Question about mark of the beast in a post trib context

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Question about mark of the beast in a post trib context

Post by DRDS »

If were are indeed under a post trib scenario and we as believers have to go through this thing, I was wondering at what early age would the antichrist give his mark to? Will it be given to infants and small children with or WITHOUT their consent? If so that would be sentencing them to hell without them doing anything about it.

I surely hope that isn't the case. Now I have heard from some prophecy and end times scholars that infants and children would not be given such a thing but would wait until the age of accountability to make such a decision.

I've also heard that when the antichrist does come on the scene he will make past dictators and evil people such as Hitler, Stalin, or even Nero and King Herod look very tame. And if that's the case than just like King Herod may have such people terminated under all circumstances.

Since after all infants and children are considered innocent and in the antichrist's "new world order" he would probably not want anything innocent existing within it. So in my view that's what may possibly go down.

And again this is assuming a post trib view if we are under a pre trib rapture view then all infants and children under the age of accountabilty (whenever that is) get a free pass and take part in the rapture along with all believers. But what do you all think, do all think I'm right on this? If not, where am I wrong? But anyways, thank you all for your time.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Question about mark of the beast in a post trib context

Post by RickD »

DRDS wrote:
But what do you all think
I think you're gonna drive yourself crazy analyzing this.

All this is open to a lot of assumptions that scripture is just not clear on. I just trust God will be with me in whatever I go through.

"I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future."
-Homer

:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

DRDS wrote:If were are indeed under a post trib scenario and we as believers have to go through this thing, I was wondering at what early age would the antichrist give his mark to? Will it be given to infants and small children with or WITHOUT their consent? If so that would be sentencing them to hell without them doing anything about it.
If this were the case, I don't think they'd be going to hell since they didn't choose to take it.
DRDS wrote: I've also heard that when the antichrist does come on the scene he will make past dictators and evil people such as Hitler, Stalin, or even Nero and King Herod look very tame. And if that's the case than just like King Herod may have such people terminated under all circumstances.
Probably true. Nimrod II.
I heard an intriguing idea that perhaps Satan has an antichrist in the ready for every generation since he doesn't know exactly what time Jesus will return. I guess this makes more sense if you hold a pre-trib view, though...
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
DRDS wrote:
But what do you all think
I think you're gonna drive yourself crazy analyzing this.

All this is open to a lot of assumptions that scripture is just not clear on. I just trust God will be with me in whatever I go through.

"I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future."
-Homer

:pound:
Yes more words of wisdom from the Redneck Rivera!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys