End-time bible prophecy

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby abelcainsbrother » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 pm

firework wrote:I looked more carefully through your theory and tend to like it very much. Perhaps the Antichrist has Jewish heritage that he uses to deceive the Jewish people. I do believe that the Antichrist poses as Jesus for both Jewish and Islamic because that is the only way to get the temple built peacefully due to both believing Messiah/Jesus will return.
I am also fascinated by Bible prophecy as well as the end times. I am rather wet behind the ears though having only read the Bible once which was within the past half year or so. I would be glad to discuss such subjects with you though. I enjoy fresh perspectives ;-) I do tend to research views that others have for a more diverse pool of thought to decipher.
While I'm at it...what are your thoughts on the two witnesses (there's a little bit of prophecy about them scattered throughout the Bible). I would enjoy hearing your ideas. Thank you in advance. Also if there is anything in particular you would like my view on then I shall also reply....if I have a view because some things I am very much unsure of. Peace be with you new friend <3.


I think we all research views that others have and I have too.Through the years I've read many different books on bible prophecy,I've even went to bible prophecy seminars before and bought their teaching but after awhile you start to realize who is more right and who is'nt.My thoughts on the two witnesses Revelation chapter 11 are they are Enoch and Elijah.Matthew 17:11,Jude 1:14,Malachi 4:5-6,2nd Kings 2:11.I believe atleast one of them help the jews rebuild the temple and teach the jews about the Messiah also,but also gentiles too until they are killed,interestingly it says that when they are killed their dead bodies shall lay in the streets and the whole world shall see their dead bodies laying in the street and celebrate their death,this could only happen with world wide television we have today,it will be on the news,internet,etc and the whole world will be glad they are dead.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

firework
Acquainted Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby firework » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:42 pm

SoCalExile: I enjoyed that video and like the man's instruction on it. The funny thing is when he mentioned Israel was a third type, before he drew the spirals, I pictured something radiating outwardly from Israel then I thought of perfection in mathematics and pictured the Fibonacci Sequence...the perfect spiral. Thank you for sharing :-).

firework
Acquainted Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby firework » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Abelcainsbrother: I saw your video as well and enjoyed it. I do not listen to music often unless it praises God but that was funny and safe for me. Thank you for that :-D
I will need time tomorrow to review the scripture you quoted about Enoch and Elijah then will get back with you. Thank you very much for responding, it is much appreciated.

theophilus
Valued Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Contact:

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby theophilus » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:16 pm

SoCalExile wrote:Daniel 9:26 states that the antichrist will be from the same people that burnt the temple in 70ad. Many say this means he'll be Roman.

The soldiers who destroyed the temple were under Roman command but were recruited from the nations surrounding Judea. Today those nations are Muslim; this might mean that the Antichrist will be a Muslim.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2014/ ... abraham-2/

As far as how people look at prophecy in the Bible, they erroneously tend to look at it with a western, non-Jewish mindset.

Many scholars think there will be a revival of the Roman Empire in the last days. For this reason much attention is focused on Rome. They overlook the fact that the Roman Empire split in two; Rome was the capital of the Western empire and Constantinople was the capital of the Eastern empire. Since the Eastern empire lasted 900 years after the fall of the Western and it included it its territory Israel and the Middle East I think it is more likely that this is the empire that will be revived and through which the Antichrist will come to power.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ng-empire/
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.

SoCalExile
Valued Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:20 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby SoCalExile » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:27 pm

theophilus wrote:The soldiers who destroyed the temple were under Roman command but were recruited from the nations surrounding Judea. Today those nations are Muslim; this might mean that the Antichrist will be a Muslim.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2014/ ... abraham-2/


No Muslims in the 1st century. It's possible but presumptuous to assume that Daniel refers to the soldiers rather than their leader. If that's the case then it could be anyone within the Roman Empire, including a Jew.

