FLAT EARTH ANYBODY?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: FLAT EARTH ANYBODY?

Post by neo-x »

$15 USD Donation: Newly discovered minor geographical feature or landmark named after you. Example Sokarul's hole or Jroa's Landing.
For some reason, I am not comfortable that if you donate they will name a hole after you, like Neo's hole or Rick's hole. :esurprised: :lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I wish I had an extra $100,000. Then I could go with them. But I think I may be scared to go. I don't want to fall off the edge of the earth if there's no wall.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ganaa
Familiar Member

Post by ganaa »

Isaiah 40:22 - World is not flat

Job 38:19 - Light travels at a constant, finite speed of 186,000 mi/sec.
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/Numbe ... _speed.htm

Jonah 2:6 - http://www.deepseachallenge.com/the-exp ... na-trench/

Amos 9:6 - The circles of the seas and oceans

Job 26:7 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_space ---> about empty spaces.

Isaiah 40:12 - http://www.space.com/52-the-expanding-u ... today.html -
The scientists are only beginning to understand as universe is expanding more..
In the Bible, saying about expanding heavens like a curtain at least 7 times...

GOD already declared, but humanity needs some time for understanding HIS Creations.

suggesting you watch this video of Louie Giglio's - Incredible)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azFFc20_Ub4

Whom Shall I fear... if i'll be with GOD.
No matter where we live, we all same in front of GOD.
But our faith will define how strong we're shining...
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I think these flat earthers need to hear a teaching on "The Deeps" by a Gap Theorist because their interpretation of a dome/vault over the earth is a totally wrong interpretation of course I doubt it would change their mind.

Because the vault is this in Job 37:10 "By the breath of God frost is given:and the breadth of the waters is straightened." Which is why the vault is described as hard but it is straight and not curved or circling the earth like certian young earthers teach,this seperates Heaven where God is from the second heaven which is outerspace but it also seperates God from us,this was created on the 2nd day of the 6 days of restoration when God divided the waters and placed water above the firmament which is why God did not say it was good,this is also the crystal sea John talks about in the Book of Revelation.

This is a brief teaching on it but these kinds of flawed interpretations from flat-earthers of the bible about a dome over the earth happen when we don't understand the bible properly.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Nicki wrote:My question would be, if the earth was flat, how would it be possible to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans between the continents? I think airline pilots would be aware they were flying in some kind of arc to stay over the ocean and give the illusion of traversing either of those oceans, if it was not possible to actually circle the globe.
You are all FOOLS!

I am a commercial pilot, though not an airline pilot. Today, I flew a medevac over 2 degrees of lattitude, or 120+ nautical miles, and then I flew back to my departure airport. I can assure all of you that at no point in the flight did the earth gently curve from under me. The autopilot was set at 8,500 feet and we stayed at that altitude until a descent was commanded. Now, you foolish believers in a spherical earth would have a pilot constantly adjusting the altitude up until he reached the zenith of his route, then contantly adjusting the altitude down to continue on his path to destination. :pound:

Can you see the senselessness in that?!

As for your «...airline pilots would be aware that they were flying some sort of arc...» comment, may be it known to you (and other Phillistines) that «Great circle routes» are taught in ground school.

Lastly, Ricardo's Flat Earth map is correct except that it omits Antarctica. Antarctica forms the rim of our Flat Earth! The antarctic continent serves to keep all ocean water on the earth. This omission is an underhanded and deceitful attempt to discredit the Flat Earth Society.

:lookingcloser:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Nicki wrote:My question would be, if the earth was flat, how would it be possible to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans between the continents? I think airline pilots would be aware they were flying in some kind of arc to stay over the ocean and give the illusion of traversing either of those oceans, if it was not possible to actually circle the globe.
You are all FOOLS!

I am a commercial pilot, though not an airline pilot. Today, I flew a medevac over 2 degrees of lattitude, or 120+ nautical miles, and then I flew back to my departure airport. I can assure all of you that at no point in the flight did the earth gently curve from under me. The autopilot was set at 8,500 feet and we stayed at that altitude until a descent was commanded. Now, you foolish believers in a spherical earth would have a pilot constantly adjusting the altitude up until he reached the zenith of his route, then contantly adjusting the altitude down to continue on his path to destination. :pound:

Can you see the senselessness in that?!

As for your «...airline pilots would be aware that they were flying some sort of arc...» comment, may be it known to you (and other Phillistines) that «Great circle routes» are taught in ground school.

Lastly, Ricardo's Flat Earth map is correct except that it omits Antarctica. Antarctica forms the rim of our Flat Earth! The antarctic continent serves to keep all ocean water on the earth. This omission is an underhanded and deceitful attempt to discredit the Flat Earth Society.

:lookingcloser:
The newest apologetix parody song I've heard for you.
Inyerface Love Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2L0ZZC8PM
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PeterAV
Newbie Member

Post by PeterAV »

Hope67 wrote:Now, now....I'm looking for scripture...not a geography lesson. Just a wild concept and want to know if there is interpretation from a biblical perspective. So far I have that the earth is on pillars, there are four corners for winds, the sun stopped rotating during a battle and God "fixed" the heavenly bodies for signs and seasons. God speaks of the sun rising in the east....not the earth rolling around...just a thought...I don't know WHAT to make of it.
There are lots and lots of verses describing the make-up of the earth.
Genesis one shows that the sun moon and stars are in/under the firmament.
One day the stars will fall to the earth, so science is lying off the get go.
Always trust only the bible and never ever opinions.

I have found about 200 bible verses that expose the faked rotating ball earth, and promote the geocentric non-moving flat earth. I have also found out that science today is not empirical, but mostly theoretical in nature.
Right from the lies of Copernicus, with NO PROOF, I might add; to Einsteins faked relativity to shore up the evolutionary fakery going on in science today is as Paul stated.

When the sun stood still, was there reports from other cultures of the earth suddenly stopping? Nope! But they all have one of the sun stopping. It is all a no brainer when you trust the bible and your own eyes.

PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Speaking of the moon...

It must be full.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

if that's full, then the moon's cup runneth over :esurprised: :ewink:

y/:] i'm hoping audie doesn't catch wind of this one ... if so darling, play nice with the new kids. y:-? :D
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

PeterAV wrote:Always trust only the bible and never ever opinions.
:shelp:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

:comeon:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

The Round Earth Theory is a conspiracy theory perpetrated by the illuminati to convince people not to believe in God.
pulvis sum
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

HappyFlappyEnabler wrote:The Round Earth Theory is a conspiracy theory perpetrated by the illuminati to convince people not to believe in God.
Welcome back HFT!

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by crochet1949 »

I thought that a 'flat' earth was discredited Way back when Megillin or someone sailed off in One direction and came back later from the opposite direction. And haven't astronauts observed a Long time ago the shape of planets?
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

crochet1949 wrote:I thought that a 'flat' earth was discredited Way back when Megillin or someone sailed off in One direction and came back later from the opposite direction. And haven't astronauts observed a Long time ago the shape of planets?
This is the map according to (most) FErs: https://www.google.hr/search?q=flat+ear ... F8uMLFM%3A
which explains the first part of your question.

As for the second part of the question, they do not believe man was ever in space and that all of the images are a fallacy. Also, no satellites, that means no GPS, etc etc.

You can read more on their forums: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/