No more worrying about End Times

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: No more worrying about End Times

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:

God has guided me on my way with prepping. I used to think that just stocking up on gold and silver was the way to go. I hoarded the stuff, but since have branched out into food as well, built myself a bit of a an underground bunker, got guns, ammo and medicine.
RickD wrote:
I'm with Stu on this one. I don't tell very many people this, but I've just finished construction on an underground bunker. And I'm in the process of filling it with non perishable groceries, guns, gold, and God.
Boys and girls,

While both of these quotes seem to be very similar, there is one important difference. Brownie points to whomever recognizes it first.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

God has guided me on my way with prepping. I used to think that just stocking up on gold and silver was the way to go. I hoarded the stuff, but since have branched out into food as well, built myself a bit of a an underground bunker, got guns, ammo and medicine.
RickD wrote:
I'm with Stu on this one. I don't tell very many people this, but I've just finished construction on an underground bunker. And I'm in the process of filling it with non perishable groceries, guns, gold, and God.
Boys and girls,

While both of these quotes seem to be very similar, there is one important difference. Brownie points to whomever recognizes it first.
The first quote doesn't have him say he's filling the bunker with God, only that God has helped him prep.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

RickD wrote:
Boys and girls,

The first quote doesn't have him say he's filling the bunker with God, only that God has helped him prep.
This is not a quiz for 5 year olds. It's not quite as obvious as that. :lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

What if Stu's bunker is in the wrong place - in a much more dangerous place than a safe place he might flee. And what specific kind of threat is he preparing for? Bombs? An invasion? Radiation? I'm just saying he doesn't know what or when, or how to best prepare for it. So, right now - POINTLESS!
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

RickD wrote:
Stu wrote:

RickD wrote:
Boys and girls,

There's too many obvious differences. Silver, medicine, non perishable groceries vs food, ammo and guns vs just guns.
Wait I think the first one doesn't use gold and silver, it says he used to, while the second says gold is used. Or am I reading this too deep?
Can u give us a hint?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

God.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

Whoa! this thread got some gas to the engine. I should clarify what I meant in my post.

I do believe in common sense preparations for natural or man-caused disasters for extended periods. But I'm not looking for signs in the sky or trying to ID the antichrist (not Henry Kissinger!!) nor am I a bit concerned about UN troops storming our shores or imaginary FEMA camps. I certainly find conspiracy theories nutty and irritating.

My dad has never made any funeral or death plans because he's still convinced the world will end so there's no need to plan. He's in terrible shape, so much so I am pretty sure he won't be alive for The End. To spend the amount of time worrying about "signs" that he did he could have better spent it learning the Bible and teaching it.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

You big dummies!!

The difference between the quotes, is that mine is complete sarcasm. I have no bunker. No hoarded food, no guns, no gold stored away.

I'm not living my life in fear about some end times interpretation that isn't clear.

Regarding the end times...

I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future. And I trust in Him.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:You big dummies!!

The difference between the quotes, is that mine is complete sarcasm. I have no bunker. No hoarded food, no guns, no gold stored away.

I'm not living my life in fear about some end times interpretation that isn't clear.

I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future. And I trust in Him.
You obviously don't know what YOU wrote.
I know far better than YOU what YOU wrote.
I am right and you are wrong.
:eugeek:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:You big dummies!!

You obviously don't know what YOU wrote.
I know far better than YOU what YOU wrote.
I am right and you are wrong.
:eugeek:
Well,

Then I stand corrected.
:shock:

-Edward R Murrow