjob.

Teaching that the Bible says the earth is flat, makes him a heretic and a false teacher.

I really don’t know anything about any of his other teachings.

But I’m going to guess that he probably teaches a works-based salvation. And I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark, and guess that he teaches the false gospel that one can lose salvation.

Usually false teachers have their false teachings rooted in a false gospel.

Edit:
From Dean Odle’s page:http://hstrial-dodle.homestead.com/VisionHistory.html

False teachers of a feather, flock together:
I was studying the Bible for hours each day and reading a lot of Kenneth E. Hagin books.

-Edward R Murrow