Discussion about Peter the Roman "the final Pope"

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Discussion about Peter the Roman "the final Pope"

Post by DRDS »

Hello everyone, this has been something else that has been on my mind in terms of end times events or possible end times events here lately. I first heard about this about a year or so ago from some prophecy experts that I every now and then watch and listen to on the web.

And one of the things they mentioned was the catholic church and their part in end times events. And in this particular program they talked about a prophecy that a catholic saint, Saint Malachy had over eight hundred years ago. He claims he was given the exact number of popes that would be in power up until the end of the world. And the number that he was given was one hundred and twelve popes.

And that the final pope that comes in will be a evil pope and would I assume have ties to the antichrist and the one world government and so on. And this final Pope, this evil Pope's name will be Petrus Romanus or Peter the Roman.

It's interesting to note, we will know for sure here in the next month or so if this prophecy is true. Granted, it is not directly from the Bible, but if things do go according to this vision of St. Malachy considering everything else going on right now, it could lead to something.

I'm also very much open to the possibility that this may not go according to this vision as well. But either way, my sole purpose is to just inform you all about if you are not already informed and to be even more prepared just in case things really start to get interesting. Anyways, here is a article and video link that gives more info into this topic. Thank you all for your time guys.

http://propheciesoftheendtimes.com/pete ... -a-winner/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESO78PsY8us
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Discussion about Peter the Roman "the final Pope"

Post by RickD »

The great thing about supposed prophets is that once they make one mistake, while claiming prophesy, they are a false prophet. One mistake of someone claiming to be a prophet is all it takes to be proven a false prophet.

A perfect example of a self-proclaimed prophet who is really a false prophet, is Harold Camping.

Oh, and haven't there been 265 popes anyways?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

265 so far? How do you know? I'm not catholic so I haven't looked very far into this yet.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DRDS wrote:265 so far? How do you know? I'm not catholic so I haven't looked very far into this yet.
Google :lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Whatever :/
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Maybe it was 112 popes from St.Malachy...
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

PaulSacramento wrote:Maybe it was 112 popes from St.Malachy...

But of course no one knows the time of the second coming - so it is useless making any form of predictions on it.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

We may not know the exact day or time, but we are told to be watchful. I would presume an intelligent and loving God would give his faithful signs to look for (that He knows we could recognize with our limited intellect).

Let's also consider the contributions of Fatima. Benedict XVI was the first and only Pope who already possessed full knowledge of the Third Secret. He is the first Pope in 600 years to abdicate, not a huge deal in of itself, but perhaps a move that warrants attention considering the timing, as well as the language used in declared visions and/or apparitions.

Pope Emeritus will continue to wear a white cassock, and in his final Angelus homily, he mentioned a mountain; “The Lord is calling me out to the mountain to devote more time to prayer and meditation, but this does not mean I'm abandoning the Church". This seems prophetic in nature, considering that a "bishop dressed in white" makes his way to the top of a mountain to be before a Cross before his death in the Fatima visions.

Furthermore, the words "we had the impression it was the Holy Father" from the vision now make complete sense. Why choose the words "calling me out to the mountain?". Why not simply say "the Lord is calling me to devote more time to prayer"? I presume this sentence was deliberate.

I would also suggest looking carefully at the following: the prophesies by St. Patrick, Our Lady of La Salette, St. Malachy concerning the Popes, the 3 days of Darkness, the Great Monarch, Our visions of St. John Bosco, Our Lady of Akita, St. Victorinus a Father of the Church and of course, the Bible.

Again, no one knows the exact date or time, but this entire situation has me more watchful than ever before.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Ah, just disregard the OP, and after talking with bippy123 about it, this St. Malachy guy made several prophecies before this one that did NOT come to pass, and since today's Pope announcement you could easily put this prophecy to the dust bin as well. So again, disregard the OP.
Gilligan
Familiar Member

Post by Gilligan »

Some say Pope Francis can still fit the "Peter the Roman" motto. These mottos were descriptions of popes, not their birth or papal name. The "Peter" part may be referring to the fact he named himself after Francis of Assisi, whose birth name was Giovanni di Pietro di Bernardone. Also, Pope Francis is Italian (i.e. Roman) after having two popes in a row who were not. Although he was born in Argentina, his parents were from Italy, making him Italian rather than Hispanic.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

Quatrain #24 in the book Centuries by Michel de Nostradame prophesies St. John the Baptist ("he who was buried") as "making the strong one out of the bridge to be bound with chains". At a base level, the fourth beast described in Daniel 7:7 fits the bill here, so to speak, and that is "Petrus Romanus". Not knowing all that Christ did and taught, I have learned from reading, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that such a name in prophecy has come as a fruit of His very prayer, as He promised to send the Holy Spirit in His name.

The bridge to be bound with chains is the Resurrection itself. Fortunately, Christ assures us that the gates of hell shall not prevail against us. There is to be an everlasting Kingdom with Christ seated on His Throne.

Both media showings of the last two names in the St. Malachy list, "Gloria Olivae" and "Petrus Romanus", are, at best, Curates. In a way, it is the greatest example of identity theft. Most people are bamboozled about it.
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

At the website of "Petrus Romanus", because the Day of the Lord (Daniel 12:12) has come Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D., the keys to the kingdom of God have been handed back over to Christ, as Jesus Christ, Himself, is now the Vicar of Christ forevermore.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thesign wrote:At the website of "Petrus Romanus", because the Day of the Lord (Daniel 12:12) has come Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D., the keys to the kingdom of God have been handed back over to Christ, as Jesus Christ, Himself, is now the Vicar of Christ forevermore.
Dude,

Get some help. Please.

-Edward R Murrow

thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

RickD wrote:Dude,

Get some help. Please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecusFH-T7Io
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Great, thesign. Are we going to be expecting an apology from you, and your admittance that you are a false prophet? Or are you just going to fade away?

-Edward R Murrow