Fulfillment of Revelation 12?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
SoCalExile
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Fulfillment of Revelation 12?

Post by SoCalExile »

Revelation 12:1-6 wrote:12 And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.
So if you haven't heard, for the last few years some are saying that the first two verses above are coming true on September 23, 2017. This sums it up:

Basically, 3 of the 4 visible planets will be in Leo, making 9 "stars" above Virgo's (the virgin's) head, and for 42 weeks prior to this event, Jupiter will move back and forth in Virgo's "womb". The moon will be just by the "feet". Far as anyone knows, this is a unique event, with only a similar event occurring on Sept. 19, 1270, though that one didn't quite fit the bill:

Now the major issue with this fulfilling Biblical prophecy is, "where's the Dragon?" And then things seem to go downhill on the internet.

What say you?
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Fulfillment of Revelation 12?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Could you please clarify what prophecy this is supposed to fulfill? Because it is not clear what this is fulfilling.Is it the rise of the anti-christ? The coming of Jesus? I'm glad you posted this because I like to discuss and debate bible prophecy.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Virgo = Jesus was born of a virgin.And Leo = The lion of the tribe of Judah,The king of kings and lord of lords
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Absolute rubbish in my opinion.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Could you please clarify what prophecy this is supposed to fulfill? Because it is not clear what this is fulfilling.Is it the rise of the anti-christ? The coming of Jesus? I'm glad you posted this because I like to discuss and debate bible prophecy.
"And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

Jupiter was the "star" a bunch of Median scholars (the Magi) saw in 3-2 BC that told them to head to Jerusalem, then Bethlehem, to see a guy. It passed Regulus three times before conjoining Venus in Virgo.

Note
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

SoCalExile wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Could you please clarify what prophecy this is supposed to fulfill? Because it is not clear what this is fulfilling.Is it the rise of the anti-christ? The coming of Jesus? I'm glad you posted this because I like to discuss and debate bible prophecy.
"And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

Jupiter was the "star" a bunch of Median scholars (the Magi) saw in 3-2 BC that told them to head to Jerusalem, then Bethlehem, to see a guy. It passed Regulus three times before conjoining Venus in Virgo.

Note
So it is just a realignment of the heavens back at Jesus's birth that led the wise men to where Jesus was?And not a particular prophecy fulfilled?If it is just a realignment of the heavens that happens so many thousands of years or something then I don't have a problem with it,as I believe the wise men understood what the heavens were declaring and they knew a king would be born and it led them to Jesus.I do believe the heavens declare the glory of God.

Also Jesus did say there would be signs in the heavens in the last days,I agree with this but alot of times people that are into bible prophecy especially on YouTube get ahead of prophecies that must be fulfilled before Jesus returns.I see a lot of them making the same mistakes when they need to step back and let ALL of the prophecies concerning the signs before Jesus will return be fulfilled.
Where is the one-world government the Antichrist takes over and turns into the mark of the beast system? Where is the Jewish temple that the Jews will rebuild and bring back animal sacrifices? Ezekiel 38 has not been fulfilled yet,these are just a few things that we need to see before we can say we are in the tribulation.

If the rapture happened tommarrow how could all that happens in the tribulation be fulfilled in 7 years which is how long the tribulation is?

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Not only that but Damascus has not been destroyed yet. All Jews have not left to go to Israel. Not only that but right now if the Jewish people want to built a third temple there would be a another war. Right now all the world can't take another war. To many gone to many dead. Many people in the middle are heading to Christ. This is one of the first signs. Damascus to be destroyed and never rise again. Damascus had been controlled but never completely destroyed to the point it was not a city
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

I take Our Lord's comment on these matters in ACTS as the way to view these things:

6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; 8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.

His commandment is clear:
We are to be HIS witnesses and to NOT bother and worry about the time when God has decided to enact the final judgement.