The second coming of Christ

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The second coming of Christ

Post by Mallz »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
No I'm a pre-trib rapture person but the difference is I believe the anti-christ must be revealed before the rapture happens based on <a class="rtBibleRef" href="http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/2%20Thess%202.1-10" data-reference="2 Thess 2.1-10" data-version="nasb95" data-purpose="bible-reference" target="_blank">2nd Thessalonians 2:1-10</a>.I also believe more prophecies must be fulfilled before the rapture and we are not close to it although we are in the last days.We need to see more prophecies fulfilled is all.
Why do you think the anni christ needs to be revealed first? The day of the Lord (trib) proceeds the revealing of the lil anni, not the 'day of the rapture'. Why do you think other prophecies need to be fulfilled before the rapture? Which ones?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

crochet1949 wrote:There's also a Matthew 24 passage -- but I'm curious as to what other prophesies you see that must be fulfilled before the rapture.
Also there Is a difference between the rapture and the 2nd coming of Christ.
The 2nd coming being when Christ comes to earth and stands on the Mt of Olives -- He will reign here on earth for 1,000 yrs.

Here are a few off the top of my head.But first off we know that the tribulation lasts seven years and if the rapture happened today or tomorrow there is no way that all the things that are to happen in the tribulation could happen.Like for instance we know that a Jewish temple is going to be rebuilt and animal sacrificing is going to come back and in the middle of the tribulation the Antichrist will go into this temple,stop the animal sacrificing and claim he is God and yet there is no Jewish temple built yet for this to be fulfilled.A Jewish temple must be rebuilt in order for this prophecy to be fulfilled during the tribulation.

But also we know that there will be some kind of world system in place that must continue a short space and then the Antichrist takes it over and turns it into the mark of the beast system.Now there are different ideas about what it is,some believe it is a one world government which I tend to agree with but other think it is the EU and some think it is the UN but no matter what it is it must continue a short space in order to be taken over and turned into the mark of the beast system.Revelation 17:10 Now it is possible that this could come after the rapture but based on Jesus telling us to watch for signs,why would we think we are close to the rapture?

I am a pre- trib rapturist too. There are those who claim that the rapture can happen at anytime and is not dependant on other prophecies being fulfilled but then I have to ask,then what signs are you looking at that tells you the rapture is close? These are just a few off the top of my head.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
dand
Acquainted Member

Post by dand »

Mallz wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 am This is going to be fun :mrgreen:

For all those 'let's not worry/think about it'
Matthew 16: (specifically verse 3, although that whole chapter has an amazing amount of spiritual nuggets in it)
3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

We 'all' know Luke 21:36
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I could conjure up more scriptures showing we should be living wise, harmless, and in-tune with the Spirit and His workings. He is supposed to be working through us, afterall...

We are admonished to be ready and awake quite frequently throughout the bible (not just new testament; there are statements from Christ, not just His disciples).

The Bible is heavily filled with the first and second coming of Christ. We should know the season we are living in, and He gives us the ability and means to know.
I think so too
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Holy resurrection thread, batman!

...wish I could post cool pics..
Davy
Familiar Member

Post by Davy »

We can know within three and one half days of our Lord Jesus' return to Jerusalem. It's because He gave us a very specific sign in Rev.11 through His servant John.

Once God's two witnesses are killed in Jerusalem, and their dead bodies left laying in the street for three and one half days, all nations seeing their dead bodies, and then they will stand up with a voice many will hear telling them to 'Come up'. Then the 7th trumpet sounds in that same hour, and we are told all the kingdoms of this world become those of The Father and His Christ. That is pointing directly to Christ's future reign over all nations, thus His return.

What we do not... know, is just what 'day' that will be in our near future.

However, that sign in Rev.11 our Lord Jesus gave His Church to be watching for. And since the Rev.11 Scripture says all nations will see the dead bodies of God's two witnesses, it means that event could not happen until the advent of satellite technology (and thus global communications).

For those who don't care to be watching for the signs our Lord Jesus and His Apostles gave us for the end, they will be faced to see them anyway, happening right before their eyes. The TV will be covering the events in Jerusalem, neighbors and family, co-workers will be talking about it. And each person will either believe the Antichrist doing great signs and wonders in Jerusalem is God, or Christ, or the Antichrist. Just as a sharp dividing line is happening today among society between God's people and the deceived and children of darkness, that dividing line is going to be greater in that future time. Each person alive will be forced to decide who and what they follow. There will not be any place to hide, nor will we be raptured at that time of "great tribulation" that many are being wrongly taught.