I'm hesitant to say Muslim because that's the current "newspaper exegesis" that people are wrapped up in. Forty years ago it was the Russians, before that was the Nazis.

Prasch's point is that you can't build a definite road map because it's a pattern. So many Revelation timelines get put out and they're all different, and there's a possibility that 100% of them are wrong, as if Satan would ever willingly follow one or something. He's a deceiver, he's going to deceive. Now it's irrelevant what Satan's plans are, and the same goes for any timelines we have; it's all dependent on God's will. When we see the signs, we'll know it's coming - but it's a pattern, so we have to be attentive to ALL of what we are told in prophecy, not just pick out one part and think this is it.


Many scholars think there will be a revival of the Roman Empire in the last days. For this reason much attention is focused on Rome. They overlook the fact that the Roman Empire split in two; Rome was the capital of the Western empire and Constantinople was the capital of the Eastern empire. Since the Eastern empire lasted 900 years after the fall of the Western and it included it its territory Israel and the Middle East I think it is more likely that this is the empire that will be revived and through which the Antichrist will come to power.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ng-empire/


Fact is, we don't know yet. We won't know until it happens with the entire pattern being fulfilled.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:26 pm

SoCalExile wrote:Daniel 9:26 states that the antichrist will be from the same people that burnt the temple in 70ad. Many say this means he'll be Roman.

As far as how people look at prophecy in the Bible, they erroneously tend to look at it with a western, non-Jewish mindset. This guy explains it pretty well:



Is there anyway you can post the link to the video you posted?It says could not load plug in with a blank box,so I can't watch the video you posted.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:46 pm

SoCalExile wrote:
theophilus wrote:The soldiers who destroyed the temple were under Roman command but were recruited from the nations surrounding Judea. Today those nations are Muslim; this might mean that the Antichrist will be a Muslim.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2014/ ... abraham-2/


No Muslims in the 1st century. It's possible but presumptuous to assume that Daniel refers to the soldiers rather than their leader. If that's the case then it could be anyone within the Roman Empire, including a Jew.

I'm hesitant to say Muslim because that's the current "newspaper exegesis" that people are wrapped up in. Forty years ago it was the Russians, before that was the Nazis.

Prasch's point is that you can't build a definite road map because it's a pattern. So many Revelation timelines get put out and they're all different, and there's a possibility that 100% of them are wrong, as if Satan would ever willingly follow one or something. He's a deceiver, he's going to deceive. Now it's irrelevant what Satan's plans are, and the same goes for any timelines we have; it's all dependent on God's will. When we see the signs, we'll know it's coming - but it's a pattern, so we have to be attentive to ALL of what we are told in prophecy, not just pick out one part and think this is it.


Many scholars think there will be a revival of the Roman Empire in the last days. For this reason much attention is focused on Rome. They overlook the fact that the Roman Empire split in two; Rome was the capital of the Western empire and Constantinople was the capital of the Eastern empire. Since the Eastern empire lasted 900 years after the fall of the Western and it included it its territory Israel and the Middle East I think it is more likely that this is the empire that will be revived and through which the Antichrist will come to power.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ng-empire/


Fact is, we don't know yet. We won't know until it happens with the entire pattern being fulfilled.


The bible has prophecied many things that were not there yet so I don't see your point,much, about no muslims.I agree we need to be careful however I also think there is a tad misunderstanding as I'm not saying the anti-christ will be a muslim because Daniel says he will not regard the god of his fathers.

I said the anti-christ comes from Babylon and I believe it but what people overlook is that the anti-christ will decieve the world including muslims,you see muslims will view the anti-christ as their Majdi,he will decieve them and there are many reasons to believe this based on first how no muslim will allow the jews to rebuild a temple on the temple mount,every muslim in the world would go to war to prevent it,however if it was who muslims seen as their Majdi and he allowed the jews to rebuild the temple?

