The Four Blood Moons

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Four Blood Moons

Post by Gman »

Not sure if everyone is paying attention to the four blood moons prophecies but it is getting a lot of exposure these days. A very hot topic. So what is the prophecy of these four blood moons? In a nutshell, no one is exactly sure what they will bring. Some say the rapture (which I would disagree with), some say the second coming of Christ (which I would disagree), other say war (which I would think is the most plausible). Mark Biltz from El Shaddai Ministries is the main teacher behind these teachings (not Hagee).

Signs in the sky or heavens are actually a major theme used in the Bible.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years

Psalms 19: 1-3 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. 3 They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.

Luke 21:25 There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red

Everyone knows we get red blood moons every once in awhile. How can we get them? Basically they occur when the moon get's eclipsed by the earth (see diagram below, red arrow).

The big difference of this find however is that these red blood moons occur on the Biblical feast days of Passover and Sukkot between 2014 through 2015 (see diagram) called a tetrad.

It appears that when a red blood moon appears in this sequence, it's never been good news for Israel.

Three sets of blood-red moons that corresponded to significant events: (this is from another source)

The Spanish Inquisition final year 1492 when the Alhambra Decree ordered all remaining Jews who would not convert to Christianity to leave Spain, the 1948 War of Independence and the 1967 Six-Day War had back-to-back, blood-red moons occur on the first day of Passover and Sukkot the following two years or beginning the same year of the 1967 Six-Day War for two years.

The Spanish Inquisition — 1492

* Passover, April 2, 1493
* Sukkoth, Sept. 25, 1493
* Passover, March 22, 1494
* Sukkoth, Sept. 15, 1494

The War of Independence — 1948

* Passover, April 13, 1949
* Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
* Passover, April 2, 1950
* Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950

The Six-Day War — 1967

* First Day of Passover, April 24, 1967
* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 18, 1967
* First Day of Passover. April 13, 1968
* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 6, 1968

What will occur in the 2013–2015 time period?

* First Day of Passover, April 15, 2014
* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 8, 2014
* First Day of Passover, April 4, 2015
* First Day of Sukkoth, Sept. 28, 2015

Fall Feasts in 2015

* Rosh Hashanah (The Feast of Trumpets), Sept. 14
* Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement), Sept. 23
* Sukkoth (The Feast of Tabernacles), Sept. 28

However if you will notice the event in 1949, the war of independence for Israel was basically over. These were the main events for Israel for 1949.

So where are they getting all this stuff of a red blood moon being a bad omen for Israel? It is basically found in the Talmud Sukkah 29a.
Talmud Sukkah 29A wrote:Our Rabbis taught, 22 When the sun is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for the whole world. This may be illustrated by a parable. To what can this be compared? To a human being who made a banquet for his servants and put up for them a lamp. When he became wroth with them he said to his servant,‘Take away the lamp from them, and let them sit in the dark’. It was taught: R. Meir said, Whenever the luminaries are in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel 23 since they are inured to blows. 24 This may be compared to a school teacher who comes to school with a strap in his hand. Who becomes apprehensive? He who is accustomed to be daily punished. Our Rabbis taught, When the sun is in eclipse it is a bad omen for idolaters; when the moon is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel, 23 since Israel reckons by the moon 25 and idolaters by the sun. 26 If it 27 is in eclipse in the east, it is a bad omen for those who dwell in the east; if in the west, it is a badomen for those who dwell in the west; if in the midst of heaven it is bad omen for the whole world. If its face is red as blood, [it is a sign that] the sword is coming to the world; if it is like sack-cloth, 28 the arrows of famine are coming to the world; if it resembles both, the sword and the arrows of famine are coming to the world. If the eclipse is at sunset 29 calamity will tarry in its coming; if at dawn, it hastens on its way: but some say the order is to be reversed. And there is no nation which is smitten that its gods are not smitten together with it, as it is said, And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments. 30 But when Israel fulfil the will of the Omnipresent, they need have no fear of all these [omens] as it is said, Thus saith the Lord,’ Learn not the way of the nations, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven, for the nations are dismayed at them, 31
the idolaters will be dismayed, but Israel will not be dismayed.
Possible other causes of the Biblical red blood moons are fire, smoke, (in the atmosphere) and earthquakes (debris) and not a lunar eclipse.. You will find this recorded in places like Acts 2:19-20, Revelation 6:12, Joel 2:30, and Zechariah 14:6.

