FLAT EARTH ANYBODY?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: FLAT EARTH ANYBODY?

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:
Nicki wrote:My question would be, if the earth was flat, how would it be possible to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans between the continents? I think airline pilots would be aware they were flying in some kind of arc to stay over the ocean and give the illusion of traversing either of those oceans, if it was not possible to actually circle the globe.
Here's a flat earth map. See for yourself.
That would make it a very long way to travel east from Asia to the Americas, or vice versa west - of course there would be a quick short-cut but that wouldn't uphold a conspiracy of a spherical Earth!
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

Starhunter wrote:
Nicki wrote:My question would be, if the earth was flat, how would it be possible to fly over both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans between the continents? I think airline pilots would be aware they were flying in some kind of arc to stay over the ocean and give the illusion of traversing either of those oceans, if it was not possible to actually circle the globe.
If there earth was not a globe it would be a lot easier to navigate, like you said, they have to adjust a straight flight into an arc, or turning points.
I meant that if there was a conspiracy which the OP seemed to be alluding to, to keep the flatness of the Earth a secret, planes would have to fly some route which gave the passengers the impression of flying over the Atlantic or Pacific, instead of taking a convenient short-cut across the continents. I don't think too many people actually believe the theory but I just wanted to put in my two cents!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

How do they address space travel?
I mean, people that have gone into space had orbited the planet.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

PaulSacramento wrote:How do they address space travel?
No, the entire universe is flat, we are just the stuffing in the midst of the universal Oreo therefore, the stuffing is made up of really big round molecules called planets between to flat pieces of nothingness y*-:)

Now, Where is my Noble Peace Prize? :thanks:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

No, the entire universe is flat, we are just the stuffing in the midst of the universal Oreo therefore, the stuffing is made up of really big round molecules called planets between to flat pieces of nothingness y*-:)

Now, Where is my Noble Peace Prize? :thanks:
-
:pound: It's in the mail, 1st time category: physics,literature and cookie baking combined !
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Many Flat Earthers believe the proof of space travel is made up. Space travel is simply a conspiracy.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
Many Flat Earthers believe the proof of space travel is made up. Space travel is simply a conspiracy.
AH, I see.
Weird.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

It is definitely not flat here in East Tennessee.

They don't call it Rocky Top for nuttin.
Oh, and we do get our corn from a jar.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

jlay wrote:It is definitely not flat here in East Tennessee.

They don't call it Rocky Top for nuttin.
Oh, and we do get our corn from a jar.

Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

The bastardized form of gravity that would have to exist for the earth to be flat would be one hell of a trip.

I also did some exploring on the flat earth society website. It's very poor entertainment at most. If I remember correctly one of the "flat earthers" wrote an article about "how dark matter makes the world flat." It basically said dark matter makes the world flat......because.......dark matter.
pulvis sum
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

Apparently a 'very famous' flat earther was assassinated by obama. They don't know his name but he was very famous.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/foru ... ic=64105.0

The acid trip these people are on...........
pulvis sum
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Another belief, not connected with the Bible, is that the earth is hollow and we and the rest of the universe are on the inside.
Instead of saying that humans live on the outside surface of a hollow planet — sometimes called a "convex" hollow-Earth hypothesis — some have claimed humans live on the inside surface of a hollow spherical world, so that our universe itself lies in that world's interior. This has been called the "concave" hollow-Earth hypothesis.

Cyrus Teed, a doctor from upstate New York, proposed such a concave hollow Earth in 1869, calling his scheme "Cellular Cosmogony".[40] Teed founded a group called the Koreshan Unity based on this notion, which he called Koreshanity. The main colony survives as a preserved Florida state historic site, at Estero, Florida, but all of Teed's followers have now died. Teed's followers claimed to have experimentally verified the concavity of the Earth's curvature, through surveys of the Florida coastline making use of "rectilineator" equipment.

Several twentieth-century German writers, including Peter Bender, Johannes Lang, Karl Neupert, and Fritz Braun, published works advocating the hollow Earth hypothesis, or Hohlweltlehre. It has even been reported, although apparently without historical documentation, that Adolf Hitler was influenced by concave hollow-Earth ideas and sent an expedition in an unsuccessful attempt to spy on the British fleet by pointing infrared cameras up at the sky
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Ea ... low_Earths
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Well I just saw that on the FE forum there is a thread with a plan to fund a campaign worth $4 million for the FE society to organize a trip to Antarctica and then further to the ice wall/rim. They even want to hire a private security outfit as they are concerned, Nasa's military agents could kill them if they realized what these FE's are about to discover and shatter the science behind a round earth.

