Animal sacrifice at the temple has begun

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Animal sacrifice at the temple has begun

Post by Stu »

Found this on another site.
What does the Bible say about when animal sacrifices resume at the temple?

Another video about the sacrifice.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Re: Animal sacrifice at the temple has begun

Post by melanie »

Interesting videos......thanks Stu

I was quite proactive a couple of years ago speaking out against the madness I saw in how some Christians and churches were trying to usher in the second coming of Christ by funding and welcoming the rebuilding of the temple.
It frustrated and angered me to some extent that people could be so blinded by a desire to see prophecy fulfilled that they would do so without spiritual discernment or critical thinking.
So I took a leave of absence so to speak from anything to do with end times prophecy or the current Christian climate in regards to the temple and Israel because I’ve found it so frustrating and to certain degree upsetting.

I said years ago we are setting up the climate for the anti christ. We look to political leaders as though they are the working hand of Christ. Even when it’s obvious how ludicrous that is then we convince ourselves that ‘God works through imperfect people to His own end’.
Which is of course is true but I don’t believe in the way Christendom foretells it.

Just today our non elected Prime Minister in Australia declared Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Against public tide and against the rational thinking of most Australians.
A right wing, conservative Christian, non elected Prime Minister has pushed an agenda that he had no right in doing so.
Tides are changing and perhaps we are living in the ‘end days’ but I fear and genuinely so that many Christians are mistaken in their unabashed support of Israel due to a misplaced understanding of prophecy.

But I guess that is also part of prophecy.......the deception but it’s still very saddening.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Mel, I agree - Christians are misguided thinking they are going to move epic events into place per funding a third temple, etc. Or even by moving embassies to Jerusalem. But make no mistake, Israel is a sovereign country that has a perfect right to locate their capital wherever they so desire to. And Jerusalem was given to Israel as a possession forever. No amount of regional or international politics can change that. But that possession comes with great responsibility, to treat those within her borders well, as many Old Testament directives attest to.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Some thoughts...

John 4:19-24
19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”
21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
2 Corinthians 6:16
16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”
Hebrews 10:4-18
4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”
8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”
17 Then he adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Upon closer inspection it was in fact a sacrifice at the dedication service for the rebuilding of the temple, so things aren't quite there yet, but they do seem determined to build the third temple.

I do support Israel, but not unconditionally. When they do wrong, I call them out on it.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

So, we have Christians who consider Israel’s homeland regathering as a coincidence, and other Christians who give money to their rejection of God’s lamb. Is there a middle view here?
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ged: and other Christians who give money to their rejection of God’s lamb. Is there a middle view here?
This is unclear - explain a bit, please.
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Ged »

If the Jews build the temple, and plan the resumption of animal sacrifice, then they are rejecting the final sacrifice of God's lamb, Jesus - right?

And if Christians support the temple project with enthusiasm and finance, then they are complicit in that rejection - right?

So, what Im saying is that we have 2 views in Christendom concerning Israel, and both are wrong. On the one hand some fail to acknowledge that the existence of the modern state of Israel is the will of God. At the other end of the pendulum are those who support it even to the extreme of participating in the temple.

I just wish that we can find a balance.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Ged wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 pm If the Jews build the temple, and plan the resumption of animal sacrifice, then they are rejecting the final sacrifice of God's lamb, Jesus - right?

And if Christians support the temple project with enthusiasm and finance, then they are complicit in that rejection - right?

So, what Im saying is that we have 2 views in Christendom concerning Israel, and both are wrong. On the one hand some fail to acknowledge that the existence of the modern state of Israel is the will of God. At the other end of the pendulum are those who support it even to the extreme of participating in the temple.

I just wish that we can find a balance.
The Temple will be rebuilt and sacrifices will resume. The work of creating the priestly garments and the gold vessels/menorah and whatnot is already underway. The Sanhedrin is re-established and they have a Forum just like this one. I don't worry about Christians who get things wrong because we all do to varying degrees.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

The Temple will be rebuilt and sacrifices will resume. The work of creating the priestly garments and the gold vessels/menorah and whatnot is already underway. The Sanhedrin is re-established and they have a Forum just like this one.

If so, what might that look like - maybe not the huge temple one might imagine. Remember, what is on the Temple Mount right now, but a very important religious site of Muslims.

So, here are some of the considerations, noted by Joel Richardson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKpy_FgBI_A
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Joel Richardson? That sounds like a goy’s name. It’s best to get information straight from those who are preparing for the Third Temple: google The Temple Institute if interested.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It’s best to get information straight from those who are preparing for the Third Temple
May be good to be aware of whatever group is doing what. But only as weighed and considered with the context of prophecy and actual implementation. A lot of things can SEEM to match up with prophecy that aren't what we might think they are - or will be.

When Hitler came to power and systematically began exterminating Jews with a rabid hatred of them, and he'd help set much of the world on fire with war, with many of his inner circle being occultists, his symbol a broken cross - many in that day thought, "This is it! Hitler is clearly the anti-christ!" And while he was clearly a type of anti-christ, he wasn't THE anti-christ.