Acts 2:19 I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. 20 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. 21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

Joel 2:30 I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke.

Zechariah 14:6 On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness.

So what is going to happen? Basically no one really knows. It could even be a flop.. I would suspect however that war is coming to the region. There are many good reasons to suspect this since Iran is very close to getting a nuclear bomb where Israel could retaliate. Also the "so called" up and coming peace treaty that everyone is forcing Israel to sign, will most likely cause a civil war in Israel or a war with the Arabs again. It will not bring peace unfortunately.

Here are some other resources and videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi78PmRX46Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P8VLZADfKU
http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... lood-moons
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: The Four Blood Moons

Post by B. W. »

:sbump:

Interesting...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Here is something interesting concerning these blood moons

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2013/ ... 445088.htm

Comments???
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Neha
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Neha »

I personally do not think there is any connection between the blood moons. I am not christian or jewish but if I would be one, I would not link my God to superstition. The verses you quote don't have a common connection. In a nutshell the post seems to say that blood moons is God's way of saying something bad is going to happen to Israel well, I don't see how you can support that from your bible. My two cents. :wave:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Neha wrote:I personally do not think there is any connection between the blood moons. I am not christian or jewish but if I would be one, I would not link my God to superstition. The verses you quote don't have a common connection. In a nutshell the post seems to say that blood moons is God's way of saying something bad is going to happen to Israel well, I don't see how you can support that from your bible. My two cents. :wave:
From the empirical lessons from history... and then through logic, connect the dots...
NASA found that we have had "blood-red moons" on the first day of Passover and the first day of Sukkoth on back-to-back years seven times since 1 A.D. Three of these occurrences were connected to 1492 (the year the Jews were expelled from Spain by Queen Isabella) , 1948 (statehood for Israel and the War of Independence), and 1967 (the Six-Day War) — some of the most significant days in Jewish history. According to NASA - Four 'blood-red' TOTAL lunar eclipses WILL fall again on Passover and Sukkoth in 2014 and 2015… the same back-to-back occurrences at the time of 1492, 1948 and 1967. Quoted from this link for ease of reference to historical facts
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Neha
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Neha »

B. W. wrote:
Neha wrote:I personally do not think there is any connection between the blood moons. I am not christian or jewish but if I would be one, I would not link my God to superstition. The verses you quote don't have a common connection. In a nutshell the post seems to say that blood moons is God's way of saying something bad is going to happen to Israel well, I don't see how you can support that from your bible. My two cents. :wave:
From the empirical lessons from history... and then through logic, connect the dots...
NASA found that we have had "blood-red moons" on the first day of Passover and the first day of Sukkoth on back-to-back years seven times since 1 A.D. Three of these occurrences were connected to 1492 (the year the Jews were expelled from Spain by Queen Isabella) , 1948 (statehood for Israel and the War of Independence), and 1967 (the Six-Day War) — some of the most significant days in Jewish history. According to NASA - Four 'blood-red' TOTAL lunar eclipses WILL fall again on Passover and Sukkoth in 2014 and 2015… the same back-to-back occurrences at the time of 1492, 1948 and 1967. Quoted from this link for ease of reference to historical facts
-
-
-
If I started that b. W, one could find all sorts of connections. And the crowd I came from can see connections everywhere so it takes more than that then to juat connect the dots. My one question would be how do you support that from your scripture? I can't see how that is following any known principles of interpretation of hermeneutics. Would you show me how, without proofreading. Because right now that is what I see.

But you do think that a red moon has a supernatural aspect with regards to Israel? I think its simply astronomy.
I am not bashing your belief but really this is not even theologically correct.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Neha wrote:
B. W. wrote:
If I started that b. W, one could find all sorts of connections. And the crowd I came from can see connections everywhere so it takes more than that then to juat connect the dots. My one question would be how do you support that from your scripture? I can't see how that is following any known principles of interpretation of hermeneutics. Would you show me how, without proofreading. Because right now that is what I see.

