POPE FRANCIS AND RICK WARREN TO UNITE FOR GLOBAL CHRISLAM

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

POPE FRANCIS AND RICK WARREN TO UNITE FOR GLOBAL CHRISLAM

Post by Stu »

How can they even think this is alright.

POPE FRANCIS AND RICK WARREN TO UNITE FOR GLOBAL CHRISLAM CONFERENCE

THE COMING ONE WORLD RELIGION GROWS IN STRENGTH DAILY

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4

On Monday, November 17, 2014, Pope Francis will host a global ecumenical conference featuring Muslim leaders, pagans, and Chrislam founder Rick Warren from Saddleback Church in California. The official website says that the Colloquium is sponsored by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and co-sponsored by the Pontifical Council for the Family, the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue, and
 the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of Christian Unity.

The conference will be held Nov. 17-19 at the Vatican, and is expected to feature more than 30 speakers from over 20 countries. According to the Catholic News Service, those of the Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, Jaina Shasana, Taoist and Sikh religions will be present, as well as Roman Catholics and professing Christians. Note the high number of professing pagan religions that will be represented there. The Pope doesn’t care what you believe as long as you follow Rome.

The Complementarity of Man and Woman: An International Colloquium is a gathering of leaders and scholars from many religions across the globe, to examine and propose anew the beauty of the relationship between the man and the woman, in order to support and reinvigorate marriage and family life for the flourishing of human society.

But beyond it’s stated purpose, the real reason for the global confab is to continue Pope Francis’ work of merging all religions into the One World Religion mentioned in the book of Revelation. Any excuse for a get together is fine, so long as all religions agree to lay down before the Vatican and get in line behind the Pope.

Last year, Anglican priest and close friend of Pope Francis Tony Palmer gave an impassioned plea to Kenneth Copeland’s church to “return home to Mother Rome”, only to die mere months later in a mysterious motorcycle accident.

Source
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: POPE FRANCIS AND RICK WARREN TO UNITE FOR GLOBAL CHRISLA

Post by RickD »

Don't know if the article is true, but coming from that website, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I quickly looked over the website, and a couple of red flags were raised in my mind. First, they're King James onlyists. Second, I see all kinds of articles about conspiracy theories. Specifically one about 9/11, and no planes hitting the World Trade Center towers.

And the site says that they want the US to get back to its Godly roots. Where everyone had life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You know, those same roots that afforded African slaves no liberty and freedom.

In my experience, these types of sites focus on conspiracies behind every door. I'm not saying the article is not true. Just be cautious with sites like that.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:In my experience, these types of sites focus on conspiracies behind every door. I'm not saying the article is not true. Just be cautious with sites like that.
You're getting too politically correct, Rick! I'll call the article untrue. I don't even have to read it. The title alone is all the :fruitcake: I need.

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Christianity Today on the occasion in November 17-19
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Christianity Today on the occasion in November 17-19
Well, I'll eat my hat! Pope Francis seems to care about what Rick Warren thinks! This would have never happenned under Benedict XVI.

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Saw this last week on the news while in Tennessee...

Washington Cathedral’s first Muslim prayer service interrupted by heckler
November 11, 2014

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/201 ... story.html

Now read this:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/musl ... eback.html

Again a rather long article:

http://www.beliefnet.com/News/Articles/ ... versy.aspx

You decide...

As for the Pope, here is the July 2014 CBS report that discusses the controversy without the hype...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQJR1mAMLk
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:You decide...
I'm not Catholic, but I long for the days of Benedict XVI. At least he had cojones and could stand up to "interfaith ecumenicalism" ...I wonder what Byblos makes of all this?

An evangelist that I occasionally see on TV, Jack van Impe, has been harping on Chrislam for a long time now...maybe I should be paying more attention to him.

FL :(

+ + +

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
I'm not Catholic, but I long for the days of Benedict XVI. At least he had cojones and could stand up to "interfaith ecumenicalism" ...I wonder what Byblos makes of all this?
It's social grand-standing for better interfaith relations (you know the saying about bees and honey). It has nothing to do with theology.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Byblos wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
It's social grand-standing for better interfaith relations (you know the saying about bees and honey). It has nothing to do with theology.
It well maybe social grandstanding but that does not make it correct.

What Chrislam attempts to do is blend and not offend. In other words, it only applies to Christians, Jews, Buddhist, Taoist, Hindus not offending Muslims with proselytizing while Muslims are permitted to offend by proselytizing. Their religion espouses deceit, and trickery to establish sharia law upon all. See CFR article on sharai law here.

Thus is a mixing really justified?

How would Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (1090–1153 AD) long ago handled this today?
Always zealous for the Lord, Bernard did not shy away from controversy. In vigorous debate he confronted compromise in the church, especially the growing rationalism of his day that he saw in the universities. He also summoned the nobility of Europe to unite against the military threat of Islam.Quoted form an article linked here
How come once before, Islam was seen as a direct threat but now it is not just as Chrislam teaches?

We are living in amazing times... 2 Timothy 3:13
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

"Terrorism and fighting terrorism" are just as bad?

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/Newsitem/t ... ntent=1474

It appears that Pope Francis really is a fruitcake after all.

FL :fruitcake:

+ + +

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Article ends with
Unbelievable as it may sound, the representative of Christianity on earth believes that somehow "flower power" can prevail over a horde of jihadists whose ultimate goal is to raise the flag of the Caliphate over St. Peter’s Basilica.

It was of people like this that is has been said, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Well...
:shock:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

It is a very valid view that only love can defeat hate.
Hate begets hate and death and killing only bring about more killing.
Fighting terrorism is on of the hardest things to do because the very action of fighting it, creates more terrorists.
BUT, not doing anything is simply unacceptable and allowing terrorists to get away with terror is simply unacceptable.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Because we all know if we don't fight back against terrorists, they'll stop terrorizing....
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:Because we all know if we don't fight back against terrorists, they'll stop terrorizing....
No, we know that isn't the case.
Of course what we have currently been doing has been working out so well...

The issue is that we CAN'T allow for terrorist to think they can kill with no repercussion, that is unacceptable.
BUT we must also realize that hunting them down and killing them does NOT solve the problem, the bigger issue which is WHY there are terrorists.

I am kind of old school about this stuff ( neither seek NOR shun the fight) and I am well aware that terrorism is a valid form of warfare ( it's been done since the dawn of military action) BUT what has been also proven over and over again is that killing terrorists does NOT prevent terrorism in general.

We must be painful aware that ever military action against a terrorist group is propaganda for them and a recruitment tool for them.

We get stuck in a catch-22:
We can NOT let them get away with it.
Retaliation is WHY they do act of terrorism.

Every time we fight back and attack them in "their home", we fall into their trap and proving that we are the "invaders".
Every time there is ONE innocent causality they recruit.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't...

The only way to truly fight terrorism is to prevent it from starting.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Prevent Satan from doing wrong... :shock:

#foreverinmyheart