The Four Blood Moons

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Four Blood Moons

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:This thread has made Uncle Klown sad. :crying:
Send in the clowns...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5os4NFeKFFs[/youtube]
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Gman wrote: I'm glad I said it because it is the truth. In fact I'm going to say it more. And you should be ashamed of your silly rapture theory too. This doctrine is very hurtful to the Jewish people. Floating away on some cloud from your leather coach while the Jews face another holocaust? If that is what you believe then I have pity for you. Seriously. y[-(
Shouldn't it be sad that ANY race of people just watches and suffers damnation? Why is it sad in particular if the Jewish people get left behind? Why would God be constantly thinking "but what about the Jews?" as apposed to "what about the Aboriginies? What about the Chinese? What about the Native Americans?" If God thinks higher of a person simply because they are Jewish, then it would seem that God is a bit racist to all who aren't Jewish.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Seraph wrote:
Shouldn't it be sad that ANY race of people just watches and suffers damnation? Why is it sad in particular if the Jewish people get left behind? Why would God be constantly thinking "but what about the Jews?" as apposed to "what about the Aboriginies? What about the Chinese? What about the Native Americans?" If God thinks higher of a person simply because they are Jewish, then it would seem that God is a bit racist to all who aren't Jewish.
Of course G-d loves all people and He made all people too and wants none to perish 2 Peter 3:9. But He has also commissioned a group of people to be His oracles.

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

And again, G-d has not repudiated His Jewish people Romans 11:1-2, and they are still His chosen people Romans 11:11. Why? Because G-d did not destroy His covenants He made with them Romans 11:28-29. Because they are more righteous? No, because they, like us, were never righteous. Because of the promises He made to them many years ago Genesis 17:7.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
BobLoblah
Newbie Member

Post by BobLoblah »

18Apr14.....ALL predictions of the End of the World are only guesses. Jesus Christ himself said " you know not the hour nor the day when you will see God and the Son of Man coming in all their glory ".

Much money has been made by soothsayers :lol: :lol: of every nationality on this topic. They should be told to get lost.

As Mr. Barnum of P.T. Barnum Circus once said...' there is a sucker born every minute '.

Ps:.....Sometimes there's more brains in a bottle of wadda...BobLoblah

BobLoblah
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

BobLoblah wrote:18Apr14.....ALL predictions of the End of the World are only guesses. Jesus Christ himself said " you know not the hour nor the day when you will see God and the Son of Man coming in all their glory ".

Much money has been made by soothsayers :lol: :lol: of every nationality on this topic. They should be told to get lost.

As Mr. Barnum of P.T. Barnum Circus once said...' there is a sucker born every minute '.

Ps:.....Sometimes there's more brains in a bottle of wadda...BobLoblah

BobLoblah
Speaking of suckers... No one is predicting the end of the world here nor the second coming of Christ. Well maybe Hagee is in his rapture.

BobLoblah
Newbie Member

Post by BobLoblah »

19Apr14....No one is predicting the end of the world you say !!!.....There are topics devoted to this herein.

Ps:.....Tell me, are there any parts of the Bible that refers to Jesus laughing???

BobLoblah
BobLoblah
Newbie Member

Post by BobLoblah »

Neha wrote:I personally do not think there is any connection between the blood moons. I am not christian or jewish but if I would be one, I would not link my God to superstition. The verses you quote don't have a common connection. In a nutshell the post seems to say that blood moons is God's way of saying something bad is going to happen to Israel well, I don't see how you can support that from your bible. My two cents. :wave:
...19Apr14.....You are most correct. In addition, things that were bad and happened when blood moons were in effect just happened when the blood moon happened to be there. At the same time, many, many good things were also going on. Such as a couple having their first child, someone winning the local lottery, someone getting a job and others finding lost items that were dear to them.

BobLoblah
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Post by 1harpazo »

Gman, I've read your posts in this thread and it sounds like you're focused on the Jewish people to the exclusion of all others. Yes, Israel and his descendents are God's chosen people, but He has also a different plan for those who put their faith and trust in His Son.

Jesus said in Luke 17:26-37 that a separation is coming when He returns. The righteous will be separated from the unrighteous and then the unrighteous will be judged. He used Noah and Lot as examples. Righteous Noah and his crew were separated from the unrighteous world and then the unrighteous were judged and no one survived. Righteous Lot and his family were separated from the unrighteous city of Sodom and no one in Sodom survived God's judgment. By the way, the judgment started on THE SAME DAY of the separation.

Does this slight the Jews (or gentiles) who reject Jesus? No, because they will have heard the gospel just like you and I have. However, there is good news for Israel. Read chapter 12 of Revelation. Who is the woman in that chapter? She is Israel who gives birth to a son (Jesus) and then goes into the wilderness TO A PLACE PREPARED BY GOD for her to be fed for 1,260 days (Rev 12:6). She is helped to get there by a great eagle (the USA?) and she is "fed for a time, times and half a time" (Rev12:14). A "time, times and half a time" is equal to 1,260 days which is equal to 3 1/2 years and this language is found Daniel 7:25, 12:7. According to Daniel, the Abomination of Desolation occurs at the midpoint of the final seven year period which would be 3 1/2 years (1,260 days, time, times and half a time) in. Jesus spoke of this in Matthew 24:15. He told those who are in JUDEA to flee to the mountains when the abomination that makes desolate happens. He told them to go to the place prepared by God for them. They will be there for 3 1/2 years and be protected from God's judgment until the end of the seven years. I believe that those who make it to this sanctuary will be the ones who repopulate the earth during the millennial reign of Jesus Christ.

The rapture is going to happen. It's the separation of the righteous from the unrighteous. Jesus said it and that settles it. Don't try to protect and defend the feelings of a group of people to the exclusion of other groups. God will move those Jews whom He chooses to the sanctuary in the wilderness, then rapture those who put their faith and trust in His Son Jesus and then judge those who are left of which no one will survive. Jesus then begins to reign on earth for a 1,000 years and during that time those from the sanctuary will repopulate the earth.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

I think there is plenty of history and revelation that demonstrates significance to a tetrad blood moon cycle.
Something big is going to happen this year, I just don't know what it is. But it's going to do with Israel, and with the next prophetic 'click'.
Preparing for a fyrin :boxing: :lol: