Proof we are in the last days MORE EARTHQUAKES!

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Proof we are in the last days MORE EARTHQUAKES!

Post by DRDS »

http://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/2014/02 ... -places-3/

IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE OH YEAH BABY, IT'S TRUE! YOU CAN'T DENY THESE STATS! TAKE THAT, MR. "ALL IS WELL" CROWD!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: Proof we are in the last days MORE EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Silvertusk »

Probably not a good idea to get too excited about earthquakes as they tend to kill a lot of people. Nothing to get excited about. And it may well be the case that there are more earthquakes because of a natural process - such as coming out of an ice age - or going back into one for example who knows. And if the end times are imminent - how many people do you know that are still not believers. There are lot of my very close friends and family who do not believe - As much as I want to see Jesus - I don't want to lose these people that I love as well.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Silvertusk wrote:Probably not a good idea to get too excited about earthquakes as they tend to kill a lot of people. Nothing to get excited about. And it may well be the case that there are more earthquakes because of a natural process - such as coming out of an ice age - or going back into one for example who knows. And if the end times are imminent - how many people do you know that are still not believers. There are lot of my very close friends and family who do not believe - As much as I want to see Jesus - I don't want to lose these people that I love as well.
Trust me many people (my family as well) will convert once the end times begin. They will see that all we (I take it you have been telling them about what is coming as well?) have spoken about coming to pass. And there will be no denying what we said is true. Does the Bible not say that many will see the light in the end times?

Sad thing is there's a chance that some in my family probably won't come to Jesus if the end times don't come as they have been indoctrinated by modern science. So I won't be disappointed if the end times arrive as I know my family will then come to know Jesus. Sad but true. Eternity is more important than the here and now.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics ... quakes.php
We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.

A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes.

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.
Perfectly explainable reason. Not proof of the end times I'm afraid.

And it's not atheists desperately scrambling to find an explanation to avoid having to face the end times, it's a casual answer to questions about there being a rise in earthquakes in past decades.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

No worries Silvertusk I was referring to some others in the end times section of the site from another thread, they know who they are. They would probably be proud to call themselves the "all is well" people. They be like this guy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro They are the 2Peter 3:3-5 guys, yeah, they too, are helping fulfill end times prophecy yes sir! That they be!
PeteSinCA
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by PeteSinCA »

DRDS wrote:No worries Silvertusk I was referring to some others in the end times section of the site from another thread, they know who they are. They would probably be proud to call themselves the "all is well" people. They be like this guy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro They are the 2Peter 3:3-5 guys, yeah, they too, are helping fulfill end times prophecy yes sir! That they be!
If by this you are referring to me, you show you don't know or understand me. There is a difference between denying that Jesus will return and being careful about claims of signs of imminence (sp?). I understand the fact that Jesus will return to be a fundamental teaching of the Christian faith. I also understand that the Pre-Mil, Pre-Trib view of prophecy is not the only view held among Christian believers, and I lived through the Late Great alarmism/hype of the 1970s (not to mention the unrelated lunacy of the late-but-not-great Harold Camping). Caution is not denial; nor is focusing one's energy on being and becoming more like Christ denial.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

DRDS wrote:No worries Silvertusk I was referring to some others in the end times section of the site from another thread, they know who they are. They would probably be proud to call themselves the "all is well" people. They be like this guy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro They are the 2Peter 3:3-5 guys, yeah, they too, are helping fulfill end times prophecy yes sir! That they be!
Any actual rebuttal instead of just labeling me a blind denialist?

So sorry that your cries of doom have perfectly explainable reasons aside from "it's the end times". Maybe I give God a bit more credit than expecting people to believe BS in order to realise the end times are actually coming.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

I just don't understand why you are willingly blind to the obvious. Look all around you! The earthquakes are just a small fraction. Take the middle east, look at all the other countries like the Ukraine, Egypt, Syria that are all in a mess with no possible end in sight.