To be honest it seems even FE's don't have much to put their cash on it either, as the forum has raised around $1300 in more than a year.

As bonkers as it may sound, I swear its there. :lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:Well I just saw that on the FE forum there is a thread with a plan to fund a campaign worth $4 million for the FE society to organize a trip to Antarctica and then further to the ice wall/rim. They even want to hire a private security outfit as they are concerned, Nasa's military agents could kill them if they realized what these FE's are about to discover and shatter the science behind a round earth.

To be honest it seems even FE's don't have much to put their cash on it either, as the forum has raised around $1300 in more than a year.

Neo,

Where do I sign up to donate?

I have some extra money, and I'm trying to find a worthy cause to give it to.

:knight:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:Well I just saw that on the FE forum there is a thread with a plan to fund a campaign worth $4 million for the FE society to organize a trip to Antarctica and then further to the ice wall/rim. They even want to hire a private security outfit as they are concerned, Nasa's military agents could kill them if they realized what these FE's are about to discover and shatter the science behind a round earth.

Neo,

Where do I sign up to donate?

I have some extra money, and I'm trying to find a worthy cause to give it to.

:knight:
For those of you who may be intrested to invest, please see the link
Official Flat-Earth Expedition Fundraiser Thread! Help us prove a flat-earth!

From the first post
"Through our education and discussions of a flat-earth, such hypothetical users as JonnyItzRound, Flatties-R-Fatties, or perhaps R0underThanYerPromDat3 will often say something of the ilk of, "Why don't you charter an expedition and go to location X, make a map, and prove a flat-earth?" Well Jonny, the reason that we do not charter an expedition to the dangerous location X is that we do not have the money. The reason that we do not make a map is that none of us are cartographers. This has thus far been our answer to the hundreds, if not thousands, or requests to "simply" charter an expedition.

But no more!!! This is the Official Flat Earth Expedition Fund Raising Thread!!! With your donations we will use the money to charter an expedition and, once and for all, prove a flat-earth! Continue reading for a brief Q&A to answer some of your burning questions.

Q&A
-What will you do to prove a flat-earth?
We will rent a boat, hire a crew, hire a cartographer, hire a wilderness expert, hire a mountain climbing expert, hire a medical expert, purchase provisions, purchase cold-weather gear, and buy/train sled dogs. In Phase I we will circumnavigate Antarctica to determine if it's an island or an ice rim. If Antarctica is determined to be an island we will leave it and head for the ice wall. If it is the rim, we will leave the boat and attempt to find the edge or end. This is Phase II. All the while we will be making maps and taking temperature and altitude measurements.

-What will this prove?
It will prove that there is an ice rim and we will have a map.

-Who will go on the expedition?
Not counting the crew and scientists listed above, there will be a flat-earth contingent decided upon by the Society's leadership as well as others (see donating benefits listed below).

-Do you expect this to turn into a fight-for-your-life cold-weather thriller like the movie Alien Vs Predator?
I do not.

-What problems or risks do you foresee?
Finding unindoctrinated scientists and crew willing to go on this expedition. There is also many inherent dangers in going into such extreme environments. There is also a real risk of health concerns when approaching the rim.

-How can I donate?
Capital question! Scroll to the bottom of this page or simply click here

Donation Rewards:
We know it's a lot to ask for your hard-earned money and sometimes the pursuit of science just isn't enough. So, we are prepared to offer the following rewards for donating. (Note: Please provide valid email address with donation so you can be contacted about your rewards)

$5 USD Donation: Thanks listed on the official expedition journal.

$15 USD Donation: Newly discovered minor geographical feature or landmark named after you. Example Sokarul's hole or Jroa's Landing.

$25 USD Donation: Official Flat Earth Expedition T-shirt (to depict new flat-earth map)

$50 USD Donation: Official Flat-Earth Expedition thread started in your honor in CN.

$100 USD Donation: Official Flat Earth Expedition Hoodie (to depict new flat-earth map)

$500 USD Donation: Your name added to the plaque left on the Ice Wall.

$1,000 USD Donation: Newly discovered species of plant or animal named after you (provided we discover enough to meet demand. Names given on a first donated, first named basis) Example Gayer antarimica

$10,000 USD Donation: Newly discovered major geographical feature or landmark named after you. Example The Markjo Mountains, Bishop Bluffs, The Plains of Parsifal.

$100,000 USD Donation: Invitation to accompany the expedition. (contingent on passing the physical requirements)

$1,000,000 USD Donation: Name associated with the forthcoming Nobel Prize.

DONATE HERE

Goal:
$4,000,000"
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com