Fire From the Sky

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Fire From the Sky

Post by Stu »

Interesting video on the end times; goes into seals, judgement, EMP's and coronal mass ejections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4_yFxnkjqg
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
goingsouth
Familiar Member

Re: Fire From the Sky

Post by goingsouth »

I don't listen to any bible prophecy videos. I've tried only to get disgusted with what they're teaching. I say it's best to do your own studies.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

I don't listen to any bible prophecy videos. I've tried only to get disgusted with what they're teaching. I say it's best to do your own studies.
All those endtimes books - they, well, they sell books and make money. But as for truth - anytime you read some book that claims they have figured out how things will go down in the last days, and especially when, what countries may be involved, all that - ignore it! These things are a variable dependent - that is, upon currently unknown key variables that will either make or break whatever endtimes scenario one ascribes to. Only until key, currently unknowable things are known, will it truly make sense. Wonder how many books Hal Lindsay sold of the "Late Great Planet Earth?"
goingsouth
Familiar Member

Post by goingsouth »

I've done my share reading Christian books back in the 70's and 80's. Yes I did read Lindsay's LGPE. Since the early 90's I've been studying the bible, esp. prophecy, from a slew of resource books. I especially like the lexicons and the Interlinear. Many of the conclusions I've arrived at are the same as other interpreters. That only reinforces what I already believe!
"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

goingsouth wrote:I don't listen to any bible prophecy videos. I've tried only to get disgusted with what they're teaching. I say it's best to do your own studies.
And what have you discovered thus far?

Let me guess, you're not a prepper?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
goingsouth
Familiar Member

Post by goingsouth »

Stu wrote:
goingsouth wrote:I don't listen to any bible prophecy videos. I've tried only to get disgusted with what they're teaching. I say it's best to do your own studies.
Let me guess, you're not a prepper?
We should all prepare somewhat for troublesome times. Better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared.
And what have you discovered thus far?
As if I can tell you what I've discovered so far in one post. Prophecy is written for our benefit. Prophecy not only proves the power of God's foreknowledge, it helps us understand the time or season of the Lords return so that we can prepare for it and prevent hardships associated with the end-time tribulation.
"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."