But you do think that a red moon has a supernatural aspect with regards to Israel? I think its simply astronomy.
The same can be proven of atheism as well too - you can find all sorts of connections - can you not?

So what is the difference? There are empirical data that points to something regarding these blood moons that shoots beyond the law of probability. How folks interpret the data is up to them as that is how a Just God designed moral reasoning beings. He permits choice and let's us do whatever and in doing so, we call him unjust...

All I can do is look at the data and see that there maybe something to this due to the law of probability here outshines any probability of random chance creation atheism espouses. I can look at it as a sign, or not pay attention to it. What the sign points too, well, not clear but if the proverbial dung hits the fan in a year - then we'll know. That is why I stated that this is interesting...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Neha wrote:
B. W. wrote:

The same can be proven of atheism as well too - you can find all sorts of connections - can you not?

So what is the difference? There are empirical data that points to something regarding these blood moons that shoots beyond the law of probability. How folks interpret the data is up to them as that is how a Just God designed moral reasoning beings. He permits choice and let's us do whatever and in doing so, we call him unjust...

All I can do is look at the data and see that there maybe something to this due to the law of probability here outshines any probability of random chance creation atheism espouses. I can look at it as a sign, or not pay attention to it. What the sign points too, well, not clear but if the proverbial dung hits the fan in a year - then we'll know. That is why I stated that this is interesting...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Neha wrote:
B. W. wrote:
-
-
-

Hi Neha

The glory of God's work is written in the stars, Psalm 19:1-14

If you ever get the chance watch the Bethlehem Star http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hptQbH_59nc this is just this persons opinion but it is what it is.

Prophets having been watching the signs in the sky for thousands of years, there is nothing non Biblical about this.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

As far as what that these Red Blood moons could bring this is what I've heard so far. And it isn't good.

1. Israel has a war with Iran or another Middle East neighbor which sets off a worldwide conflict. Products such as oil are stopped out of the Persian Gulf which effects all economic communities including the U.S..
2. World wide food shortages.
3. Electrical grids get sabotaged by viruses causing shutdowns of grocery stores.
4. The Temple in Jerusalem get's rebuilt as a result of the war or peace treaty.

Again.. No one really knows, this is speculation but a possible alert too.

One other thing I leaned that the Red Blood moon in Sukkot in 2015 will actually be a Supermoon over Jerusalem. This will make it quite a bit brighter. Interesting..

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Yep, looks like a bad moon rising...
Bad Moon Rising

Creedence Clearwater Revival
Bad Moon Rising Lyrics

I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.

Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes ablowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Don't go around tonight,
All right!

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Don't go around tonight,

Don't go around tonight,
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Gman wrote: 3. Electrical grids get sabotaged by viruses causing shutdowns of grocery stores.
I would expect more hacks into our financial systems such as the one that happened to Target or even Banks. The virtual world is increasingly an area of our next warfare.

"A breach of credit and debit card data at discount retailer Target may have affected as many as 40 million shoppers who went to the store in the three weeks after Thanksgiving, the retailer said Thursday."

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/18/news/co ... edit-card/

A little update on the blood moons..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3FpgtXIAQ[/youtube]

Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Just started reading "Four Blood Moons" by John Hagee in light of this thread and because my Pastor mentioned it as well. All very interesting stuff - thanks for the heads up Gman.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Silvertusk wrote:Just started reading "Four Blood Moons" by John Hagee in light of this thread and because my Pastor mentioned it as well. All very interesting stuff - thanks for the heads up Gman.
Thanks.. Yes, I've got the book too and have read it. My only problem with Hagee is how he ties it all in with the rapture.. :roll: Other problems I have with Hagee is how distances himself from G-d's covenants.. What I like about him is his strong ties with Israel and CUFI. But other than that, I don't have much in common with the guy.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Just an FYI for those interested in Hagee, according to CARM,
John Hagee denies Christ claimed to be the messiah in their article here.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony