The Mark of the Beast

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
goingsouth
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The Mark of the Beast

Postby goingsouth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:56 pm

RickD wrote:"It should be obvious by now, that Jesus did not mean He was less than God, or an inferior god, when He said that God ("the Father") was "greater" than He was. Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians, and other Arians interpret Jesus' words here this way. Arius was a heretic in the early church who denied Jesus' full deity. Jesus was not speaking ontologically (i.e., dealing with His essential being, His nature), since He had affirmed repeatedly that He and the Father were one ontologically (1:1-2; 10:30; 14:9; 20:28).

Rather, he was speaking of the Father's relative glory compared to Jesus' glory. Jesus had laid His heavenly glory aside in the Incarnation, but the Father had not done so, and consequently enjoyed greater glory than the Son during Jesus' earthly ministry. However, now Jesus was about to return to the Father, and to the greater glory that He would again share with the Father. This glorification should have caused the disciples to rejoice, but they sorrowed instead, because they focused on themselves too much."

http://soniclight.org/constable/notes/pdf/john.pdf

I knew that was going to be your response. Look at the passage. Comparing God's heavenly glory to Christ earthly glory has nothing to do with the context. You've accepted another mans teaching. What Jesus said about God being greater is Jesus' reply to Judas after he asked, "Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?"

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."

claysmithr
Acquainted Member

Postby claysmithr » Mon May 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Note: I take the futurist view of the Mark

The Beast could be called the Beast because he has some sort of human-animal-demon genetics going on for himself.

The mark of the beast might be an implanted device in people that changes their genetics to be like the nephilim of old, reducing disease and extending lifespan for an extra 400 years. Or it could just be a simple chip. Either way it's something that allows one to buy and sell. When the NWO /Global Government and Global Currency emerges, the mark of the Beast starts to make sense.

Alien (aka Demon) abductees are already being implanted with some sort of advanced nano-computer that might be altering their genetics as an experiment.

First you need to witness the beast climb to power and blaspheme God. Then he will require everyone to get the mark as an act of Worship towards the beast, leaning on the Beast to provide and protect and not upon God.

People who do not get the Mark are likely to either

A) Have God provide for them, or

B) die from hunger/homelessness, which is a small cost for eternal life

Personally, I'm 32 and hope I don't live to witness the Rise of the Beast Nation or the Great Deception that deceives even some Elect Christians. But I'm old enough to see through the demonic lies. I wish people who got the mark weren't destined to hellfire forever. That's tough. But God expects some of us to endure great hardship for his Sake, and will become priests in the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ, if one has passed the test of NOT TAKING THE MARK.

thatkidakayoungguy

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 pm

I tend to think it'll be literal.
What I'm more scared of is how angry God'll be. Even though we can escape it imagine how bad it'll be.

yorican67
Acquainted Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby yorican67 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:18 pm

I like this thread and all the opinions stated within. The book of Revelation, inline with the book of Daniel, will not be fully understood until the end times. We're so close to the return of Christ, which is why there's so much speculation and scripture references in this thread. The book of Revelation continues to unfold before us, and knowledge of the books continues to increase.

For me the passage concerning the Mark of the Beast is both literal and metaphorical. Rather its a Physical and Spiritual mark placed upon those willing and wanting to receive it. The anti-Christ is a false Messiah, anti-Christ deconstructed means in place of Christ. How long is the anti-Christ's reign? Yep three and a half years long. Jesus' ministry on earth same, three and a half years long.

The Church has already begun falling away from biblical truths, which continues to progress into Apostasy. I do believe in the Church age, consisting of seven overlapping periods of time, being the seven churches. And what's the last church mentioned? The church of Laodicea, were believers are neither hot or cold. Best re-collation is that Laodicea refers to peoples opinions, which we currently see in the church today. Apostasy... leading up to a false Christ, with his followers being sealed with his promise of false salvation. Can the elect be deceived? Apparently so... along with the rest of the world.

*Side note for all you Day Age Progressive creationist: The creation age in Genesis is seven long periods of overlapping time, assuming we agree on this point. "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day (age) that the LORD God made earth and heaven." The church age in Revelation is seven long periods of overlapping time, per historical records of the Church. Again assuming we agree on this point. Another reason progressive creationism is the best creation model, it fits the full context of scripture! Hmm and science. : )

"As for me, I heard but could not understand; so I said, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?” He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words are concealed and sealed up until the end time."

Return to “End Times”