Look at the sinkholes that are popping up all over the world. Take a look at all the unusual apocalyptic weather going on all over the world for the past few years. Look at the rise and social acceptance of Islam, atheism, or homosexuality, same sex marriage, abortion, just utter moral decay everywhere! Look at our national debt http://www.usdebtclock.org/.

Oh and let's not forget the stuff going on in space like the comets, meteors and asteroids appearing more often and closer to earth in these last few years than ever before! I could go on and I still haven't even opened my mouth about the Illuminati yet in this thread, but regardless of your willing willful blindness it's out there and they exist and they don't have our best interest at heart.

But heck, arguing with you all is like arguing with atheists, you already have your mind made up and you don't want to be confused with the facts. So with that I'll let the PROFESSOR S-P-E-L-L it out for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWbM2RVD9tI
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Seraph wrote:Any actual rebuttal instead of just labeling me a blind denialist?

So sorry that your cries of doom have perfectly explainable reasons aside from "it's the end times". Maybe I give God a bit more credit than expecting people to believe BS in order to realise the end times are actually coming.
Careful there, I wouldn't be too quick to be labeling stuff as BS. The Bible does refer to earthquakes.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DRDS wrote:I just don't understand why you are willingly blind to the obvious. Look all around you! The earthquakes are just a small fraction. Take the middle east, look at all the other countries like the Ukraine, Egypt, Syria that are all in a mess with no possible end in sight.

Look at the sinkholes that are popping up all over the world. Take a look at all the unusual apocalyptic weather going on all over the world for the past few years. Look at the rise and social acceptance of Islam, atheism, or homosexuality, same sex marriage, abortion, just utter moral decay everywhere! Look at our national debt http://www.usdebtclock.org/.

Oh and let's not forget the stuff going on in space like the comets, meteors and asteroids appearing more often and closer to earth in these last few years than ever before! I could go on and I still haven't even opened my mouth about the Illuminati yet in this thread, but regardless of your willing willful blindness it's out there and they exist and they don't have our best interest at heart.

But heck, arguing with you all is like arguing with atheists, you already have your mind made up and you don't want to be confused with the facts. So with that I'll let the PROFESSOR S-P-E-L-L it out for you.

I'm with you brother 100% in thinking that the end times are imminent. But let not chastise our fellow Christians too much, let the people believe what they want. I know it's frustrating but when the SHTF they will know exactly what it is.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Yeah I agree Stu, it keeps getting closer and closer each day.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

DRDS wrote:I just don't understand why you are willingly blind to the obvious. Look all around you! The earthquakes are just a small fraction. Take the middle east, look at all the other countries like the Ukraine, Egypt, Syria that are all in a mess with no possible end in sight.

Take ANY period in time and you'll find stuff as atrocious as anything going on today happening. Massacres and genocides have been happening nonstop since the dawn of humanity. The Nanking massacre happened nearly 100 years ago, where 50,000 people were helplessly slaughtered as others were buried alive. And that's not even close to the deadliest or cruelest genocide in history. Gays getting married is hardly any worse than that...

Live in your bubble, I don't care.
Last edited by Seraph on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Stu wrote:
Seraph wrote:Any actual rebuttal instead of just labeling me a blind denialist?

Careful there, I wouldn't be too quick to be labeling stuff as BS. The Bible does refer to earthquakes.
And as the link I posted shows, the average number of earthquakes per year has NOT been increasing over time.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Seraph wrote:

Take ANY period in time and you'll find stuff as atrocious as anything going on today happening. Massacres and genocides have been happening nonstop since the dawn of humanity. The Nanking massacre happened nearly 100 years ago, where 50,000 people were helplessly slaughtered as others were buried alive. And that's not even close to the deadliest or cruelest genocide in history. Gays getting married is hardly any worse than that...

Live in your bubble, I don't care.
Fine, I'll go live in my bubble and you can go "back to sleep" be sure to take your "I :heart: Obama" plush teddy sheep to bed with you as you go!
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

More ad hominem, still no argumentative substance.