The Olivet Discourse

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Olivet Discourse

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:43 pm Don't know why the last of the post above is all bolded?
When copy and pasting scripture, sometimes within the text [a], , and [c] are used to denote footnotes. I bet there's a and/or a [/b ] somewhere in what you copied.

I'll bet that's exactly what it is. Look how my text is bolded. I actually put "b" in [] in my text, and it doesn't show up.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Thanks, Rick.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: I agree that Rev 20 indicates that something will happen at the end of the "1000 years" prior to the Final Judgement. We aren't given a whole lot of information. But it could potentially be referring to a still future time of 'tribulation'
And that's where I am - that the aggregate meanings of Revelation is two-fold - a future (first century) application to the immediate threat of Rome / Nero and the continued Roman line as well, as to our future. So, why would we yet believe a rapture is possible? Clearly, full preterism isn't Biblical!