Muslims would allow it,The anti-christ seems peaceful at first and really seems to establish peace in the middle east something nobody has been able to do,but also those who reject the mark of the beast are beheaded and muslim terrorists be-head people as we see in the news so this makes much more sense than thinking from a Rome perspective although I do believe the Roman empire will be revived as it will lead the new world order/one world government coming which means something happens to weaken America but also as I showed above or on the other page this is the 7th empire that makes up the 7 heads on the scarlet colored beast and it only continues a short space when it is taken over by the 8th and final kingdom the mark of the beast system that comes from Babylon until Jesus comes.This is why Jesus destroys Babylon as he is returning.Isaiah13:19-20
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:03 pm

I know how it looks in Iraq now but you need to remember that Iraq is sitting on oil,remember when Saddam Hussein lit them on fire in the gulf war of Bush 1? And in Daniel it sais the anti-christ enters peacefully among the fattest places of the province and that hebrew word for "fattest" has to do with oil.So Babylon will come back.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

firework
Acquainted Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby firework » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Abelcainsbrother: I had a chance to review your cited scripture but I cannot seem to notice solid evidence just statements with various possible meanings. What came to mind to me is that God never changes and He has always used different people (not people from a different time). I am also reminded of when John the Baptist arrived and Jesus said Elijah has returned but the people did not recognize him. Keep in mind prophecies tend to connect in part to different moments in time. Basically, what it seems to be really is that the two witnesses will come in the spirit of Elijah. I am not so good at explaining this so I happened across a website and would like to hear your thoughts. I only have phone internet so the address may not work for you. They are called ecclesia.org if the address doesn't work.
ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:35 pm

firework wrote:Abelcainsbrother: I had a chance to review your cited scripture but I cannot seem to notice solid evidence just statements with various possible meanings. What came to mind to me is that God never changes and He has always used different people (not people from a different time). I am also reminded of when John the Baptist arrived and Jesus said Elijah has returned but the people did not recognize him. Keep in mind prophecies tend to connect in part to different moments in time. Basically, what it seems to be really is that the two witnesses will come in the spirit of Elijah. I am not so good at explaining this so I happened across a website and would like to hear your thoughts. I only have phone internet so the address may not work for you. They are called ecclesia.org if the address doesn't work.
ecclesia.org/truth/enoch.html



That is OK if you disagree with who I think are the two witnesses there are prophecy teachers that can teach it alot better than I could.I might try to find a good teaching about it and post it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

SoCalExile
Valued Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:20 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby SoCalExile » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:36 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
SoCalExile wrote:Daniel 9:26 states that the antichrist will be from the same people that burnt the temple in 70ad. Many say this means he'll be Roman.

As far as how people look at prophecy in the Bible, they erroneously tend to look at it with a western, non-Jewish mindset. This guy explains it pretty well:



Is there anyway you can post the link to the video you posted?It says could not load plug in with a blank box,so I can't watch the video you posted.


https://youtu.be/tp128ijK0ek
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3804
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby abelcainsbrother » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:25 am

SoCalExile wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
SoCalExile wrote:Daniel 9:26 states that the antichrist will be from the same people that burnt the temple in 70ad. Many say this means he'll be Roman.

As far as how people look at prophecy in the Bible, they erroneously tend to look at it with a western, non-Jewish mindset. This guy explains it pretty well:



Is there anyway you can post the link to the video you posted?It says could not load plug in with a blank box,so I can't watch the video you posted.


https://youtu.be/tp128ijK0ek


I thought it was a good teaching.Thanks for giving me the link.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

firework
Acquainted Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: End-time bible prophecy

Postby firework » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Abelcainsbrother: I apologize if I came off as one set in their ways. The truth is I have no trouble altering my views if I am shown solid reasons why I should think otherwise. I am actually very interested in the links you mentioned because growth is most important. Thank you for your continual response. I find you to be kind and accepting and am pleased to have met you...with hope in your response including links :-D may peace be upon you.


Return to “End Times”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests