Do u think end of days is here

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Starhunter
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Do u think end of days is here

Post by Starhunter »

When I was 15 years old, I wanted to know for myself what the Bible said about end times, because visits by Mormons, JW's and other religions were common at the time.

I had not read Revelation before, and in the weeks following a got a panoramic 'view' of all the basic events leading up to the return of Christ as a war lord, to rescue His persecuted people.

It quickly dawned on me that the popular religions of the day had absolutely no idea of what was written and how it all pans out.
There was this naivety that so long as we are all happy in church it will be fine, which still continues today, and on the other hand there were fanatics who could not wait to see trouble in the world to capitalize on for their cloistered followings.

I also became familiar with bigotry, which is the main cause that one religion will oppose another regardless of scriptural evidence, and I saw a need to examine any targeted religions with the Bible.

The argument that there are so many interpretations of the Bible, specifically with Daniel and Revelation, that this justifies avoidance, is the excuse made by those who have not done their homework. Every species of evil doctrine is held by this weak argument, and those who fail to educate themselves will see the results of despising truth.

Many act as though the sacrifice of the Son of God can be trifled with by having what they call a 'simple' faith, which is really an excuse for spiritual laziness. If the wise men of the east had that attitude, God would not have honored their diligence by a guiding star.

God will save the simple, but not the willingly ignorant.

We are not asked by God to understand all of scripture, but we must know what is written and what is not.

The trouble with creeds and every wind of doctrine is that people will go along with what's offered without testing things personally.

One religion will teach a truth that another opposes. If you read on some of the aberrants in this forum you ought to know that some of them teach true Biblical doctrines rejected by the forum, and yes, these aberrants hold obviously false doctrines as well. Where does that leave us, except with an obligation to find out for ourselves?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

We are not asked by God to understand all of scripture, but we must know what is written and what is not.

The trouble with creeds and every wind of doctrine is that people will go along with what's offered without testing things personally.
The Bible is here from God for us.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
acid1103
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by acid1103 »

neo-x wrote:I think its a futile exercise thinking about something we are told we can't figure out in the first place. Sure the sigbs are a big tell but honestly these signs are not quite clear, and picking them up from revelations is quite interpretative and not really concise or clear at all. Its any body's guess at the end. And history has shown us that anyone who guessed it in the last 2000 years, was wrong.
"Do not treat prophecies with contempt, but test them all." - 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21

I'm not saying that you're treating prophecies with contempt or anything, I'm simply saying we were given these prophecies for a reason. And they even say that we will understand them in the end times. It doesn't say to what extent or if we will universally agree on an interpretation, but it does say that we will understand.

Also, as far as I'm aware (and correct me if I'm wrong,) the bible never says we can't understand the prophecies. In fact, as I just got through saying, it says (or at least implies) quite the opposite. So, your calling it futile, if I'm correct, is non-biblical and, therefore, wrong.

But, I'm not trying to call you out our make you look bad or stupid, so take no offense. I'm simply trying to show you what scripture says in hopes that I will remove your assumption that we will never understand the prophecies. y>:D<
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I do believe we have been in the last days since Israel became a nation however too many prophecy teachers get out ahead of bible prophecy when it is clear that more prophecies have to be fulfilled before Jesus comes back,and so eventhough we are in the last days we are not close to the 2nd coming of Jesus or the rapture.

We cannot skim over prophecies that have to be fulfilled first and we should learn from all of the prophecy books written before Israel became a nation when they were claiming they were in the last days.No one should've been thinking we are in the last days until Israel was a nation,we should learn from our Christian forefathers who were wrong that got ahead of prophecies that must be fulfilled before Jesus comes back.Let every thing prophesied be fulfilled in God's time not yours.

Just because prophecy teachers have been wrong and got out ahead of prophecies that must be fulfilled before Jesus comes does not taint God's word or end-times bible prophecy it taints them for getting out ahead of what God's word prophesies and so we can know when we are close to the coming of Jesus if we let the prophecies be revealed in God's timing and not get ahead and ignore prophecies that must be fulfilled first.Do not be discouraged in end-times bible prophecy as a Christian or think it is not important or think nobody can know or understand it because you can if you "Let God be true and every man a liar."
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I love bible prophecy and it was like a hobby of mine for years but I feel like the Lord has led me in a different area for now and so I don't keep up with it as much as I used to but I have read and listened to many different end-time bible prophecy teachers and out of all of them I like Perry Stone the best out of all the ones I have read and listened to.I recommend his teachings if you are interested in end-time bible prophecy as I seem to have the least of complaints when I listen to his teachings on it LOL!
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

abelcainsbrother wrote:eventhough we are in the last days we are not close to the 2nd coming of Jesus or the rapture.
We are certainly not close to the second coming; there is still a seven year tribulation that must take place before then. But what prophecies need to be fulfilled before the rapture? Paul considered it possible that the rapture could take place while he was still alive.

For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
(1 Thessalonians 4:15 ESV)

We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
(1 Corinthians 15:51-52 ESV)
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

theophilus wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:eventhough we are in the last days we are not close to the 2nd coming of Jesus or the rapture.
We are certainly not close to the second coming; there is still a seven year tribulation that must take place before then. But what prophecies need to be fulfilled before the rapture? Paul considered it possible that the rapture could take place while he was still alive.

For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
(1 Thessalonians 4:15 ESV)

We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
(1 Corinthians 15:51-52 ESV)
Yes I agree we are in the last days and not close to the 2nd coming or the rapture just based on the fact that if the rapture happened today there is no way everything described that happens during the tribulation could be fulfilled in just 7 years.That is easy "asleep" means "die but because we have everlasting life we are just asleep awaiting the rapture" now if you accept the rapture like I do then there will be people who are still alive and have not died when the rapture happens.Paul is not contradicting himself because in 2nd Thessalonians 2:1-3 tells us that the rapture will not happen until the anti-Christ is revealed and if you accept the rapture like I do it will be a gathering in the sky where those of us who have died or not rise up to meet the Lord in the air.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

The problem is we are not following what Paul told us to do when he taught us how to use the gifts of the Holy spirit properly.Read 1st Corinthians 14:29-32 concerning prophecy or prophets.